Fowler

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:17 am

Fowler is starting to score goals again and I was happy to see him go past the 150 Goal mark.

Its a shame he didn't get more media coverage.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:22 am

The streets around Craven Cottage, home of Fulham FC  were flooded on September 22nd 1993 and if you just happened to be a fan Of Liverpoool FC life wasn't at it's greatest. But whilst we walked through the sun under not so golden skys we didn't know we were about to witness a happening of biblical proportions. Or put it another way, Robbie Fowler made his debut. I dare say Fulham had no idea who he was but within a fortnight they knew his name. He scored on his debut, got 5 in the return leg, would bag an hatrick later in the season , break his leg and comeback to score the winning goal in the last ever "derby" to be played before the old Kop; quite a first season in the big time !

We would come to know him as "God" and this son of Toxteth, once a blue but definitely a Red was heaven sent. Suddenly you wanted to be there when Fowler played for Liverpool. He could be good, he could be great, he could be totally outrageous or he could be downright ****** but you always wanted to be there because you never knew what he could conjure up when all seemed lost.

They do say that Steve Staunton is still trying to undo himself after being turned inside out by Robbie in that game against Villa in 1996. A FOUR minute hatrick aginst Arsenal, goals against the Mancs that had the Red Nosed Rudolph fuming for months, goals against the Bluesnoses that had them wishing they;d kept their mouths shut, we saw great goals, sly goals and simple goals, we got the lot when we had Robbie Fowler.

I once read that Robbie Fowler epitomised Scouse and that might be right but whatever your opinions about his departure you surely have to admit he took a little bit of Liverpool with him. The unpredictable magic, the Scally and a fair sized chunk of the "Scouse Heart" as well. I will always love watching Liverpool but I have to admit I loved it a little bit more when we had God with us !

Robbie Fowler would have been more of a legend in the old days;he's have broken all scoring records and won more medals than he could have dreamed of. He'd have loved the football played by the team in the 70's and 80's, loved the social side as well, not to mention the chips on the way home from away games!

Legends are born, not made. In 10 years time as we watch a team of robots play the game we might yearn for the Toxteth Terror and the days when we had God on our side.
:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion