Horseface - Thomo's suspicions

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 09, 2006 8:15 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Ìf it's true that one of the reasons he has fallen foul of Ferguson i.e. because he has a Roy Keane work ethic and hates the poncing around of Ronaldo...

That's the rumour...a training ground bust-up with "Chrissy" this past week (after one this January).  He's meant to have told Ronaldo that his mincing has cost the team (i.e. Van Horseface) goals because he gets caught in possession too much.  He's then supposed to have told Ronaldo to go whine to "Daddy", aka Quieroz...a touchy subject since Ronaldo lost his real father in September! 

Don't know about all of that, TBH, but one thing's for sure: he's off.  When has Sir Alex ever kept a player after a falling out?

Personally, I'd take him, (even though I understand where you're coming from Ace)...the guy has a stirling goalscoring pedigree in England (which makes the Nando comparison daft, redsince2001) and now he has a point to prove to Slur Alex.  Perfect!

(Of course, Man U will never sell him to us and he'll be playing his football in Spain soon enough, I reckon...but it's fun to imagine!)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Tue May 09, 2006 9:04 pm

Cant see him coming here, dont want him here, hes scum now and ive never rated him as highly as some do
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 10, 2006 4:18 am

I think it's time he became a tube of "Bond-it" superglue.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 10, 2006 4:20 am

peewee wrote:there is actually a picture of him leaving old trafford

:wwww  :wwww  :wwww  :wwww  :wwww

I know it's a cliche, but I couldn't help biut p*ss my pants a little bit looking at that!!!!!

Funny as funk!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed May 10, 2006 4:29 am

I dont think van Nistelrooy is coming to Anfield.

Fergie hasnt even hit him with a boot yet.

:wwww
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Wed May 10, 2006 6:44 am

Putting heart aside and thinking with the head....

He's been directly responsible for 27 Man U goals this season ie 23 goals plus 4 assists (that's over 1/3 of all Man U's premier league goals this season), he's pretty productive when he's on the pitch with a shot on target every 50mins, the 3rd best record in the league behind Henry and Defoe and a goal every 153 mins (6th in the league behind Owen, Fowler, Henry, Cisse, and Crespo).

The trouble is, working out how he'd complement what we've already got...

I'd rather have a fit and committed Robbie Fowler if we're talking clinical finishers and if we're talking counter attacking football then Cisse's pace sways my vote in the frenchman's favour. 

Holding the ball up and link play at the moment is the job of Nando and PC and maybe it's here that Ruud would be an improvement.  He's got a better handle on attacking the ball to win headers than PC but an in form Nando would probably get my vote as the best header of the ball out of the three of them.  PC has won many admirers for his inteligent play this season but I think that both Nando and Ruud can match him in this department and perhaps even Nando has shown more willingness to track back and tackle this season than the Dutchman. For pure predatory instincts I think I'd rank them in the order of Ruud, Nando and then PC though this is based more upon pedigree that current form I'll admit. Because of Crouch's 'uniqueness' it would really be Nando that is the best choice to make way for Van Nistelroy but I'm not sure that Rafa would rate Ruud as much better than him to be honest.

So although Ruud at first glance may look like the answer we're looking for I'm not sure that he would bring a significant improvement to the team for 10 million quid or whether he could play alongs side sworn enemies like Gerrard and Fowler.

I think Rafa will spend his money elsewhere and won't be too interested somehow...
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed May 10, 2006 9:10 am

He's a good player but it will never happen, he's approx 30 years old now and Benitez would be looking for a young striker if any, also Rafa would never pay £10m+ for someone of his age, if he was going to spend on a striker it would be to bring Owen back imo.
Last edited by Paul C on Wed May 10, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:31 am

As sad as it is to admit it. Horseface would be a great acquisition. However, due to his tenure in scum land. Horseface should be tied to a stake and continually beaten for 7 days. That cleansing should be a sufficient?

Opinions? Is 7 days enough?
PCG77

Postby simic_ie » Wed May 10, 2006 11:50 am

I'd take him in a hearbeat. Although £10m is too much for him. I don't care if he plays/played for United, if he was willing to come here and score the goals to bring us back the League then I'd gladly take him in.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 73-1141222089 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:06 pm

I pray that this never happens........ We're liverpool.... The ends never justifies the means...... HATE the cheating scuzz bucket.....

BTW.... (before anyone points out that Little Luis does similar things)...... I was damn ashamed to say the LGarcia was a liverpool player after his antics in the West Ham game....... The poor lad he got sent off with his dramatics will miss an opportunity he is unlikely to ever get again....

Once again, we are LIVERPOOL....... Professional, passionate, driven...... no actors or cheaters please.!!!!!
73-1141222089

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:10 pm

The same Luis Garcia who saved our rear ends time after time during last years Champions League. With out Garcia we would still be sitting on 4 champions league trophies.
PCG77

Postby 73-1141222089 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:29 pm

PCG77 wrote:The same Luis Garcia who saved our rear ends time after time during last years Champions League. With out Garcia we would still be sitting on 4 champions league trophies.

I'm not saying he's not good and don't get me wrong..... I'm a fan of his football........ but to behave the way he did is just not on....

Like I said....... The ends DO NOT justify the means...... leave that kind of mentality to the Chelski's and Mourinho's of the world..... When these kind of scum defend their players for cheating, we're always the 1st to bay for blood and say that we need to clean up the game.....

However, when the shoe's on the other foot, we change our tunes? ?????

Just not on mate...
Last edited by 73-1141222089 on Fri May 12, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73-1141222089

Postby kopite_1232002 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:51 pm

i dnt see why people dnt want him, proven prem goal scorer. which lpool needs, iv it wasnt for the barren spell infront of goal this season we would ov been way up on chelski, doesnt matter iv he played for the scum, iv he puts the red shift on he is one of us, and that will hurt the manks, but i cant see it happenin, more a chance ov owen
kopite_1232002

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill