Few thoughts - After reading posts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:42 pm

A few thoughts Id like to share with you all.

1.  There is a striker problem but I feel its getting blown out of proportion a bit.  We are still winning games albeit we havent got a proific striker to win more and to secure the safety net goals in a game but the team is happy and functioning well.  The midfield is very strong and does support well with he teamwork of the strikers.

Personally I think Cisse will go and GOD will stay a he is the poacher we need but still new to the team even though he is a legend.  Im sure Rafa wants more goals up front but is more concerned with the team as a whole but expect some movement in the summer.

2.  Remember the mess we were in when Rafa arrived compared to now.  Ok the CL raised expectations and apart from Benfica last week weve lived up to it so far by strongly qualifying from our group. Look at the strength of the squad now and the standard of our bench.

With this expectation we have to be realistic looking at our competitors who were to be honest way ahead of us last seson, now we are in most of the countries opinion the main challengers.  Chelsea are ahead but we are slowly closing the gap.

3.  Rafa will always be linked with Madrid.  Unless we are playing badly so we have to live with this gracefully.  He will probably return one day after achieving his goals here or alternatively might see us as his main love.  But I for one am flattered by their speculation the FOOLS.

4.  The midfield.  ENOUGH SAID.

Lastly, I am optimistic by nature but not blindly so.  We hav not not the resources for instant success but we are going to be main challengers for the next few seasons and I strongly believe this
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:49 pm

finally a glass half full thread lol

i gotta say i do agree with taff but will also spread my doom and gloom. its as simple as this. we need someone who can score goals, but we also need the mentality to create more. We shouldnt put so much pressure on the defense (no matter how genius they are) but compared to a few years ago we have come on leaps and bounds
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:17 pm

taff wrote:A few thoughts Id like to share with you all.

1.  There is a striker problem but I feel its getting blown out of proportion a bit.  We are still winning games albeit we havent got a proific striker to win more and to secure the safety net goals in a game but the team is happy and functioning well.  The midfield is very strong and does support well with he teamwork of the strikers.

Personally I think Cisse will go and GOD will stay a he is the poacher we need but still new to the team even though he is a legend.  Im sure Rafa wants more goals up front but is more concerned with the team as a whole but expect some movement in the summer.

2.  Remember the mess we were in when Rafa arrived compared to now.  Ok the CL raised expectations and apart from Benfica last week weve lived up to it so far by strongly qualifying from our group. Look at the strength of the squad now and the standard of our bench.

With this expectation we have to be realistic looking at our competitors who were to be honest way ahead of us last seson, now we are in most of the countries opinion the main challengers.  Chelsea are ahead but we are slowly closing the gap.

3.  Rafa will always be linked with Madrid.  Unless we are playing badly so we have to live with this gracefully.  He will probably return one day after achieving his goals here or alternatively might see us as his main love.  But I for one am flattered by their speculation the FOOLS.

4.  The midfield.  ENOUGH SAID.

Lastly, I am optimistic by nature but not blindly so.  We hav not not the resources for instant success but we are going to be main challengers for the next few seasons and I strongly believe this

good post taff

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:13 pm

taff wrote:Rafa will always be linked with Madrid.   He will probably return one day after achieving his goals here

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh: . Considering the current threads I have to ask Taff if that pun was intended ?    :D

You rock, yer big Ape   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:15 pm

almost as funny as your's the other day woof.

"i think some fans are getting carried away with harry kewell"

ah the irony :D
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:49 pm

stmichael wrote:almost as funny as your's the other day woof.

"i think some fans are getting carried away with harry kewell"

ah the irony :D

:laugh:
You still listening to Alanis Morrisette St Mick ?   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
taff wrote:Rafa will always be linked with Madrid.   He will probably return one day after achieving his goals here

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh: . Considering the current threads I have to ask Taff if that pun was intended ?    :D

You rock, yer big Ape   :D

Im afraid it was accidental

But if we get a prolifc striker then watch out.  That person could even be at the club now!!!!!!
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion