Kewell article from itv sport.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:45 pm

very true Leon, lack of effort is not the problem, it's his confidence - and slagging him won't help that.

I desperately hope Harry can return to the form he once showed for Leeds, but I am becoming more and more skeptical that it will. :(
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:49 pm

This confidence rubbish doesn't cut it for me. It's not an issue of confidence if you are a good player and are trying. He need to get fit, that's what the problem is.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:56 pm

This confidence rubbish doesn't cut it for me. It's not an issue of confidence if you are a good player and are trying. He need to get fit, that's what the problem is.

That's rubbish.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:23 am

Bruno Zidane! wrote:Kewells been embarassingly bad this season for us and the fact that people said he played well on Sunday shows how low his standards have dropped, if we had Kewell on top of his game like he used to play at Leeds everyone would have said he was sh!te on Sunday. And hes put about two stone on.

how many pounds is two stone?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:23 am

No sh1t allowed up here Roberts........apart from the normal posts, that is!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:25 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:No sh1t allowed up here Roberts........apart from the normal posts, that is!  :D

So why has someone started a topic on Harry Kewell then? :D

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:28 am

Thats what I mean!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:44 am

peewee wrote:good article. maybe the author has been reading this forum

yeh its me  :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:29 am

You watch kewell play on sunday and the effort was there, hes obviously trying to play himself into form.  If he keeps playing with that effort his touch will come back, his confidence will follow and then he'll be munching through opposition defences like they werent even there, just wait and see.  If we sell him and he resurects his career somewhere else then you'll all be saying how stupid it was to sell him.  We've given Vladamir Smicer a lot longer than kewell and yet people dont talk about the need to sell him.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:51 am

I didn't create a thread asking for peoples opinion or saying sh1t3, I posted an article of ITV's website which as other said basically confirms what us guys are saying! :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:57 am

In judging Kewell the temptation is to constantly refer to his reputed 65 grand a week salary. It's understandable but not really relavent, if we renegotiated his contract down to 40 grand a week I'd still expect 100% effort. Let's face it, we'd all play for free no bother (though some of us would be an absolute embarassment. I'd probably tear a calf muscle just jogging on.)
I think Starbridge's point about us selling him and him coming good is a fair one. We've spent the money now, there's no going back so we might as well see if Rafa can get him to play. Providing we continue to see the effort like we did on Sunday, I for one can show a little patience.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:02 am

Agreed, Big Mick, that's the way I see it. And a hand in two goals ain't a bad contribution. Mellor, stuck the last one away, but Kewell won the ball !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion