What was your favourite decade? - Film, music, life, whatever!

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

What was your favourite decade? - Film, music, life, whatever!

The 60s (beatles, television,world cup)
No votes
The 70s (disco, afros, the colour brown)
18%
The 80s (Electro pop, dodgy haircuts, Fame)
45%
The 90s (Britpop, Mr Blooby, Snes + megadrive)
18%
The 00s (ipod, idiots, PS2, Stupid footy forums!)
18%

Total votes : 11

Postby maximus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:06 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I had a ZX Spectrum 128k+2 which at the time was cutting edge!!!

I had the 48K Speccy - you can still play the games online!

Commodore 64 - Daley Thompsons Decathlon, Revenge Of The Mutant Camels e.t.c waiting for 20 minutes while the games loaded up on a tape deck, only to crash at 19 minutes of the loading process  :angry:

What about the BBC Micro, only the geeks had that computer in my school :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:08 pm

if you was born in the 80s, you always went to he caravan didnt yeah, everyone i knew went, it was quality.

Wrighty your right about 90s music, i was bang into 2 unlimited, Ace of base and Roxette,Rock your Heart, remember that fellas 1st tune, What is love!!! then further on!!! How fuc*in sad......My 1st computer memorys where my sisters Atari and Playing Astoriods with the joystick with 1 button, my cousin had a BBC computer, they was funny and my 1st computer was an Amstrad CPC 464, hahaha the good old days.

Cartoons for me was the racoons, thunderbirds, dungeons and dragons, and recreating them in the infants playground, i was always ppanther when we played Thundercats.

Also in the 90s trips with the school we went to colomendy and Llandudno!!! Quality
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:30 pm

I was born in 71 so spent most of my teenage years in the 80's so it has to be the brash, tacky, flashy 80's for me, that's the decade when I discovered flange, booze, and fags that made me into the scumbag I am today :buttrock

Oh yeah, and as far as the footiy's concerned we were demolishing EVERYONE back then :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:15 pm

drummerphil wrote:The 70,s for me but not for Afros,Disco etc........for the emergence of Queen,Led Zepp,Rainbow,Deep purple etc etc

Same era as me that Phil.Iremember all those bands not that I ever listened to them.I can remember all the long haired scruffy f.ckers,in our school who used to be into them.They would walk around in ex RAF overcoats from the army and navy stores.They would have the names of bands scrawled onto some tatty old haversack,while all us cool bast@rds had addidas or Gola sportsbags. :D  :D
84-1106852058

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:47 pm

The Red Baron wrote:.....Gola sportsbags. :D  :D

S.hit how times change!!  Were 'Gola' REALLY 'cool' in the 70's?

By 87-90 (primary school times for me, but yet having the grasp of whats 'hip' if you like!) dont know about any other areas at the time, but in mine and in school, Gola was a big No No!!  It had to be Nike or Reebok (standard ones!) at a stretch.
If you were really a top dog, you would have either trainers by 'Patrick Ewing', remember those? Or Reebok Pump!

Personally, I had a pair of Jordans (f*ck, the number of cars i had to wash to get those!!).

:D
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:09 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:.....Gola sportsbags. :D  :D

S.hit how times change!!  Were 'Gola' REALLY 'cool' in the 70's?

By 87-90 (primary school times for me, but yet having the grasp of whats 'hip' if you like!) dont know about any other areas at the time, but in mine and in school, Gola was a big No No!!  It had to be Nike or Reebok (standard ones!) at a stretch.
If you were really a top dog, you would have either trainers by 'Patrick Ewing', remember those? Or Reebok Pump!

Personally, I had a pair of Jordans (f*ck, the number of cars i had to wash to get those!!).

:D

Gola was a top name back then.I remember starting senior school and the PE kit being a white vest/Tshirt.The teacher had a right cob on when I came out of the changing room with the same shirt on as him,a Fred perry. :D
84-1106852058

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:24 am

I remember Reebok pumps. We used to see if we could get them to burst from over-inflation. My mate was trying to get his to pop, and after about 5 minutes I was that bored I just stabbed the f*cking things with a compass!!! He wasn't best pleased!!!

'80's TV:
Trap Door,
The Ewoks,
The Racoons,
H-Man,
Thunder Cats,
The Dreamstone,
Knightmare,
Button Moon,
Defenders of the Earth,
Dungeons and Dragons, etc!!!
Classic shows! Better than the rubbish on today!!!

The worst part about the '80's without going into morbid/nasty things has to be Shell Suits. F*cking bright green/blue/yellow shellsuits. All wrong!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Non Football Related Polls