Listen to the boss! - From lfc official website.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kingofthegreen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:49 am

----Rafael Benitez believes Liverpool fans have every right to criticise him and his players so long as they get fully behind the team before and during a match.

His comments were in response to questions from the media about supposed criticism aimed at Steven Gerrard in the aftermath of last weekend's Carling Cup Final defeat to Chelsea.
"Our supporters are very clever and criticism doesn't make me angry," says the Reds boss. "I've said before that they are the best in the land and I stand by that. We need our supporters in every game.
"At the end of the day they are entitled to say who has been good and who has been bad in a match but it important that before and during a game they stick with us. We are professionals and we have to accept criticism at times. If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it.
"The fans must understand though that Steven Gerrard is a key player for us. I have spoken to him this week and he was very disappointed after losing the final. But he's determined to fight and work hard to help us get into the top four." ---- (from LFC official website)

i beleive rafa has hit the nail on the head, again. everytime he opens his gob, i like what he says.......... he's startin to say sh1t that ive been sayin.........

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion