No Means No!!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:28 am

I had a friend, the guy was absolutely minted(he was the the sole owner of a funeral home).  Went home to his own house one night with a girl he'd been dating for a bit.  One thing leads to another and they end up naked.

Midway through she decides she is drunk and wants no more.  He continues until he is done.

A few weeks later he gets a knock on the door.  It's the police.  They arrest him for rape.  The girl actually testifies that she had originally consented.  But during the act she said "No more". 

My friend has spent 8 years in prison.  He was sentenced to 15 years .  We have all heard the stories of what happens to rapists in prison. 

What would you have done in that situation ? Do you think he committed a crime?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:00 am

What would I have done in that situation?

Well, fortunately I've never had the annoyance of a woman saying no during the act, usually that comes way earlier in the night when I'm using some cheesy chat up line in order to bed her. However, I would have pulled out, to$$ed myself off and cum in her face  :wwww (joking).

In all honesty, when she said 'no more' I would have probably complied, or read the situation a bit and tried to convince her while on a bedroom break.

That said, to me it sounds like the judge, jury or whomever didn't use much 'common sense' when sentencing your mate IMO. 15 yrs is over the top considering she originally consented and it sounds as though this wasn't really taken into account. She said no, that was her right and he should have stopped but this doesn't sound like your typical gruel-ing rape case to me. If it was his first offence, he should have got a suspended sentence or at the most 24 months in prison with a rather large fine IMO.

That's my opinion without too much of the context thrown in, and discussed on face value.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:11 am

The Good Yank » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:28 am wrote:What would you have done in that situation ? Do you think he committed a crime?

As your topic header says "No Means No", if a woman wants a man to stop he should respect that, no matter how hard it may be (  :D  no pun intended).

To continue intercourse against her wishes is a violation of her rights and the consensual sex had now technically become  an assault so yes he was imo committing a crime, the sentence handed to him however seems extremely harsh given the circumstances described.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:43 am

As your topic header says "No Means No", if a woman wants a man to stop he should respect that, no matter how hard it may be

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:31 pm

This is stoning to death for the woman where I come from :D

kidding kidding kidding
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:56 pm

metalhead » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:31 pm wrote:This is stoning to death for the woman where I come from :D

kidding kidding kidding

Jesus MH, that woman had a father and if you were a parent you realise you don't need to watch TV shows from other countries if you have a Sky box  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:38 pm

You need the 4 witnesses Laza , never mind the sky box :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:12 am

metalhead » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:31 pm wrote:This is stoning to death for the woman where I come from :D

kidding kidding kidding

:laugh:  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:39 pm

If he'd have been good enough she'd have been screaming yes, yes, yes then regretted it afterwards!!

Only joking... (bad taste?)

Hard one to comment on (pun intended) on know exactly where to stand...

15 years seems extremely harsh given the original consent. However, its easy to see how the woman felt violated, especially if they don't know each other very well.

Very difficult to have an opinion on that.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm

It's an absolutely clear-cut case of rape and only 'difficult' if you believe it acceptable for a person to violate another's sexual autonomy by continuing to have sex with them against their will.

The only question is whether the sentence is harsh. I think quite possibly yes, although you would need to know more about the circumstances of the case to be sure.
LFC2007

Postby fivecups » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:34 pm

LFC2007 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:43 pm wrote:It's an absolutely clear-cut case of rape and only 'difficult' if you believe it acceptable for a person to violate another's sexual autonomy by continuing to have sex with them against their will.

The only question is whether the sentence is harsh. I think quite possibly yes, although you would need to know more about the circumstances of the case to be sure.

Yep, is there more to this TGY, why 15 years?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm

LFC2007 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:43 pm wrote:It's an absolutely clear-cut case of rape and only 'difficult' if you believe it acceptable for a person to violate another's sexual autonomy by continuing to have sex with them against their will.

Think that sums up my opinion as well.
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:08 am

my missus once told me if she says no it actually means yes, but only in the bedroom. It's the role play thing of the girl saying NO! but the man taking her anyway. Obviousley this has to be agreed prior to the sh@gfest.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 am

no means no but here is a case when its tricky.
I had a client that said yes, penetration was made for 5 mins , she said stop but he carried on for about 30secs.
She run out the house and called the police and reported Rape.

the case did go to court but they let the guy off in under ran hour when she agreed that she had said yes for 5mins before saying no.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 pm

women are deceitful crafty b!tches
redno7
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum