Just wondering...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:08 pm

[quote]He'd be great. But if he come back he'd have to be part of a squad. As great as he is and as much as i want the lad back he would have to come back on our terms.

Still, to be perfectly honest, i don't care if we do or don't if the team keeps playing like this. Fantastic stuff at the moment. We look so strong especially in the centre of midfield with those two... the completely bossed that game today and i reckon they could do it against anyone they're that good.

stu I agree with that . It is the style of play that i am loving we don't look like losing the games we were prone to like today.

And on owen the lad is pure class but looked gutted at getting booed or just realising what he has left behind

cisse has got a first touch for xmas or was it just me:D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:34 am

The_Rock wrote:
Lil_Livi wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:
mighty mo wrote:why have you created "TWO" threads exactly the same on this topic ???

It was obviously a mistake, he's probably double clicked.

:veryangry
Yeah I did make a mistake, and 'he' is a she!!

so...How u doing ?  :eyebrow

:bowdown  :bowdown  :D ..........bet youll sh!t yourself if she is only 15 or so  :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:56 am

Lets facea few realties here......

1.Rafa Benitez does NOT want Michael Owen. I hear Freddie "All  Geordie women are slags" Shephered isn't right too many times but he is spot on with his comments in the press if a little poor on timing and delivery but Freddie was never the worlds best footballing diplomat :D

2. MO is nowhere near the best striker in the world at present and isn't likely to recapture his form in a  poor Newcastle side managed by a vastly over rated manger ??? Henry , Shevchenko, Crespo, Ronaldhinio,  etc..... are streets ahead at present....

3. MO has made a decision to join Newcastle because it's a world cup year .....end of. Given the choice to rot in the reserves at Real Madrid or join Newcastle and keep himself in the world cup window wasn't the most difficult decision Michael's had to make but it was a naive one based on fear of not being selected for England. If he had held his nerve and refused to join Newcastle then maybe just maybe LFC would have re-signed him but not at double the price. For once I believe the LFC board made a financially sound decision. Does that mean I'm not sorry he went to Newcastle ? Well yes sort of but as they as Newcastle are not a  challenger to honours LFC are competing for then it's probably the best outcome.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:27 am

never
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:31 am

I don't want him back. I think he has treated Liverpool FC like :censored: by going to Real Madrid at that time to win some trophies and then when he chose to go to Newcastle. He has also treated Newcastle like :censored: by signing that contract that lets him go if Newcastle doesn't perform well enough. It's one thing to add to the contract that if Newcastle goes out of the EPL then he can go but not like this. If he comes back it will take years for me to treat him like a true Liverpooler.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:47 am

Hi kukilon , I suspect your words are genuine but if he did return and started banging the goals in you would soon forget.

Rushie did the same going to Juventus  and no one thought less of him on his return.

Anyway i can't see us taking him back as it's patently obvious Rafa doesn't want him ............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Soul » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:48 am

I don't think we'll sign Lil Mickey at any point in the future, nor do I think we'll suffer from it.

Yes, he was a good ambassador for the club and got us out of plenty of tight spots with his undoubted goalscoring ability. But let's not forget that his stalling over a new contract and eventual decision to leave meant we had to sell off one of the most high-profile strikers in the world (at the time) for under £10 million, whereas at some points the press were estimating his market value at around 3 times that amount.

The way Rafa has set the team up means that a pure goalscoring striker is not as important as it was under GH. I mean, look at Newcastle today - their lineup contained perhaps the two greatest England forwards of recent years, Owen and Shearer... and they accomplished nothing.

Now, Owen is very big on advancing his own career. I'm not going to slate him for this, as every one of us would be tempted to move to a different employer when enticed with the prospect of more money and prestige. But if he came back to Liverpool, he'd be nothing more than another of Rafa's many options. He wouldn't be the first name on the sheet, and he wouldn't be the focal point of all the team's play. He also wouldn't be guaranteed a game every week. I'm not sure this situation is compatible with his career plans and England aspirations.

We've gone from strength to strength since Mickey's departure, and while we've been collecting silverware he's been collecting splinters on the Madrid bench. To me, he's not a player to be singled out for abuse, considering everything he helped us accomplish, but he's also not a player I'll dream about seeing in a Liverpool shirt once more. He's just one of the opposition, and should be treated as such.
Red Soul

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:53 am

Again I agree with some of the sentiment Red Soul but your telling just HALF the story here mate.

You conveniently forget that it was Michael owen's GOALS before he left that got us into 4th place the season before last which enabled us to qualify for the Champions league which we went on to win.

I agree with you that we are a much better TEAM without him but is that because we have a better manager at the helm rather than because Michael isn't here ?

I have a season ticket on the KOP but wasn't there today. i'd be interested to hear what kind of reaction he got from the KOP today ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion