Trabelsi? - Surely not...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:17 am

Skysports are reporting that talks are at an advanced stage to bring out-of-contract Tunisian right back Hatem Trabelsi to Liverpool from Ajax.

Don't know a hell of a lot about this guy apart from him being highly rated abroad, 29 years old and that he almost joined Arsenal a few seasons back.

But why a right back?  At 29 years old he is hardly an up and coming understudy for Finnan, yet I can't see him completely replacing Finnan either.  Then there's Kromkamp at the club too, does this mean the Dutchman is on his way out already?

Or is this a ploy from Benitez once again to get Sevilla to drop the Alves price.  Although it looks like Alves would be right mid for us, he's a right back by trade so could Benitez be suckering Sevilla in to thinking he's switched targets?  Normally I'd say this rumour was made up, but skysports don't usually run a story unless there's at least some truth in it.
Last edited by JC_81 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:25 am

i think he can push up right side and play CB but i will be surprised if he comes Houllier wanted him about 5 yrs ago
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby 2520years » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:39 am

I put this in the rumour thread a couple of weeks ago.  I think it must be a ploy from Rafa if it's true.  The Alves deal seems to have totally stalled, not on the price, but the date of payments.  £10.5m still seems expensive to me, but I'm told the guy is class at right back and right wing.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby red37 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:57 am

things cant surely be this desperate.. we may as well keep hold of and use occasionally the impressive antonio barragan. in this league and in this club where he apparantly has a vested interest due to being employed by it!!

come on, trabelsi was a houllier target.say no more.

if kromkamp leaves, which looks increasingly likely, as some kind of makeweight. then promote barragan. or get the fingers out and land this alves fella before its too late.  :no

anyway this has just surfaced...

Spanish outfit Real Betis have been linked with a possible move for Liverpool winger Harry Kewell.

It has been mooted for some time that Rafa is prepared to listen to offers for the player and that he could let him leave for as little as £2million once he's fit again.

Meanwhile reports today touching on our interest for Hatem Trabelsi provide us with no new information.

As reported on Sunday, Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will decide this week whether to push ahead with a deal for him. He's in the bag - like Pennant - if we want him. Right now though both players are not first choice options.

Thankfully the Daniel Alves saga is now drawing to an end so everyone caught up in it should soon discover the outcome.

and thank the lord for it!
Last edited by red37 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby clik » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:02 pm

red37 wrote:things cant surely be this desperate.. we may as well keep hold of and use occasionally the impressive antonio barragan. in this league and in this club where he apparantly has a vested interest due to being employed by it!!

come on, trabelsi was a houllier target.say no more.

if kromkamp leaves, which looks increasingly likely, as some kind of makeweight. then promote barragan. or get the fingers out and land this alves fella before its too late.  :no

:bowdown my thoughts exactly red37, im sure it wont happen thou
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby kobashi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:50 pm

it doesn't matter what rafa tries, Sevilla are not gonna lower the price and why should they?

Remember Sevilla do not need to sell Alves.  they would rather he stays so if LFC don't match the valuation he isn't going anywhere.
kobashi

Postby DonnieDarko » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:02 pm

Come on guys. Trabelsi isn't that bad although based on age i wouldn't want him at pool.  he looked class for Tunisia when i watched them.
DonnieDarko

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:43 pm

kobashi wrote:it doesn't matter what rafa tries, Sevilla are not gonna lower the price and why should they?

Remember Sevilla do not need to sell Alves.  they would rather he stays so if LFC don't match the valuation he isn't going anywhere.

I think rafa is hoping that alves will pressure sevilla into letting him leave for a lower price
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 am

kobashi wrote:it doesn't matter what rafa tries, Sevilla are not gonna lower the price and why should they?

Because they're a p*ss-pot club with no chance of hitting the heights of Liverpool FC.

As I said before - these sh*tty little teams need to realise who's boss, and stop restricting their players' chances of bettering themselves.

Seville. Dictating the price over Liverpool.
Trumped-up little farts.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill