Owen - Contract

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Roma 84 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:00 pm

Is there any chance of seeing Micheal Owen in red shirt again. I think he would have been one of the final peices in rafas jicksaw, a proven goalscorer is all we need, someone clever that could play off crouch/morientes. Cisse seems to just run around in circles playing his own game.
I personally think we could have dug a lot deeper to bring owen home, imo i dont blame him for taking his chance to go to sunny spain to the biggest club in the world, you dont get too many chances like that in a life time. Who in their right mind would have thought rafa was going to win the cl in his first season. Im sure owen thought he'd be sitting around for another long transition period.
I think rafa and the board should have gone all out to sign micheal, and offload cisse or someone at some stage over the coming season to fund the deal.
Has Owen got a clause in his contract to allow him leave if Newcastle have a sh*t season??
Roma 84

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:04 pm

cant we move on from this? IF one day he returns, so be it. for now he plies his trade elsewhere, and while i respect his memory. the lack of his ilk at our club aside, its time to look forward roma. let bygones be just that.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:14 pm

done to death
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion