The ballon d'or - Sorry if it's already being discussed

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:55 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Garymac wrote:So did anyone think Tiago or Benni Mcarthy or Jorge Costa or Carlos Alberto deserved the award last year??? They won the final 3 nil remember

Dont get me wrong JC has been unreal for the past 18 months but theres no way he would get recognised for an award like this, admitedly a shame but were talking about whos gonna win it and there is only Ronaldinho for me

Didnt Tiago come from Benfica mate ? :p

But you are dead right about the award, Carragher will not get the recognition he deserves outside of Merseyside let alone Europe.

Ronaldinho will p@ss the award.

you got me there Ace, i meant Maniche  :blush:

But just look at Ronaldinhos 2 goals last week against a team they call Los Galacticos i think, he made them look like muppets, and he regularly makes teams look like muppets, hell he even made cech look like one last season.

He deserves it for me because in my opinion hes the best footballer on the planet at the moment.

What scares me is that we could be saying the same thing about Rooney in a few years.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Huck » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:24 pm

Unfortunately I was at Bernabeu last week and, being a Real Madrid supporter; I must say I could see the present best footballer playing....I was sitting on the fifth row of seats and during the 1st half I saw him very close...he´s simply unstoppable, I could even see the face of the defenders showing their inability to stop him....having said this (and its been a huge effort believe me :;):  ) yes, he definitely deserves the award.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby stoney » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:37 pm

1. Ronaldinho
2. fat Frank  :angry:  :veryangry
3. Gerrard

Fat frank should not have been 2nd
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:58 pm

ronaldinho totally deserves this accolade,he is head and shoulders above anybody in football today.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:08 am

stoney wrote:1. Ronaldinho
3. Gerrard

I appreciate your anger at Fat Frank getting 2nd Stoney but in the interests of fairness I don't think Gerrard has been good enough in the last 12 months to get 3rd !

Ironically the year before he was awesome but anyone with half an ounce of sense and decent eyesight could tell you that at Liverpool there was  one player head and shoulders above the rest and his name is Carragher   :buttrock

Getting back to the awards tonight for me Shevchenko, Kaka, Henry (4th) and Robinho were all better than Stevie G over the last year.......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:33 am

stoney wrote:1. Ronaldinho
3. Gerrard

I dislike the guy as much as most, but to be fair to the lad he had, and is having, a bloody good season.

My honest opinion on the situation is that he's not even in the same category as Gerrard when it comes to natural talent, but you can tell he's a damn hard worker and that appears to be paying dividends on the field.

Gerrard, and Rooney for instance, have huge natural ability. Lampard and Carragher obviously have natural ability but need a big work ethic to get them anywhere near the same level.

Lampard is still a poor mans Gerrard, but over the last 18 months he's surprised me with the level of his play, and more so, his consistency.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:17 pm

SG finishing above Henry is ridiculous and shows the awards are a nonesense. Our captain (who said we'd no chance of winning the CL) wasn't even the best scouser in the team.

Ronaldinho is head and shoulders above everyone (bar possibly Henry - who fails to rise to big occassion) and deserves it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:18 pm

So the second and third best players in Europe are Englands two centre defenders. Funny I didn't see them manage to string two passes together in the European championships  :laugh:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:57 am

3 of the top 4 play in the premier league pretty good for english football
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby stoney » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:18 pm

Big Niall wrote:So the second and third best players in Europe are Englands two centre DEFENDERS. Funny I didn't see them manage to string two passes together in the European championships  :laugh:

Its probably cause you were looking at the wrong players  :laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion