The e-season ticket - Value for money (no!)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:31 pm

I recently completed a year's subscription to the official site's e-season ticket. I didn't renew it though for several reasons.

1) The discussion board closes for pasting at 11 each night. This is far better as an LFC discussion board.

2) I can get to see all the same videos free at LFCland and Youtube.

3) On match days, the radio broadcasts are usually of crummy quality. Might as well just follow a game on Yahoo match cast--or here on the discussion board. Furthermore, for those who do their research there are live streaming options out there free on the Internet.

4) Finally, even without the e-season ticket, one is still able to access more than half of the stuff on the official site.

For these reasons, I won't be resubscribing!
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby al_cud » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:52 pm

have you checked it still works, i bought  a year subcribtion nearly two years ago and it still works
al_cud

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:14 pm

No, it doesn't work.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:34 pm

I bought one thinking every game had live video streaming but i checked back and it was only "selected" games. So i looked at the fixtue list and the only one so far is the Haifa game. Which leads me to think that only CL and cup games wil be shown. Load of :censored:. I wont be getting this again.......

sort of on the same topic what happened to that petition we done a while back to LFC to start a tv channel. It about time we had our own.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:13 pm

alessandromagno wrote:No, it doesn't work.

it automatically renews unless you state otherwise. Check your bank statements  :)
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:29 pm

I told them not to pay it.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:10 am

alessandromagno wrote:I told them not to pay it.

i warned you about the e-season thing...save your money. i just caught them in the nick of time attempting to draw another years worth of subscription from my bank account.

well them 40 sheets can pay for my new shirt.

warning!  lfc.tv WILL take moneys from you until YOU instruct them to do otherwise. (imo that is wholly unfair)  but hey, you live and learn... there are many other ways of blowing 40 quid.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:18 am

I have bought one for the first time a month back.To be honest up to yet i think its a pile of pants and expected more live viewing apart from just audio.I have a satellite system that gives me live football channels from all over the world,which ok i cant understand anything said but at least i get to see the games.When i play back archive stuff for some reason the colours :censored: up and we always look as though we play in blue.Tried loads of things to rectify the situation but for some stupid reason the seats at anfield,our kit etc are BLUE....well weird.Anyway the sooner we have our own tv channel the better because what we have now is shíte for a club like us.:angry:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:42 am

Ive since found a site that has almost any sporting event played live all the time. I watched the Chelsea game on the weekend and you know what it was better quality than what we get of the e season ticket. PM me if anyone wants the link.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:54 am

My main gripe with the e season ticket is the quality of the video playback.
Other than that, I quite like it. I enjoy watching the reserve highlights, I enjoy the press conferences, the interviews, and I'm currently enjoying the 100 PTSTK.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:43 am

True Niel but sicne they dont operate a TV channel yet you would also expect them to put a lot more effort into match coverage.

But yes the reserve highlights and other bits are good also.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:21 am

bavlondon wrote:True Niel but sicne they dont operate a TV channel yet you would also expect them to put a lot more effort into match coverage.

I don't understand what you mean by this.
If you mean improving the quality , then yes - spot on.  But if you're after more live games, then it simply isn't going to happen. As we all know, live games packages are auctioned off to the highest bidders by the Football League, Premier League, FA and UEFA. Sky having the majority of games, while BBC, ITV et al pick up the crumbs.
Individual clubs have no rights, as of yet, to broadcast there own live games. Even clubs with there own tv channels do not broadcast live games. The only exception to this is preseason friendlies, which Liverpoolfc.tv have broadcast.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:45 am

Waste of money........I've only got it this season because I didn't realise they would steal the money from my bank for a second year running.Apparently you have to find the link in the reminder e-mail they send and cancel the agreement.This will be a priority "must do in July2007"
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:10 am

supersub wrote:Waste of money........I've only got it this season because I didn't realise they would steal the money from my bank for a second year running.Apparently you have to find the link in the reminder e-mail they send and cancel the agreement.This will be a priority "must do in July2007"

bummer m8  :lookaround

i understand why they do it. i just do not agree with it.

even dick turpin wore a mask...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:30 pm

Yer the e-season ticket is not the best is it? 

I've had two of them and I only ever used it to see Rafa's interviews, but with the rapid explosion of Youtube as the 'New' Google as Houller would say (but without the show-off white boots) and a site I visit regularly called lfcgoals.com, I can pretty much see what I feel like without spending forty quid.
jonnymac1979

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion