Guardian - Some good stuff

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Yesterdays Guardian had some good articles. Sorry for late post but I just picked it up today and had a look.

It basically highlights the difference between Benitez and Moanrino

respect

blame

taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Yeah a good read in all 3, it seems the press in turning on Jose at last and they see him for the arrogant little man that he is!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:36 pm

I thought Maureen was a breath of fresh air when he arrived in England. The Fergie-Wenger rivarly had got pretty boring and i found his comments and arrogance funny. But now he reminds of a spoilt child when things don't go his way. I used to detest Fergie because he was so graceless in defeat (he has mellowed somewhat) and Mourinho is very similar.

So many of Mourinho's comments must grate on the nerves of the even the most loyal Chelsea fans. I'm so grateful we have a manager who shows some humility, respect and a genuine affinity for the fans. Can you imagine Mourinho in the Anfield hotseat? It just wouldn't have worked.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:32 pm

nice read taff, mourinho really is a bitter tool. he's becoming a charicature of himself which is getting tedious, the tw@t
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:07 pm

this is one of the funniest things i've read in the guardian for a while. the Cisse fans might not like it too much though - liverpoolmadman, look away now!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:20 pm

andy_g wrote:this is one of the funniest things i've read in the guardian for a while. the Cisse fans might not like it too much though - liverpoolmadman, look away now!

"the Lord of the Manor of Frodsham is incapable of interfering with play and is therefore not bound by the offside law as it is currently defined"   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:22 pm

Very good and sadly most of it is very true
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:27 pm

Very Very funny and unfortunately it's pretty much spot on. Did you see Rafa going absolutelt ballistic on the sidelines at Cisse in the last few minutes on Saturday? He even gave him what looked like a telling off when all the players were celebrating with the fans after the game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:43 am

I saw Rafa screaming and gesturing at Cisse during the closing stages of the Chelase game, as Rafa wants him to help with the defending. I did not see Rafa telling him off after the match as the cable tv immediately went on a commercial break after the end of the game.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:17 pm

14 million pounds!?! - makes your fkn blood boil.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:55 pm

cisse was totally :censored: ! (i didnt mention this after the game as i didn't wanted to spoil the party) .

His coming on in the 60th minute was the main reason (according to me atleast) why we had to sustain so much preesure in the last few minutes.

Apart from one cross (which i think he sud hav played 4 a corner) he did nothing in 30 mins of football and he dares 2 call himself a striker and even goes so far as to say that his WC chances are being harmed at LFC
:angry: :angry:

How can ANYONE ,no matter how stupid u r, still want cisse (or SIssy to put it more aptly),at LFC 4 next season.....if we are 2 win the EPL we can't have "footballers" like him......because he is hardly one...it would be more apt to call him a well built marathon runner
want
angry:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:55 am

My words mean nothing to anyone else but i'll say this anyway, Chelsea can have all the money in the world, they can buy the best players available, they can afford any wage any player demands but something they will never have, they dont have Anfield as there home ground, they dont have us as there supporters and they definately have no spirit in that club whatsoever, they are Roman Abramocich's plaything, ya know, the dildo of the premiership !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:46 am

Kharhaz wrote:My words mean nothing to anyone else but i'll say this anyway, Chelsea can have all the money in the world, they can buy the best players available, they can afford any wage any player demands but something they will never have, they dont have Anfield as there home ground, they dont have us as there supporters and they definately have no spirit in that club whatsoever, they are Roman Abramocich's plaything, ya know, the dildo of the premiership !

Pretty random post....... What made you say this? just out of curiosity :O
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:20 am

we can say all we want but when you think £14million.... :censored: raped if u ask me
THE RAFALUTION HAS BEGUN...........

YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96
LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA

Postby Sabre » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:19 pm

Not directly related to Liverpool, but it's a good footie read about the context in which LFC is moving, the english football.

Barney Ronay
Saturday August 19, 2006
The Guardian

It was clear the Chelsea attack would be dangerous this season, but few can have guessed at the true extent of its scariness. "Teams in the Premiership will be up against the rocket, a steaming attack that cannot get enough . . . The rocket is loaded," Michael Ballack told The Sun this week. Wow! Not just a rocket, but a steaming, loaded one.

That really does sound like a dangerous attack. In the past teams might have been happy with a front line made up of marksmen and sharp-shooters, with perhaps a baby-faced assassin or a wily hitman waiting in the wings. At Chelsea, however, nothing less than missile technology will do.

Is there something sinister going on here? The fear is that the Chelsea attack could soon become simply too dangerous for its own good. Andriy Shevchenko, for example, bears a strong physical resemblance to the main bad guy's henchman in a James Bond film, the one who also has nifty gadgets, is almost as tough as Bond, but ends up being horribly dismembered by a steak and kidney pie packing machine during a fistfight with Roger Moore ("I never did find out what his beef was . . .").

Of course, football has a long history of dangerous extremes: goalkeepers who become so adept at "making themselves big" they end up consigned to a life of lonely, hermit-like gigantism, mournfully pacing an imaginary six yard box in the depths of some remote forest; and defences so solid they eventually fuse together to become fossilised human remains (tiny fragments of Steve Bould are still being found scattered about the fields and motorway verges close to Arsenal's training ground).

On a striking theme, the "telepathic understanding" between Liverpool strikers John Toshack and Kevin Keegan became so intense during the 1970s that both players were driven irretrievably insane. It's a credit to football that the pair have since been cared for within the game, even enjoying lengthy stints in coaching and TV punditry.

The situation at Stamford Bridge is more extreme. Backed by its owner's vast wealth, there is no upper limit to how dangerous the Chelsea attack might become. The Premiership has begun to resemble the cold war arms race, but with only one side buying any weapons. How long before we see Didier Drogba paraded through the capital, flat out and monumental on a 200 metre rocket trailer, flanked by a squadron of goose-stepping teenagers?

What we need is a competing superpower to even things up. Perhaps Aston Villa's Randy Lerner could provide an uneasy counterbalance, stockpiling his own reserves of finishers, poachers and single-minded goal machines. Chelsea buy a fleet of proven European goalscorers: he responds with a platoon of pacy front-men with an enviable international scoring record.

In time we could see calls for unilateral striking disarmament. Summits, treaties and ultimatums will come and go. Sting might write a sad song about it. As a goodwill gesture both sides could eventually agree to the controlled destruction of Salomon Kalou and Milan Baros. And in time we might even live to see the entire Chelsea first team squad buried beneath 500 metres of concrete on a remote Pacific atoll. We can only pray that the world sees sense before it's too late.

----

From the outside it's just amazing the amount of money is moving in the english football. And billionaires seem to appear from everywhere to take control of the teams. I know that buying the best players around isn't the way to success (watch Real Madrid) but even then I don't like the current path footie is taking.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion