Vladimir smicer - thanks for last night

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Fri May 27, 2005 10:12 am

and this from liverpoolfc.tv

Vladimir Smicer has admitted he's sad to be leaving Liverpool after joining the Liverpool fans for a post-match party in Istanbul after their Champions League heroics.
Smicer took to the streets with the fans in Taksim square to celebrate the Reds' stunning penalty shoot-out victory as they overcame a three goal half time deficit to record a sensational victory.

The Czech ace scored the Reds' second goal on the night and also netted in the shoot-out to ensure he leaves Anfield having played his part in one of the club's greatest ever nights.

"I celebrated with the largest cigar you have ever seen. I went with the fans to dance in the streets," he said.

"It was incredible to be with the fans. I just wanted to share with them what I felt. It was the greatest night of our lives.

"I didn't go to bed at all. There is no need for sleep after a night like this. I just wanted to go out on a high, and I am proud I showed I can play.

"I was told two months ago that I wouldn't be getting a new contract and I asked the manager if he'd need me, or could I go on holiday.

"He said that I was still needed, and that's all I wanted to hear. I love Liverpool, both of my children were born here, and it's very difficult to leave."

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 27, 2005 10:23 am

Happy that the fella at least leaves us with a massive medal . His goal and subsequent penalty (imo the best of them all ) were a fantistic farewell present , thanx Vladi, best of luck for the future to you and your family.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 27, 2005 10:28 am

Vlad was different class on the night. maybe he was putting himself in the shop window but hes always seemed to be so proud to wear our colours, even if his football hasnt showed it.

winning the champs league tho more than made up for it and he has now cemented his place in liverpool folk lore
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Fri May 27, 2005 2:55 pm

Looks like a few clubs are in the market for Vladi:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Fri May 27, 2005 4:19 pm

Smicers last touch was scoring a penalty in the cl final and possibly
dudeks was  getting a hand to save the penalty aswell as hamann .
kopite

Postby onizukaeikichi » Fri May 27, 2005 4:51 pm

remember how much he change the game , i remember a champs league game when if liverpool draw or lose will be out, we are trailing 3-0 and smicer came in and he made 3-3 ,but we still crash out

oh well, wish the best for u smicer
onizukaeikichi

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri May 27, 2005 4:53 pm

you remember a champs league game? i think we all do, it was just a couple of days ago. man japanese has bad brain cells.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri May 27, 2005 4:54 pm

el_stinger wrote:Looks like a few clubs are in the market for Vladi:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

unfortunatly he will be going for a free...
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Sat May 28, 2005 5:43 am

Look at that ... Club is not extending Smicer's contract. He went to Rafa and asked whether he is needed or whether he can go on holidays. Rafa told him.. Smicer is in his plan.

He played him despite knowing that if a player has been told this bad news, he might not perform to the fullest. Yet Rafa beleived in him. And he did let Smicer show his skills.

Finally Smicer showed his best. Now, I heard some nig clubs wants to sign him already. See what Rafa did.

He showed Smicer a path even though he is not obliged to.

I see Rafa as a Manager that cares for the players.

I even saw him shaking hands to AC Millan's players. That is the spirit I like about him
hobbes

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion