Hi im a bench

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:12 am

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, we booked a meal at a VERY exclusive hotel with friends of ours who live in Cardiff. There was security both at the door and in reception and 2 years ago it wasn't an issue for a few dozen fans to have access to the players to politely request autographs and have a quick chat.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:13 am

Or maybe its just convenient to hide behind the "Health and Safety" label :rock:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:24 am

Bunch of pansies if y'ask me :D

I read a biography of Shankly on my hols, partly written by Thommo. As I was reading it I was sitting there thinking that every one of today's squad should me MADE to read it so they know exactly how important and illustrious our past was, and how much of an honour it should be to wear the red shirt on behalf of the fans and the city as a whole.

Only Carra regularly shows the "diehard spirit" that made us the best team on the planet for nigh on 20 years and put the fear of god into the opposition

I first started going to Anfield in the early-mid 80s and you could almost see the awe and fear on their faces
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:37 am

peewee wrote:say hello to owens @rse for me

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:04 pm

Just going slightly off topic, but (sort of) relevant to what peewee and Daglish were saying about how players have changed, attitude-wise.

Apparently Craig Bellamy told the guy he was marking at Clyde last weekend, after Bellamy had scored, that Bellamy was infinitely richer than him and that he would give the guy a job weeding his garden in the summer.

Even years ago there was a gap between the rich players and the average ones, but back then your wages might buy you a 3 bedroom house, a reasonably decent car and a pub which you could run when you retired, but there definitely was a limit to what you could do and you knew that once you retired as a footballer you knew that you had to find another job to pay the bills. Players knew this and they tried their best, as extra success might get them bonuses or a better contract, and a few extra quid made during their career might help sort themselves and their family out for a couple of years, like buy a pub or a hardware shop like Phil Thompson did. Nowadays even ****** Premiership players earn so much money that almost all could never have to worry about money again once they retire, and I think that factor also needs to be considered.

Tommy Smith, Phil Thompson, Sammy Lee, Jimmy Case et al were all renowned for their great passion on the pitch, but I bet you the most important thing on their minds was earning a wage to pay the mortgage and bills and feed the family. Getting pints bought for them by supporters and winning medals were probably the cream on the top of it all. Now so many players seem to be dizzy with money that they can always say "Sure, we lost 4-0 and were relegated, but I can always go home to my mock Tudor house in my Lotus and play Playstation games on my 50 inch plasma screen tv".
Last edited by JBG on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:13 pm

The INCREASE in players wages brought an equvilant DECREASE in players loyalty.

:(

Even a bench isn't what it used to be .
:D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:58 pm

a bench wrote:hi how is john

dont let anyone lay on you  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:05 pm

Bellamy is a fool

What happens with the vale hotel is professional autograph hunters who sell on ebay, I know people who take shirts up there for cup finals and international games and this is ruining it for the genuine fans and kids.  I suppose this happens everywhere, they are becoming the touts of the autograph world.

What does amaze me whwn players on 40,000 a week etc say things like I moved because I had to think about my family.  How big is their family.  I can sympathise with players from third world countries who genuinely do support dozens of people but there has to come a time when it is enough cash to support your family all generations in comfort.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:28 pm

Dom1 wrote:a bench :laugh:

look at them muppets, i seen them on sunday with there silly portraits....not even good drawings :D

:glare: Oi Dom thats our GOD your talkin about mate :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:37 pm

didn't know he was spanish....always thought of god as more of a greek fella :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:19 am

dom where's roberts??

a reply would be appropriate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:56 pm

sorry mate, u need to phrase ure question a bit better cos i dont know exactly where he is at this moment in time!! :D

what was the e-mail that u sent him about?
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:14 pm

:D  i'll send via ur pm, ok

but later, very busy, cheers
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:17 pm

ok np..
when you're 4-0 up..