Liverpool v portsmouth

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby mottman » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:45 am

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign Shop is now located at 178 Walton Breck Road, opposite the Albert pub. For the Man City home game to be played on Wednesday 11th February (kick-off 20.00) the shop will be open from 17.30 until 5 minutes before kick-off. The shop will also be open for around ½ an hour after the game.
Everyone is welcome to call in and talk to members of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign team and meet fellow Reds. Please make the HJC shop your rendezvous point for meeting your friends before and after any Liverpool home game. Everyone will be made very welcome.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign shop opens its doors to everyone - whoever you are, wherever you’re from, all are welcome. Upstairs, there is a large meeting room at the front. On match day, everyone is welcome to sit and have a chat with members of the team. The meeting room includes a kitchen area, with facilities for making hot drinks. Lavatory facilities are also available.
Regular updates concerning HJC merchandise, fundraising events, poems and supporters thoughts on the Hillsborough tragedy are available free of charge from the shop.
There are many items on-site for you to purchase - books, badges, and a variety of T-shirts, posters and many other items. All monies raised will go towards the Campaign for Justice and for the upkeep of the shop. There are many pictures on the shop walls relating to Hillsborough and Liverpool FC in general.

These extend into a walkway at the rear of the shop. At the rear of the shop, plans are in place to erect a garden of remembrance.
Here are some of the items that are available:-

Badge - Yellow original £2.00
Badge - Red eternal flame £2.00
Badge - Don’t buy the Sxn £2.00 *NEW*
Key ring eternal flame £4.00 *NEW*
Scarf £4.00 *NEW*
Lighter £1.00
Words of Tribute (original) £1.50
Mugs £5.00 *NEW*
Scum T-shirts £8.00
T-shirt - 96 £6.00
T-shirt - Liverbird / Houllier £12.00*NEW*
Anne Williams book £10.00 *sold out*
Polo shirts £14.00
T-shirt - black £7.00
Partizan Media T-shirts (various) £15.00*NEW*
Book - Pete Evo - One Boy & His Kop £10.00
Book - Pete Evo - My Youth, My Kop £10.00
Book - Jim Dempsey - 3 Cups For The Kop £3.00
Book - George Sephton - This Is Anfield Calling £3.00
Fanzine - RAOTL £ 2.00
Photos - players £1.50
Kenny Dalglish t-shirt £12.00 *NEW*
Alan Kennedy t-shirt £12.00 *NEW*
Pay Kennedy t-shirt £12.00 *NEW*
Elisha Scott t-shirt £12.00 *NEW*
Billy Liddell t-shirt £12.00 *NEW*

Copies of Mark Platt’s superb book detailing Liverpool’s European Cup exploits in 1977 are also available, these are priced at £ 12.00. As well as being available direct from the shop, the books can be purchased through Paypal via John_mac@blueyonder.co.uk please add £1.00 for postage and packing.

The Greatest European Story Ever Told
Finally after many months of work an epic piece of Liverpool writing is complete. The Greatest European Story Ever Told (GESET) stands at over 100 pages and covers every match the Reds have played in Europe since our first game against KR Reykjavik in August 1964. It tells the stories of the ties and interweaves many humorous fan recollections regarding their adventures away from home. It also includes some of the songs inspired by and sung on those trips. A small taster is included at the end of this article.

WARNING: Some of the stories contain colorful language which may not be suitable for children

If you would like to download a copy from the GESET website in one of FIVE formats, priced at £3.01. To download the story you need a username and password and the website address which can be obtained by e-mailing:
lfcineurope@aol.com
Mottman@hotmail.com
antonyphoenix@skynet.be
(putting GESET in the subject field)

The full download details will be forwarded when commitment to pay is received. The story is available in the following formats:
WPS (771Kb) DOC (438Kb) PDF (480Kb) RTF (393Kb) TXT (361Kb)

You can either pay by cheque or postal order made payable to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (see below for details).

If paying by this method please leave a comment in the message section saying your donation is for the GESET Story.

A senior citizen, student and unemployed discount of £1.00 will apply. Please forward your full name, e-mail address and age to one of the above email addresses to qualify for the discount. In the interest of raising as much as possible I would kindly ask that you do not forward the story to third parties.

The idea of this project is to boost HJC funds by as much as possible. If you don’t want the story yourself please feel free to email these details to any Liverpool supporters you think may be interested (young or old).

There is a new HJC T-shirt available for £12.00, please add £1.00 for post and packing. It is a cream t-shirt with a wonderful image of Ray Kennedy, the image contains a small image of the Justice flag encircled in the words Hillsborough Justice Campaign. All proceeds from the sales of this shirt will go direct to Ray Kennedy.
The new HJC mug is now available, It is a bone china mug, with two gold hoops and the HJC eternal flame motif. The mug is priced at £5.00 we estimate postage and packing to be around £1.00 per mug (this may be subject to some fluctuation depending if you are UK based or based abroad, please add £1.75 if based overseas).

The HJC website is constantly being updated, please visit it regularly to find out the latest news concerning the fight for JUSTICE and other related matters.

www.contrast.org/hillsborough

Where to send donations / orders too:
You can order and make payment by Paypal to: john_mac@blueyonder.co.uk

Please leave a message in the section provided to say what items you require (and sizes – colours etc, if applicable).

You can either pay by cheque or postal order made payable to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (Don’t forget to mention which size you require) and send to:

John McCormick, 16 Acton Road, Kirkby, Liverpool, L32 0TT

Robbie Ashcroft, 48 Marina Crescent, Netherton, Bootle, Merseyside, L30 1RR

Hillsborough Justice Campaign
P O Box 1089
178 Walton Breck Road
Liverpool
L69 4WR

If paying by cheque or postal order, please allow 10-14 days for delivery, please ensure that you make them payable to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

Used postage stamps required - a message from Neil Dixon, HJC supporter.

I am trying to collect as many used postage stamps as possible for the ileostomy
Association, they can exchange these (by weight) for credit to there charity. I am doing quite well so far but I would like to do very well as they have been very good to my wife. Can I ask all you people out there (specially) office people to have a look and see if you have any lying around as if you have I would really appreciate them to add to my charity collection.
If you do want to send any, then please send them to:

Neil Dixon
LINC
Edge Hill
L39 4PQ
Thank you.

Irish HJC Cup Tournament - 2004
The IHJC Cup for 2004 will be taking place in the Astropark in Tallaght on March 6th. Commencing at 12:00. The Astropark is on the Greenhills Road near to Xtravision.
It will have the same format as last year. There will two groups of 5 teams. Each game is 10 mins in length. First and Second of each group will qualify for the semi-finals and obviously the winners meet in the final. Last years winners, the infamous Brown Rings, will be back in an attempt to reclaim their title. Medical representation is guaranteed of those who will need it.
Each time will have to have a minimum of 5 players on their team and a maximum of 7. Cost per man is EUR40. Now that may seem a lot but please bear with me and you will see that not only is this fee for an extremely worthy cause but you will receive other goodies for your 'hard earned' cash.
For your EUR 40 you will receive your entry for the football tournie but also a HJC badge and a raffle ticket for some excellent prizes. Samples of some of last years prizes are, Sign Michael Owen photos, Cup Final Programmes, Match Programmes, Pot of Jam, a Barbie, Tights, FA Cup Final Photos and much more. Most of all you will contributing to very worthy cause and get to meet fellow reds on the day and have one or two beers in the evening.

There will be sandwich’s served to those in need of sustaining and beer served to those in need of forgetting their woeful efforts on the pitch.

Please contact Jason at jason.cauldwell@jacobs.com for further details.

Last year, Anne Williams; mother of Kevin Williams, Gary Burn; Hillsborough Survivor and Sheila Coleman; legal expert, all attended what was an excellent time. They will be attending this years tournament.

ENGLISH HJC CUP Tournament – 2004
To be played at the Pitz in Liverpool on Sunday May 2nd. After the Middlesborough home game. The 3rd is a bank holiday so we get to party on the Sunday night after the Cup.

If you would like to submit a team or offer your footballing skills as an individual, please contact Karl Baxter on:
karlb@hjccup.co.uk
or visit this website:
http://karlbaxter.proboards2.com/index.cgi#general

HJC AUCTION: SVEN ERIKSON SIGNED PROGRAMME

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2785435670

SVEN GORAN ERIKSON Signed Amsterdam Tournament 2003 Programme. Signed top left with a black marker pen. See photo above.

The signature was obtained from Sven at Heathrow airport on Monday 4th August, 2003. Also included is a picture of Sven signing the programme plus a letter from the FA to authenticate it as genuine.

The item was kindly donated by Mark and Tracey from the Redandwhitekop

by Kevin Mahon – Liverpool V Leicester 2003 -

I just had to put on record my feelings following my visit to Anfield on Saturday.
I went with my two sons and the wife but we could only get two tickets for the game. I insisted the boys used them with the self-sacrifice only a father would understand. They are, after all, the future heartbeat of the club. We saw the boys to the turnstiles and bade them a goodbye and wished them a good game and then my wife and I spent some time walking slowly around the ground. (I was soaking up the atmosphere while she wondered just when her shopping trip would start)
We visited the Hillsborough Memorial and, as usual it was bedecked with scarves and mementos of fans paying their respects. There were several bunches of flowers and accompanying cards. We read them as we paused in front of the red marbled edifice for a time. One was particularly moving.
It commemorated the birthday of one of the boys who had died that awful day in Sheffield. It was a birthday card from his mother. It simply read:"You would have been 32 this week. How I love and miss you still.Happy Birthday, my beautiful Son." Beside the card were two laminated photographs clipped together defiantly keeping out the autumnal drizzle. One was of a baby and the other of a fresh faced young man of approximately eighteen summers. They were of the same man and boy who had lost his life following his passion in the support of Liverpool Football Club.
We had just said goodbye to our beautiful sons (one aged 18 and the other 14) and saw them off into a football match. They were excited and full of anticipation. We were left behind, happy for them, pleased that they had had an opportunity to attend the game and looked forward to seeing them again soon after the match when we would be regaled with their accounts of the experience. In that moment of reading the card written by a grieving mother, of listening to the roar of an excited crowd inside the ground and of waving goodbye to the flowers of our youth, we both felt the same leaden heartbeat of the mother who had lost her son.
We were deeply moved and clung to each other in a reassuring embrace. While we took some deep breaths and stepped back from the shrine, I looked with fresh eyes at the activity around the monument. Many Leicester fans paused respectfully and read the array of names. They were joined by Liverpool supporters and a hushed conversation sprang up between them, made comrades by the terrible event etched into the marble. Other fans wearing red who had obviously paid homage on numerous occasions rushed past but not without a revered nod of appreciation. Several made a point of touching the cold marble slab in passing rather like the players used to do so religiously of the "This is Anfield" sign in the tunnel.
We had drunk deeply at the well of human emotion. A well whose waters encompassed so many conflicting emotions of fear, love, tenderness, grief, compassion, respect and the surge of feeling part of something important in the lives of so many. It is a bitter-sweet concoction. How sweet it is to have had so many loved ones in our midst; we must always value what we have, and how bitter to have lost them so wantonly at the capricious decision to open those doors at the Leppings Lane end. As far as we can accompany those left behind and grieving, I hope that they do feel that they will never walk alone. It's the only assurance we can give to that mother left with the warmth of her memories of her beautiful son.
mottman

Postby sangy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:11 pm

:)  well written piece at the bottom ......

R.I.P Hillsborough Victims and u'l NEVA WALK ALONE!!!!
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:08 pm

sorry i think all this hillsborugh stuff should be laid to rest
i was at hillsbrough in lepping lane
it happend what ever the reasons it happend
the poeple at the game went 2 the match 2 watch their team win
they loved liverpool like myself
who evers fault it is isnt going to bring them back
end of story
I feel sorry 4 their familys but why harp on about it
it wont change nothing
i'm also sure all of them will be gald we beat everton in the final that year
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:44 pm

I'm sorry to say there will never be justice for the Hillsborough victims because in some ways I believe there is no way to achieve justice (you cannot undo what has been done, no amount of money or punishment will achieve it)

RIP
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:41 pm

DAV wrote:sorry i think all this hillsborugh stuff should be laid to rest
i was at hillsbrough in lepping lane
it happend what ever the reasons it happend
the poeple at the game went 2 the match 2 watch their team win
they loved liverpool like myself
who evers fault it is isnt going to bring them back
end of story
I feel sorry 4 their familys but why harp on about it
it wont change nothing
i'm also sure all of them will be gald we beat everton in the final that year

This was a very sad occasion , and it has been proved and admitted that errors were made by Police who opened the doors and let people in at the rear of the stand concerned.This was done as a last resort as people were pushing and shoving irresponsibly to get in late before the games start and it was done for all the right reasons there was no malice in this police decision . It is believed many fans without tickets for the match pushed and shoved in the hope of getting in and they got their way by causing crowd problems which could only be relieved by opening the gates like opening a dam .  Some had stayed in the pub late (a minority) and then left it to the last minute to attend the game causing some of the crowding ,pushing and problems (a minority).
The Police have admitted and been found guilty of their involvement but what about the Liverpool fans who attended late from the pub , pushed and shoved to get in  , and some without tickets when will they get their come upence when will they come forward and admit some responsibility. Although a minority , yes , their irresponsible behaviour made a bad situation a hell of a lot worse . Had these silly people not pushed and shoved at the gate , many lives that were lost that day would not have been lost . It is a opinion shared by many ,it is not a popular one , but it is the truth .
We are talking of a minority here , but they were Liverpool fans , and as much as you may bare a grudge against Yorkshire police you should equally hold a grudge against these fans too ( even though it was a small minority of the total Liverpool support ).

To those who lost their lives i say RIP , and may you never be forgot , and may this never ever be allowed to happen again .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:10 pm

shilton_red,I suggest you read and learn more about Hillsborough before you make any rash,irresponsible judgements.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby shilton_red » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:10 am

I have made no rash irresponsible judgements the Hillsborough disaster was not all the Polices fault . 75 to 80% was yes , and then it wasnt done on purpose , they didnt set out for this to happen did they ?. The other 25% of blame goes onto the people i blamed in the previous post , and the people who decided to enclose stands , the government and football association , and then the people who caused them to do that irresponsible football supporters / hooligans who had to be penned in it was thought at the time . We have to wake up and smell the coffee here , the police can be blamed and have accepted blame for their part in this but what about the other 25% of the blame whats happening there . If im wrong please enlighten me here .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Return to Hillsborough