Owen wot was he thinking

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:58 pm

I thought it was a Pen, but never the less players should know. You play to the whistle, not stop throw your hands up and shout at people.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm

the whole team was rubbish again???
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby big al » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:04 pm

Owen is just back he needs a few games to sharpen up, give him a break.  The forward line scored for the team had the s##t back line defended properly we would have won. Biscan is the problem but GH is bloody blind and stupid.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby THEBARON » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:26 pm

Yes a good call from big al. The defence was a shambles yesterday with the main culprit being Biscan. Only 2 years ago we had arguably the best central defensive partnership in the Premiership ... now we have one half of that partnership looking out of sorts playing at full back , having being replaced by a midfield misfit. As if that isn't bad enough we have Traore ( who is a reasonably competent centre half but p#ss poor full, back ) playing at left back. That means that 3 of the 4 defenders are out of position !
Now the players themselves are not free from blame , they make the mistakes after all , but who is ultimately to blame ? Who picks this team with players out of position and out of their depth ?
All managers need to have a touch of stubborness and a belief in their own decisions but Houllier is taking it too far. The decision to persevere with Biscan is an attempt to justify his signing in the 1st place and avoid him becoming another transfer error. The loyalty to Traore is a 2 fingered gesture to his many media critics who say Traore is not good enough in the 1st place.
With Carragher and Finnan returning to fitness we now have better options. Hopefully Houllier will put Henchoz and Hyypia in the centre and Finnan and Carragher as full backs.... but as big al says Houllier is blind and stupid
THEBARON

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:41 pm

Biscan is cr#p,but lets not keep putting the blame on one man.You end letting the other buggars of the hook.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby THEBARON » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:56 pm

Yes i quite agree with you supersub, there are plenty of other planks who should not be in the side, Traore and Cheyrou are not good enough.
The reason why Biscan is highlighted is that despite his inadequacies he is the only ever present in all games this season !
What does that tell you about the guy who picks the team ?
THEBARON

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:25 pm

As i think GH admitted on TV after the game LFC had an off day and yes, we have had far too many of those this season. Biscan WAS poor and at blame for the penalty. I wonder what Houllier sees at times with Igor, the Kop have done their best to encourage the player at home gamnes with banal shouts of "Igor, Igor Igor" when he does anything remotely right ! I think Owen looke da lot sharper than the previous week at home against villa and as I think we all know the lad will start bagging a few very soon. Somehow Kewell troubles me at the moment, he is largely ineffective and not playing at all well. ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby catenacio » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:44 am

Non, Non et Non !!!!!  Does it take a "newbie" to explain to you the art of defending?!..Biscan was NOT to blame for either goal OR postiga going clean through the other time.

Henchoz let him run twice, Hypia made the wrong call by stepping up (instead of dropping off as he would have always done with henchoz as his partner) and keane went down far too easily.

Get off the bandwagon gentlemen.  Be honest.  It is the selection that has failed, not Igor.
catenacio

Postby DAV » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:56 am

did u not understand the post.(owen) Its sod all to do with injury or giving the guy a break. He didnt play to the whistle, he should no better.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:19 pm

When the goals were analyised on tv they showed that Henchoz left Keane for the fist one which put Biscan in the position where he brought Kean down.  For the second one they showed that Hyppia pushed up instead of covering his full back and central defensive partner, which even i wouldn't do as an amateur centre halve.

Biscan is still sh**te i agree, but he was not completely to blam for the goals.  It is a team game after all.  It just goes to show GH's poor selcetion for me.  Maybe if Henchoz had been at centre half it would have been different?
Coley

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion