Someone threaten to kill gh !? - Says so in norwegian paper !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:13 am

What kind of supporters do this club have ? I mean despite of Shankleys words about life or death : You can`t go about threatening people for doing their job, especially in a footballclub ! It`s insane ! :angry:  :angry: Get a grip!
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:35 am

I am a critic of Houllier but I try to be rational and logical in my criticism, and keep it confined to what I see as Gerard Houllier's mistakes and weaknesses in purely footballing terms.

Those people who sprayed the graffiti and sent the death threats are completely out of order.

Houllier is trying his best.......sending him a death threat is just sick.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby shilton_red » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:33 am

I hope they get fingerprints or DNA off the letter sent and catch the person (persons ) responsible . This is a disgrace .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Dom1 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:37 am

.........I BET IT WAS THE RETURN OF BEAVIS HE SEEMS PRETTY P*SSED THAT 'GH' IS STILL IN CHARGE!!

DOM1 :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby oldredeyes » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:27 pm

Whoever is responsible for the death threat and the graffiti should consider themselves fools and need support to combat their mental health problems.
I have been a big critic of GH this season - like many others on this site. But I don't hate GH the man - I disagree with GH the manager, and there it ends.
The people who spray graffiti and send threats are playing into the hands of those who wish GH to stay. The board and the general public will not let terrorism of any sort win or change peoples minds. And urban terrorism is just the same as political terrorism. It's not acceptable.
We all know GH needs to go for the benefit of LFC's ambitions, but this latest episode will just throw another smokescreen around the real issues.
My advice to the lunatics responsible - get a life and start debating the issue on real terms.
There is more than enough evidence to evoke change at the club without your ludicrous efforts.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:31 pm

All this about graffiti and death threats is infact galvanising Houlliers cause .More and more people are giving him the sympathy vote .  I like him anyway and think he should be given till May , if he gets 4th or the Eufa cup hes in next term .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:34 pm

You know it could be from a GH supporter.  It could be a very cunningly disguised trick to get the board to keep him.  If the manager recieves death threats then the board aren't going to kick him out!  Thats bad PR and bad karma.  If he recieves death threats every manjack of the board will be behind him!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby ynwa » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:27 pm

Police have been called in to investigate a death threat received by Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier. The Reds boss opened a letter three weeks ago containing a threat and it has now been passed onto Merseyside Police.

Houllier has come in for intense criticism following Liverpool's FA Cup exit at the hands of Portsmouth, but the club have confirmed that the death threat was received before that match.

A club spokesperson said tonight: "A letter was received about three weeks ago and opened by the manager."

"It was very unpleasant and because of that we have involved the police in the situation. We do not want to over-dramatise the incident, but such letters cannot be ignored."
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:39 pm

Threats against Houllier the man are simply not on and unfair.

We may all have our disagreements over how he runs the team, but as Old Red Eyes said, criticism should be kept strictly to the football.

Houllier has many faults but he's never done the dirty on the club or fans. He may irritate us sometimes with his spin but its not like he has said or done something stupid like David O' Leary with his book or Glenn Hoddles......er, 1001 bad things Hoddle did or said!

Also, I can understand people's anger and frustration, and I'm as big a critic of him as anybody, but the growing rascist and personal abuse is simply not on.

Criticise his policies and tactics all you like, but what will personal abuse solve?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Thor Viking » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:00 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Threats against Houllier the man are simply not on and unfair.

We may all have our disagreements over how he runs the team, but as Old Red Eyes said, criticism should be kept strictly to the football.

Houllier has many faults but he's never done the dirty on the club or fans. He may irritate us sometimes with his spin but its not like he has said or done something stupid like David O' Leary with his book or Glenn Hoddles......er, 1001 bad things Hoddle did or said!

Also, I can understand people's anger and frustration, and I'm as big a critic of him as anybody, but the growing rascist and personal abuse is simply not on.

Criticise his policies and tactics all you like, but what will personal abuse solve?

Absolutely nothing,say it again - WAR - what is it good for !

In war you kill - we should stick to what`s more important - FOOTBALL!
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:04 pm

Boy those Norweigein papers are something aye!!!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:06 pm

Has wrote:Boy those Norweigein papers are something aye!!!

Yes, they follow english football in general, and PL in particular, very closely ! Good for us, right ?
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:47 pm

amen to that. houliier may not be the greatest manager but nobody deserves that kind of abuse.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:14 pm

sounds like a blue wind up to me. Who gains from making Liverpool fans look bad and making Houllier a sympathy figure? exactly,blues and mancs.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:31 pm

I was surprised because I have never seen that kind of abuse from Pool fans before.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion