Wot football means to me - Suck it n see!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:53 am

Hi there all!! Im Barry and for the daft people aboard i'm from Belfast!
I wanted to make a post firstly to explain myself and my passion for the game.I am going to take the unlikely step of explaining my background and how i came to love our great club.
I grew up in a loyalist housing estate about 6 miles from Belfast in the height of the troubles.Constantly our people were bombarded with abuse from our so called enemies and constantly our own 'active members' suggested we  were lame and useless because we did not retaliate!!
People did retaliate,yes its human nature 2 do so when feeling threatened and we all seen some bad things take place,but the bigger person in my mind is the man/woman who takes the reigns and steers us  out of a rut!
23 years ago a school was formed in the outskirts of Belfast called Lagan College! i joined that school in 1992 and stayed there till they threw me out in  98!!Until the day i joined that school i had never seen a catholic or a taig as my mates called them!!When at this school i befreinded a guy called Peter Hand(a catholic)whos passion in life was and always be LFC! This guy at one time taught me 2 things!The first being,not to judge what u dont know and the second after hours of veiwing Lfc videos that Liverpool Fc is the best club in the world and always wil be.Ever since i have loved  LFC with all my heart and will always!!
To me  this article that u all will probably laugh at means a lot more than just  my reason for loving football,it means i have not been in jail  where  so many people i know have been and are for political motives that are never in our hands anyway!!
And i guess i wanna say that over ere in this shallow wee country integrated education is the only way forward,and if ya send ur kid there he/she might just end up loving the Pool as much as me.....and Peter!!  YNWA
66-1120597113

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:59 am

Good post, good man.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:09 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Hi there all!! Im Barry and for the daft people aboard i'm from Belfast!
I wanted to make a post firstly to explain myself and my passion for the game.I am going to take the unlikely step of explaining my background and how i came to love our great club.
I grew up in a loyalist housing estate about 6 miles from Belfast in the height of the troubles.Constantly our people were bombarded with abuse from our so called enemies and constantly our own 'active members' suggested we  were lame and useless because we did not retaliate!!
People did retaliate,yes its human nature 2 do so when feeling threatened and we all seen some bad things take place,but the bigger person in my mind is the man/woman who takes the reigns and steers us  out of a rut!
23 years ago a school was formed in the outskirts of Belfast called Lagan College! i joined that school in 1992 and stayed there till they threw me out in  98!!Until the day i joined that school i had never seen a catholic or a taig as my mates called them!!When at this school i befreinded a guy called Peter Hand(a catholic)whos passion in life was and always be LFC! This guy at one time taught me 2 things!The first being,not to judge what u dont know and the second after hours of veiwing Lfc videos that Liverpool Fc is the best club in the world and always wil be.Ever since i have loved  LFC with all my heart and will always!!
To me  this article that u all will probably laugh at means a lot more than just  my reason for loving football,it means i have not been in jail  where  so many people i know have been and are for political motives that are never in our hands anyway!!
And i guess i wanna say that over ere in this shallow wee country integrated education is the only way forward,and if ya send ur kid there he/she might just end up loving the Pool as much as me.....and Peter!!  YNWA

Good post Barry, but did you actually listen to that guy because you say
The first being,not to judge what u dont know

You call me a di.ckhead and 'dont know' me!!!   ???  :D

But yea ggod post, I wa gonna write a 'Why I love Liverpool' post.
I will do so in the near future!!!  Maybe post 1,500!!!!

:)
76-1115222408

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:26 am

Ok im sorry!! U are not a dickhe-d but some of your post are on the contrary!Thats the nearest i can give to an apology!! :D :D
66-1120597113

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:28 am

Ahhh, you got out of that one well!!!!

Respect where respect is due!!!!  Hehe!!!

:D
76-1115222408

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:19 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Hi there all!! Im Barry and for the daft people aboard i'm from Belfast!

Nice post Barry  :buttrock
66-1112520797

Return to General Chat Forum