Hillsborough justice campaign and "golden past, re

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby mottman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:56 am

Hillsborough Justice Campaign and "Golden Past, Red Future"

Copies are now available from the Hillsborough Justice Campaign shop on Walton Breck Road. The price of the book will be £13.00, plus £ 1.50 post and packing for UK based supporters and £2.00 for overseas supporters.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign
PO Box 1089
178 Walton Breck Road
Anfield
Liverpool
L4 0RG

The shop usually opens a couple of hours before each home game until 5 minutes before kick-off. The shop also opens for around 1/2 an hour after each game. On none match days, the HJC shop is open Monday - Friday between 10.00 and 14.00 and the telephone number is 0151 260 5262.

For those who are unable to make it to the shop, you can send a cheque/postal order made out to The "Hillsborough Justice Campaign". Make sure you include an extra £1.50 for postage and packaging if your in the UK and £2.00 if you're outside the UK.

You can use the following link to pay by Paypal

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

The HJC's bank account is justice_4_96@yahoo.co.uk

Don't forget to include a note with your full name and address with details of how many books you require. For more information on the disaster and the campaign for justice, visit the Hillsborough Justice Campaign's website:

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough

Your continued support and generosity is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Robbie
mottman

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:41 pm

Could people who have read Paul Tomkins' book please post their views?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:46 pm

I ordered myself a copy of Paul Tomkins' book and look eagerly forward to reading it.

Again, have other people read it?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:36 am

I finished it the other day.

It's a good read certainly, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on about it. 

Maybe it's because I have read a sh!tload of his articles, not just on RAWK, but on some obscure website he used to write on before his self imposed two year exile from the world of internet journalism and I got the sense that I had read it all before.  Still worth a read though.

Guillem Ballague also has a book out which I will be purchasing next month.  I will be definitely looking forward to this one.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:49 pm

Actually, as an edit to my previous post, there are a couple of fantastic chapters towards the end of the book, one is about Steven Gerrard (Tomkins really builds him up to the point where you start believing that Gerrard is a supernatural being), the other is a surprise. :D
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:57 pm

My copy was popped through my letter box by the postie today.

I'm just finoshing off another book ("The Medici" by Paul Strathern) and as soon as I finish that (hopefully tonight) I'm tucking straight into Tomkins' book.

Class cover, designed by Tomkins himself.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Hillsborough