Fulham v spurs. - Went last night.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:41 am

Just a quick Micky scouting report if anyone's interested. Got a call last night about 6.30, area mgr from work had a couple of freebie tickets and did I fancy it? So needless to say I bobbed along.

Best player on the pitch was Tom Huddlestone who came on as sub in the first half for Spurs. Big imposing young fella with a lovely deft touch on the ball and has that uncanny knack of always having time amidst the melee. I'd seen him a couple of times for Wolves where he went on loan and didn't notice him too much but you certainly noticed him last night. If he continues to develop this lad has a big big future IMHO.
For Fulham, Bridge looked very tidy as you would expect. They are not really a very good team and rely on their respectable home form to keep them up each season and Bridge looked instantly their best player last night. He retains all his ability and will make a good signing for somebody at the end of the season. My hunch is that he will replace Cole (who will go to Madrid) at Arsenal.
Boa Morte (who I think is a decent player) had a poor night and seemed to want to start a running battle with everybody all the time. I don't think he'd cut it at a big club.
Defoe was inexplicably kept on the bench until the 70th minute as Spurs persisted with Raziak, who was so bad it was quite funny really. Unbelieveable how this fella gets a game a in the Prem. On arrival Defoe was greeted like a God by the Spurs fans and did look sharp TBF. Having said that I can see where Jol is coming from in that he prefers him to play with a big fella uptop. Close up Defoe is tiny and needs a specific type of service to be effective. He did get off one snapshot and was fouled just outside the box near the end which wasn't given. I like him and still think he'd make a good player for us.
Robbie Keanne was lively without being penatrative while Ledley King was as solid as a rock as usual. Overall a 0-0 would have been about right but I was quite happy to see the header go in at the end.

Conclusion- Huddlestone. Remember the name.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:48 pm

i watched the game Mick on an internet link,overall i thought it was a disappointing game but i agree about Tom Huddlestone he impressed me when i saw him for the England youth and u19 teams.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:01 pm

The spurs fans went mad for a peno when Jenas went in the right. It looked like a good tackle from where I was though. I did think it was a foul though when Defoe was put in one on one by a big punt upfield at the end. Overall, it's the kind of game any team with serious pretensions has to win. It was a really bad day when we got beat there.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion