Will Arsenal defend their title?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby HistoryGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:30 pm

Do you think Arsenal will be able to defend their title with Liverpool and Man U right on their heels?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jay » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:51 pm

I think Arsenal have a great chance of winning the league again.  I think (hope) united are slowing down and have been showing signs of this over the last couple of seasons. One player isnt going to make them the best in the world, even though Rio is a #### good player.  Arsenal though have been getting stronger and stronger, their star players are young, and are getting better and better.

Liverpool have also been improving steadily over the last few seasons.  I just hope we can sort out our lack of penetration and goals... Houllier has gotta play more attacking football and stop getting the team to fall back when we score a goal.  I truly believe we have an outside chance this season if this can be sorted out.
Jay

Postby shepboy » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:07 pm

Lets face it the league is between us, Manchester United and Arsenal. I still feel we're the slightly weaker of the trio simply because both the other two know what it takes to win the title and we don't and we need to be more consistant.

United have improved by buying Ferdinand but I hate United so if it ain't gonna be Liverpool then let the Gunners do it again besides they've got Pires and he is totally class forget your Beckhams, Gerrards and anyone else, there's no one better than Pires in my eyes.
shepboy

Postby relentless » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:03 pm

all we need to do is stop falling asleep after we take the lead cuz we are losing points cuz of it
relentless

Postby HistoryGirl » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:53 pm

Its always top three us, Man U "morons" and Arsenal.

We need to play more attacking football we soak up the pressure and just settle for 1-0 but if we're gonna WIN the title I think we can. We NEED to score more goals and attack the defence is fantastic, we have plenty of attacking options-tactics need to change if we're gonna win title.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:56 pm

HistoryGirl wrote:We need to play more attacking football we soak up the pressure and just settle for 1-0 but if we're gonna WIN the title I think we can. We NEED to score more goals and attack the defence is fantastic, we have plenty of attacking options-tactics need to change if we're gonna win title.

what the f*@# are you on ?
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:04 pm

History Girl spot-on.It's something a lot of us have been screaming from the rafters for the last couple of seasons but we were initially drowned out by the red-blinkered brigade.Well success tells its own story the best attacking teams win the leagues.If we want to stop the the monopoly of Arsenal and the mancs then we have to take a leaf out of their books and attack with conviction.Whether we have the staff(manager+side-kick)to do so,meaning change the style we play,thats the raging debate.Here's to a very interesting summer of comings and goings.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:36 pm

shepboy wrote:Lets face it the league is between us, Manchester United and Arsenal.

how do you come to that conclusion , ? when have we ever been in contention for the league?
never. stop kidding yourself
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:01 pm

Cheesecakery my friend let me tell you a story.Long ago, before football was invented by SKY the tele God, we ,meaning Liverpool and it's disciples, enjoyed many years of winning league championships under the guidance of the true football Gods called Shankley,Paisley,Fagan and Dalglish.Alas,the latter God,Dalglish took ill and at this point dark clouds began to gather.He was quickly replaced by Souness another god, so we thought, but to no avail,for he was not a true God and dark times prevailed.He too was replaced ,by Evans,but his players took him for a fool.And then came Houllier,who promised much.And still we wait.
This was before cheesecake became a dessert,it was still just a pudding.         :D
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:00 pm

yes i think there was something mentioned in the bible about that,
im talking the last ten years , we have never had a look in,
man u won it 7 times , arsenal 2 , blackburn 1.
how are we contenders??
???
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:54 pm

We won't be contenders until Houllier and Cyrano de Bergerac realise that attack is the best way to win the league.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion