Where are we going to finish ? - Where do you think ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Where are we going to finish ? - Where do you think ?

2nd
26%
3rd
60%
4th
12%
5th
1%
6th
No votes
7th
1%

Total votes : 85

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:42 pm

dawson99 wrote:
winboy72 wrote:my onist appinuan i think we will finsh 3rd
I think this was supposed to say My honest opinion, I think we will finish 3rd.

that's not text speech, that is just poor grammer  :eyebrow

by my reckoning, dawson took 4 hours to correctly spell that sentence he wrote !

you must be very proud dawson  :D   :D   :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:52 pm

NB. we've scored 5 goals in the last 10 games (in all competitions)

If we only score 5 goals in the next 10 we'll have lost 3rd AND 4th place...

whatever the problems between rafa and cissy... sod 'em. -
goals win games not good or bad attitudes - start cisse alongside fowler, crouch on as sub - we must play attacking football, take our game to them. no more 451, no more crouch lone striker and no more moro!!

-garcia has scored 2 of those 5 goals. start him on the right, kewell on the left, gerrard and Hamann-or-alonso in the middle
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1140560321 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:02 pm

if LFC can recoup the form before the WCC championship games, winning 9 or 10 in a row, then they can finish second, as Man Utd have harder games than us.

if we play like we have for the last 13 games or with 8 goals, we may slip out of the top 4. Losing to Arsenal was a blow, as they are chasing one of the places.

I think we have a 5 or 6 point gap on tottenham, if we botch this up as well heads should roll.it was not so long ago we had two games in hand for 2nd place

its all up to the boys, which LFC is gonna turn up.? ???
65-1140560321

Postby HantsRed » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:09 pm

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:if LFC can recoup the form before the WCC championship games, winning 9 or 10 in a row, then they can finish second,

So LFC are they !!
I thought we
were LFC???

I think you slipped up there.

Anyway I note you don't give your opinion on where we will finish. Let me guess!!!

Go on, say something positive about Liverpool.

I dare you.
HantsRed

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:23 pm

Robbie to come good & finishing 3rd a couple of points behind Man U, all decided on the last game of season. Hope I've got it the wrong way round, but it's just the way I feel it will pan out.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby 65-1140560321 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:30 pm

HantsRed wrote:Go on, say something positive about Liverpool.

I dare you.

Rafa ...I love you.   :love:  :love:
65-1140560321

Postby Alanay » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:49 am

Is it because we are playing too many games already (in all championships) ?
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:41 pm

I think 3rd,

Arsenal drop too many points spurs the same, the team to watch coming through is that strong Bolton Outfit. The game against them will have a huge impact on our finish i think but 3rd is ours after a good improvement on last season.

:D :p
Flashard

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:49 pm

3rd definately. Arsenal will lose a couple of games at least. They have the cl remember and they are very similar to us in squad depth last season. Spurs will come fourth.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:10 pm

Cant see anything other than 3rd, we have got rid of the bad fixtures now and have a decent cushion of about 8 points of Arsenal.
We lost at the weekend but so did Spurs so no real ground lost there.
Bolton might have games in hand but they wont win them all.
United look in ok form and probably wont drop enough points to relinquish 2nd, but us getting 2nd is more likely than dropping out of teh champions league places imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:19 pm

3rd is loking more likely now, but we still have to believe we can get 2nd.  United have a decent cushion, but their run-in is tougher than ours and they'll definitely be dropping points.

Benitez needs to make sure the team believe they can get 2nd so that they are looking above them rather than below, because thats when panic might set in (and our confidence and energy levels are low at the moment).  The Fulham game is massive for us I think.  A bad result there and the teams below us will think we're there for the taking in terms of a champions league spot.  We don't want to give them that belief.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:33 pm

I honestly think we will get 2nd cant see us dropping points apart from ncastle away

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:34 pm

john craig wrote:3rd is loking more likely now, but we still have to believe we can get 2nd.  United have a decent cushion, but their run-in is tougher than ours and they'll definitely be dropping points.

Benitez needs to make sure the team believe they can get 2nd so that they are looking above them rather than below, because thats when panic might set in (and our confidence and energy levels are low at the moment).  The Fulham game is massive for us I think.  A bad result there and the teams below us will think we're there for the taking in terms of a champions league spot.  We don't want to give them that belief.

Spot on mate, if we can pick up a decent result, and perhaps more importantly put in a good performance then it should lift the players.
They have looked tired in the last couple of games, and playing Arsenal who have become the pass masters of recent times, wont have helped.
But if we can actually manage to win this game (which we should) and by a couple of goals, then i think some of the confidence will return.
There's not long to go in the season now, and a positive result could really get us back on track.No f'ckin with the team selection Rafa, and no passengers for the rest of the season please.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1140560321 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:17 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:This season = 4th.

Next season with new additions to the team = 2nd.

But depends who the new additions are!

SOme world class players rafa?
65-1140560321

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:29 am

I still think, with results going our way elsewhere, 2nd is still doable. Look at ours and Man U's fixture lists. I think they'll drop points against Bolton, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. We need to finish unbeaten now and put the pressure on. These are the sort of situations that we've f**ked up in recent years, but thankfully this season we aren't talking about the difference between 5th and 4th.

Us

A Newcastle United
H Everton
A West Brom
H Bolton Wanderers
A Blackburn Rovers
A West Ham United
H Aston Villa
A Portsmouth

Man U

A West Brom
H Birmingham