Daniel agger - Finally: a tough competitor for carra

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:47 pm

Liverpool ace admits bench stay possible
07-09-2006 15:17

Carragher admitted to the Daily Express that he may have to wait for his chance:

"I've always been concerned about my place and have learnt never to take anything for granted. Gerard Houllier would always bring players in for my position so I've always been prepared for a fight.

"I'll battle with anyone. This is one of the reasons I don't like getting injured because it gives someone else a chance to do well.

"Daniel has done very well alongside Sami Hyypia, particularly if you consider he is still finding his feet.

"People might assume me and Sami will play because we're the experienced ones, but I have to be honest and say that if Daniel or Gabriel Paletta come in and do well, then they should play."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm

Whilst Agger has done very well, I feel the defence has lacked organisation without Carra in there.

As I understand it, Agger is seen as the replacement for Hyppia, and Paletta for Carra.

I Could see Carra and Agger making a good pairing next year, as I feel this will be the last season Sami plays regularly.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:59 pm

I don't see Agger as a replacement for Carragher anyway. I think Carragher is just being modest. Its much more likely that Agger will knock Hyypia out of the team.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:11 pm

He played extremly well against Chelsea any other young centre half would be like a rabbit in headlights against Schevchenko and Chelsea itself.
But he wasnt fazed by it.
Our defence has looked shaky because of the zonal marking and the new boys not yet used to the system.
I agree with what others have said and I think Agger is a replacement for Sammi, he has still got plenty years left in him, next season he wont be playing every game either. David Weirs about 90 and he still plays for the bluesh1te.

No one will disslodge Carra that easy, and the player that does will have to have the same passion as him and theres not many of them types around.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:50 pm

Too true Ciggy, Rafa understands the importance of passion in a player and he milks it from Carra... The other players look up to him as much as they do to Stevie, maybe even more so in some ways. Danny Agger will be Carra's long term partner I've no doubt but there's more to be had from Sami yet.

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:25 am

Carra is far and away our best defender.

He's just being modest.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:50 pm

If anything, it is Carra and another central defender from Hyppia, Agger or Paletta. Make no mistake, we have missed Carra and our defence at times lacked the composure and organisation of last season without Carra.

Carra is being way too modest or perhaps he is helping to build up the confidence of Agger for the good of the team. it is such an injustice to Carra's form and proven abilities that he had been put behind Rio Ferdinand in the England first team as he should be the first choice partner alongside John Terry.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:18 pm

http://www.visir.is/apps/pbcs.dll/article?.../109080028/1052

The Danish international Daniel Agger, which plays for Liverpool, had a very good game with the danish national side against the icelandic one on wednesday, and he controlled the defence beautifully and broke down almost every icelandic attack.

This young and talented defender showed after the game that he has a heart of gold, when he walked to a man in a wheelchair, took his shirt of and gave the man the shirt, which smiled all around.

Didnt know he played on wednesday FFS, have we had no players at Melwood this week or what :down:
Sounds like he had a good game anyway, and what a nice gesture from such a young laddo. :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOWIE » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:45 pm

Agger seems to be a very good signing for the reds. I agree with the idea of carra and agger in the middle together being the future, and a bright one at that. Agger could be a striker by the looks of it after the west ham goal, wat a screamer, has a great view from the centenary of that one.  Jokes aside, agger should defo be in next season regular, with hyypia bein no younger, and no faster, time to replace the anfield legend. :bowdown

"the futures bright, the futures agger"
HOWIE

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:55 am

now he seems to be making the regular 'spouse' for carra  :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge