Zenden to real sociedad next season

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:43 pm

A guy who says that has first hand info, says Bolo Zenden will eventually end up in Real Sociedad next season.

I write this post for the sake of remembering the rumour , in case it's bóllocks

It's true that Zenden has difficult to play in Liverpool due to Kewell and Gonzalez, but Zenden's wages are far away from the possibilities of Real Sociedad.

i.e, I don't give a to$$ about the rumour, but I'd be happy to have him, as he's far better than what we have at home.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:54 pm

It makes sense. With Gonzales likely to come this to Liverpool, it will mean we have quite a few left wingers, and the weak link must be Bolo. That's no slight to him, but with Garcia, Riise, Kewell and Gonzales, he's not going to get many chances. With a pre-existing relationship between Liverpool and Sociedad (Alonso and Gonzales) they would have many more oppertunities to speak to each other and Zenden's style and abilities would, imho, suit Sociedad (though Sabre's opinion is worth more than mine here). He's played in Spain before, knows the language and culture and he's got a lot of good experience. I can certainly see it happening.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Why would we want to get rid of Zenden? He's a very decent squad player, and will serve us well when he's fit again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:05 pm

Does anybody know what's Zenden wages more or less?
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:20 pm

We got him on a free Sabre, so i would imagine there atleast 25 to 30 grand a week . That's just a guess mate ,but they'll be around that figure i should imagine.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:38 pm

Sabre wrote:Does anybody know what's Zenden wages more or less?

40 grand a week or there abouts, which is about normal considering we didn't pay a transfer fee for him. he left boro over wage demands in the first place.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:44 pm

stmichael wrote:Why would we want to get rid of Zenden? He's a very decent squad player, and will serve us well when he's fit again.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but we won't need him if we get Gonzales. I can't see Rafa picking him over kewell, Riise, Garcia or Gonzales. And there's Warnock to accomodate and nurture as well. If it's true that we're getting in a new Argentinian midfielder then Bolo's other possition is more than catered for with Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko and Hamann (if he's still around). I just can't see him lasting the summer.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:12 pm

Hey the guy that has written the rumour, is really cocky. Mind you he has told me "no matter how sceptical you are, but the deal is done. Benitez has told Zenden either to go to another club or play in the reserve teams. And Zenden does not earn 40000 pounds a week whatsoever, it's much less than that". (that's 40 grands isn't it?)

Can anyone confirm me he's bluffing? the bast seems to be sure!!
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:18 pm

Haven't heard anything at this end Sabre, but I am prepared to believe this cocky mate of yours. I can't believe that his wages are £40 grand, I'd guess at around £25,000.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:33 pm

Sabre wrote:Benitez has told Zenden either to go to another club or play in the reserve teams.

Rafa should spend a bit more time here. if Zenden is on 40 grand a week, that's two million quid a year I could have saved him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Tue May 02, 2006 12:08 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:
stmichael wrote:Why would we want to get rid of Zenden? He's a very decent squad player, and will serve us well when he's fit again.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but we won't need him if we get Gonzales. I can't see Rafa picking him over kewell, Riise, Garcia or Gonzales. And there's Warnock to accomodate and nurture as well. If it's true that we're getting in a new Argentinian midfielder then Bolo's other possition is more than catered for with Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko and Hamann (if he's still around). I just can't see him lasting the summer.

yeah i agree we wont need him
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill