Wembley dropped for fa cup final - Stadium not ready

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:27 am

"This year's FA Cup final has been switched to Cardiff, the company building the new Wembley stadium says.
Multiplex, which had on Monday denied it had confirmed the stadium would not be ready, made the claim in a statement to the Australian stock exchange. "

Oh well, looks like the Wembely rebuild will be causing problems right to its bitter end.  I have been astonished at how much a mess this whole rebuild has been.  It took years to get the whole thing off the ground....the final game was played in 2000 but they didn't start work on taking the old ground down until 2002!  So much money wasted!

Total mess from start to finish.....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:29 am

Pity.....i was looking forward to us christening the new ground in the Cup final. :(
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:46 am

What annoys me about the new wembley, it is going to have a capacity of only 90,000. for a national stadium this is p'iss poor, even castle grey skull will hold 75,000 next season. For the money they have spent it should be at least 120,000. Total waste of money. :veryangry
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby darwisigila » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:24 am

i think moanrinho will frustated if wembley cannot stage FA final this year...coz he said before he want his play there and if he win, he can boast another record..........first team to win fa cup at the new wembley.

i wish we can reach final and play there coz their environment and atmostphere is so special. whatever the veneu, we will win it...
darwisigila

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:04 pm

I thought for one minute that the FA Cup final would be held at Wembley. I wanted it to be held in Cardiff because I believe we can win the cup this year and I wanted us to leave Cardiff on a good note not losing to Chelski 3-2 aet.

So we will leave Cardiff with the cup on a good note and then beat Chelski in the Community Shield and be the first team to win at Wembley anyway :cool:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:27 pm

Shouldnt have  let us Aussies near it, you know we are only good for pulling beer over in the motherland :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:31 pm

Apparently the FA won't incur costs though cos they signed a fixed fee contract. The contractors have to foot the costs of any delays
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Apparently the FA won't incur costs though cos they signed a fixed fee contract. The contractors have to foot the costs of any delays

the contractors will be fined 1 million pounds per week over its deadline.......looks like the FA will be earning some money over the summer!  :D
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:28 pm

My dad does some work on it, and he told me yesterday he's known for months it wouldnt be ready. Could of told me, i could have had a bet on it.
columbia

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:05 pm

Why does everything in Britain take twice as long and cost four times as much to build as other nations like America, Germany, Australia and Japan?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby winboy72 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:02 pm

they spent all that money and still cant coplet job on time i don,t no hwo we go to be ready for 2012 olypics if they build god help if they do
winboy72

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:27 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Why does everything in Britain take twice as long and cost four times as much to build as other nations like America, Germany, Australia and Japan?

Probably 'cos the powers that be in this country couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!!
The whole setup of the new wembley stinks to me. I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick but aren't there only going to be about 20-25 thousand tickets for the cup finals available to the proper fans and the rest of the tickets are for the prawn sandwich brigade who've bought these 10 year tickets. That to me is gonna kill the atmosphere at the cup finals.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sonyadudley » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:38 pm

wonder if it will be ready for the 2007 Cup final  :laugh:
sonyadudley

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:54 am

they spent all that money and still cant coplet job on time i don,t no hwo we go to be ready for 2012 olypics if they build god help if they do

The biggest problem for the 2012 Olympics is not so much the stadiums and arenas, but rather that they aren't developing the 12, 13 and 14 year olds who will be the UK's athletes in those games.

The same applies for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games. In Torino, the British team won a grand total of only one silver medal. Where are the swimming and diving pools, gymnastics centres, ice rinks, track and field facilities, and sports fields? Where the state of the art facilities and academies with hi-tech equipment? In schools, they don't even encourage competiveness in sport and besides the coaching philiosophies, facilities and equipment are antiquated.

You can't win Olympic medals if you don't fund the facilities and coaches needed to train world-class competitors.

Sporting development in this country is poor.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion