60odd mill to invest is gh the right man

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Sun May 16, 2004 4:04 pm

If this was your money and u were investing it in Liverpool would u keep GH or bring in someone else

Well personaly looking at past signings and money spent, I'd get someone else

Just remember sugar daddies dont come round every season.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 16, 2004 5:02 pm

well, GH has been given one last season by the board.  To be fair (most people haven't) we had a lot of injuries last season and you have to ask, if Arsenal or Man utd had Henry or Van horse out for 3 months, where would they have finished?  I still think Arsenal would have won the title, but would Man utd be 2nd?  i doubt it, more like 4-6th!

Cisse is a proven striker and at least GH has accepted that Heskey and Diouf have to go.  Another bonus is the fact the board/coaching staff have accepted the forigen imports from 2 seasons ago have underperformed (to put it mild!), so at least they have identified the problems and aim to solve them this summer.  If we win nothing next season and finish 4-5th  then, only then will i agree and say GH must go.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun May 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Arsenal are the only team to keep a fully fit side this season. Man Utd and Liverpool have both been very unlucky, Newcastle have lost key players just when it mattered. I think if things had been different Arsenal might not be undefeated.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby macca7 » Sun May 16, 2004 5:43 pm

Yesterday on eurosport.com they were quoting Houllier saying that Emile Heskey had played his last game for the club.
i did not see this story anywhere else.
Anyone heard something re: heskey?
macca7

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 16, 2004 5:50 pm

rumour is that a deal is done with B''ham,,,not sure how much we will get thou
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun May 16, 2004 5:52 pm

GH knows that the board and fans won't put up with the sort of unseasoned signings that have littered his transfer record. If big money is to be spent, we need proven quality that will walk into the team. If he wants to mess around in the European leagues courting all of these players who are "the next..." someone or other, he can't justify spending more than £4m per player or he'll get slaughtered.

We all know that our problems are in the centre of defence, the centre and right side of midfield, and up front with Owen. He needs to address these areas with top quality signings, and then if there's money left he can fart about buying reserve team fodder all he likes.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 16, 2004 5:55 pm

we do need to sign some established talent.  Personally i would like to see Hargreves play on the right....
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby macca7 » Sun May 16, 2004 5:57 pm

So, will michael owen sign during the summer?
macca7

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 16, 2004 6:01 pm

if he don't we will sell him and get 15-20 million.  I think he will sign a 2yr contract with some sort of Euro buyout clause,
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Mon May 17, 2004 4:35 am

7_Kewell wrote:well, GH has been given one last season by the board.  To be fair (most people haven't) we had a lot of injuries last season

Patient man... :;):

Arsenal are the only team to keep a fully fit side this season.

Training methods ? Remember Arsenal have a smaller squard compared to most others.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Redtribe » Mon May 17, 2004 10:45 am

No training methods  can stop two broken legs though lol!!!!!!!!

Its good to see Stevie has not suffered with injury this year!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion