Quote of the day - Gimme some wisdon

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:07 am

Trust you Woof! :D

"Never be rude to an Arab" - Monty Python.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:33 pm

some class quotes about money off msn today, love the george best one :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

"Do they use a different currency in the north?" - Jade Goody, an expert on the British economy

“The more money you earn, the more you lose sense of its value. You get used to eating caviar, and at some point, it begins to taste as ordinary as everything else.” – Former tennis superstar Boris Becker.

"Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house." - actor Steven Seagal

"Ah, yes 'divorce' from the Latin word meaning 'to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet'." - comedian Robin Williams

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - former footballer George Best who went bankrupt in 1982

"Bankruptcy is like losing your virginity - it doesn't hurt the next time." - TV chef Clarissa Dickson Wright after going bankrupt for the third time

"Adults are just children who earn money." - actor Kenneth Branaugh

"Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." - comic Spike Milligan

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - comic actor Woody Allen

"I rob banks because that's where the money is." - bank robber Willie Sutton.

"My formula for success is rise early, work late and strike oil." - rich man John Paul Getty

"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars." - John Paul Getty

"No-one would remember the Good Samaritan if he'd only had good intentions. He had money as well." - the caring, sharing Margaret Thatcher

"Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves." - clever chap Albert Einstein

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." – Bo Derek

"Everybody would like to believe that money doesn't bring you happiness, but it does." - former high street jewellery retailer Gerald Ratner

"I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful" - Marilyn Monroe

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of." - author Jane Austen

"It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating." - the witty Oscar Wilde (in The Model Millionaire)

"Recommend virtue to your children; it alone, not money, can make them happy. I speak from experience." - composer Ludwig van Beethoven

"I don't like gambling at all. I once gambled $50 and when i ran out I stopped. I felt sick. I thought, 'You could have brought something with the cash." - Claudia Schiffer

"I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons." - The late Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:37 pm

'boy-racer cars are chrome condoms...there's always a right
d!ck in them!'
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:52 pm

when they are parked up in france, theres a left dick in them :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:18 pm

If you think nobody cares whether you're dead or alive try missing a couple of car payments
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:09 pm

Some things which people say which I hate.

When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too".  Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their a$$es!

When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid  £10 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

When people say "life is short". What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?" If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:00 am

stmichael wrote:Some things which people say which I hate.

When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too".  Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their a$$es!

When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid  £10 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

When people say "life is short". What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?" If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

stmike, i didnt realise you had so many personal comments, and heres me thinking you were quoting what others do, tttt  :D   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:12 pm

'Don't eat yellow snow kids, it only makes you sick'
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:49 pm

"If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question."
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:53 am

Sparta coach Stanislav Griga "Whoever you play against, it is very hard to play without the ball."

:O
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:46 am

Fergie shudda retired.

But I'm soooo glad he didn't.
:laugh: :D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:20 am

mourinio......"we did not lose, there was no goal"
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum