Best team possible verses pompey - I hope

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gareth G » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:50 pm

Nice idea columbia, ive never tohught about the back four line-up. I think it would be well worth a try.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:13 pm

yeh i think so too, caragher does the defensive aspects of playing full back very well but when he comes forward lacks ability in my opinion. I think defensively he's much better then henchoz.
columbia

Postby Gareth G » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:55 pm

I think Hyypia and Carragher would be as solid as concrete playing in the centre together plus Finnan and Riise are both capable of good defending...and not to mention their attacking qualities. I really do think that's one defencive line-up that's worthy of a try at least, i believe they wouldn't go back if they did try that. Henchoz is an ideal back up player for any of the centre back's too.

For midfield we are missing one key player, we already have Kewell, Hamann and Gerrard, we just need one more big named player to fill the vacancy.

I think for up front we have bags of quality player's, only problem is, they are all low on confidence and moral...just like the rest of the team, bar a few.

We also have no problem's with goalkeeper's, well if Kirkland would stop getting injured we wouldn't. I think both Chris and Jerzy pan out pretty equal ability way's, what jerzy lack's in, Chris excel's and vice-versa. So no problem's there as i said.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gbo » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:49 am

It's quite worrying when hope rests on Diouf or Cheyrou getting the final midfield position, it almost makes me wish Smicer was fit!!! Almost....

How about 4-3-3 with Owen, Baros and Heskey up top with Gerrard on the right, Kewell on the left and Hamann the holding midfielder.  Portsmouth have only got 4 points away all season so lets go out there with the attitude we'll score more than them for once. 

7 at home and 4 away left, time to start picking up points.
Gbo

Postby miracle man » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:10 am

I would say the best team would be as follows:

DUDEK

CARRAGHER   HENCHOZ    HYYPIA   RIISE

SINAMA-PONGGOLLE  GERRARD  MURPHY   KEWELL

BAROS      OWEN

why not experiment sinama as a winger (on the right side) as he has the pace to beat defenders and can put a decent cross in the box.

murphy should also be given a run in the 1st 11 as hamman should be rested for the other BIG games. anyway murphy is quite creative and skillful and would be a good partner with gerrard.

come on REDS!!!!
miracle man

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:33 am

Pongolle on the right would be an interesting to see. I would give it a go but it is probably a bit too bold for Houllier. I would also like to see us try something different, whether it's playing 3 up or 5 in the midfield. But again, i don't think Houllier will be as bold to try it. The most adventerous tactic Houllier has employed at the club is switching from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:35 pm

zardd wrote:BTW anyone knows what position diouf play for his previous club (just curious).

He played as a striker for a french team and senegal. was also nicknamed serial killer. How low has he fallen since joining liverpool..............
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:41 pm

Scottbot wrote:Pongolle on the right would be an interesting to see. I would give it a go but it is probably a bit too bold for Houllier. I would also like to see us try something different, whether it's playing 3 up or 5 in the midfield. But again, i don't think Houllier will be as bold to try it. The most adventerous tactic Houllier has employed at the club is switching from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1.

I also thought that Ostembor would make a good right winger. He likes to attack and put in a few telling crosses..... but GH had to let him go too.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:50 pm

columbia wrote:yeh i think so too, caragher does the defensive aspects of playing full back very well but when he comes forward lacks ability in my opinion. I think defensively he's much better then henchoz.

If i am not wrong, carragher started as centreback. After some un-inspiring performances, he was switched to full-back. Maybe it is time to switch him back to centreback.

But I still think we need pacy centrebacks if liverpool is going to play attacking football........... we shd get mexes & dawson.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:06 pm

big al wrote:Can I just point out that 4th place does not qualify a team for Europe, It gives the team a chance to qualify for europe.

scenario.

-Liverpool gets 4th place. GH keeps job.

-Next season liverpool gets knockout in the preliminary stage of champions league and start the season badly (drawing 0-0 with sunderland at anfield with MO missing a last minute penalty). GH blames it on the fatigue of the players (Owen, Gerrard, Baros & Hamann) who played in the Euro championship. He reckons it might take until x-mas for the above players to get their form back

-Cisse finds it tuff to get used to the pace of premier league. GH reckons, he needs a season to get used to premier league football.

-Liverpool struggle through the season and end it by winning 12, drawing 15 and losing 11 games.

scary thought isn't it..................

GH should quit if we don't get 2nd place.........
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion