Leicester V Liverpool 26/12/19 KO @20.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:17 am

Worrying how poor Mo was though...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:00 am

Fantastic result... a 4-0 spanking away from home against the team in second place. It's almost too good to be true.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:17 am

First time this season we really played as we can. We are undefeated but I always thought we never went past third gear, last night we shifted to fourth gear and showed everyone watching this is our year. I’m sure the boys really enjoyed playing on a good pitch again.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:18 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:57 pm wrote:I had a mini breakdown when we went 4-0 up. I'm 36 and never seen us play as good as we're playing. We are all clicking, we are all working as a team, we all want to win. It's overwhelming!!

So proud of us tonight.

Felt the same way mate.

I couldn't contain my emotions after the 4th as we dispatched this team like any other rabble side. Long gone are the days worrying about our opponents and how we need to play them. The shoe is well and truly on the other foot and it feels f**king fantastic.

It was such a key moment this season, the fact that we aren't just back on our perch but now being considered one of the greatest ever sides in the league is truly the stuff of football fantasy. How nice would it be to get that shiny gold premiership and rub it in the noses of the red filth who dominated for so long, but could never achieve it, nor their blue shi.te cousins with all the corrupt Shiek oil money they have. Marvellous!

And to the "supporters" on here who continue to defend the snake oil peddler, Klopp just demonstrated (again) why he was, has and will always be light years ahead of him. One of the greatest ever managers we have had blowing away a mediocre mid-table manager, whose purple patch is well and truly over.

:buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:45 am

Anyone noticed those sour puss Leicester groomsmen began moving as soon as the final whistle was blown, even before the players have left the field...talk about being salty af. The reality of the ending of their fairytale run was too much for Casper who was drown with his own kool-aid when asked about how it felt to have 4 goals smashed passes him.

I liked Leicester City but this kind of bad sportsmanship just made our victory that much sweeter
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:07 am

Well that was jolly good  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Impressive performance and a fantastic win, I got a huge joy from beating that idiot BR's team (over-rated manager) who has caused great harm to LFC when he was a manager.

All the players have put a great shift . It is great times to see LFC team doing so well and we are so proud of our beloved LFC.

Good luck lads on Sunday.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:27 pm

That wasn't a win it was more of a statement, as was the last half an hour in Salzburg, I haven't got Amazon prime so I only listened to it on the radio but it sounded like it was our best performance of the season.
I have never really been 100% convinced about this team, don't get me wrong they have won the CL and racked up 97 points so they are obviously very, very good but it's a team that always seems to just do enough, we win a hell of a lot a games without looking that convincing, last years CL final being a good example.
Listening to the commentators on the radio waxing lyrical about us last night though reminded me of the Liverpool teams I watched when I was growing up, when there was a game that really needed winning, when our backs were to the wall, Liverpool were famous for not just scraping through but for turning up big time. We were renowned the world over for it.
Over the last 8 months, whilst there have been big wins where we haven't been at our best (CL final, City at home etc) there has been an increasing number of times where we have turned up when it was really needed (Barca, last night etc).
Then it suddenly dawned on me, those great sides of yesteryear didn't just throw a switch and become machines over night, I was too young to remember the 60's, the 70's were more my era so in a sense I came into the story halfway through, I grew up watching a club that had already developed the winning mentality, last night I got the feeling that I was watching something I missed out on first time around, I got the feeling I was looking into a sort of footballing supernova where instead of stars and galaxies a footballing dynasty was being formed. We are looking at a team, and a club, learning how to be great again.
Then I realised that perfection I've been looking for out of this team isn't going to happen now, that's going to happen further down the road, every time I throw my arms up in exasperation and ask why we aren't dominating the midfield against Man City well the answer is because Naby Keita is still only 24 not 28 and Trent is still at right back learning his trade, we arent yet a footballing machine that has won title after title and knows instinctively how to win, this team is closer to those early 60's pathfinders than the serial silverware collectors of the 70's and 80's.
Last night it dawned on me that we are only at the beginning, the best is yet to come.
Oh, and Jurgen Klopp is the 21st century version of Bill Shankly.
Proud of the lads last night.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:41 pm

I think it’s more of Jurgen learning his lessons from the previous seasons...one year he played the first team in every game and by Christmas we were caught short handed and ran out of steam the entire Jan & Feb. Then last season he did tweak with the lineup a whole lot more to fans displeasure, but we navigated our packed Christmas schedules a lot better but yet we lost ground during Jan/Feb when we started to draw games when sitting on a lead...probably from players exhaustion (?) or a lack of backups when we lost a certain players.

I reckoned Klopp have now added game management mentality into this team and as a result we are much more comfortable sitting on a one goal lead, as well as the mentality monster mindset where we will drive teams to a point of exhaustion then go for the kill when they started to make mistakes late on, which see us winning games and scoring a crazy amount of late goals.

Just my observations seeing the gradual progression and solidarity of this team that Jurgen have so carefully curated...and don’t discount the heavy influence of a certain Pepijn Linjders in the make up of this team as well

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Yakka you’re entitled to your opinion. Forgive me for thinking that you are talking a lot of sentimental rubbish. Maybe you are trying to justify all the negative glass half empty ***** that you elude to on a regular basis.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Seeing some footage of LCFC fans holding phones up with images of the S*n. Crass, tasteless and offensive. Not indicative of all of the fans surely, but they should be identified and dealt with accordingly.
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:27 pm wrote:That wasn't a win it was more of a statement, as was the last half an hour in Salzburg, I haven't got Amazon prime so I only listened to it on the radio but it sounded like it was our best performance of the season.
I have never really been 100% convinced about this team, don't get me wrong they have won the CL and racked up 97 points so they are obviously very, very good but it's a team that always seems to just do enough, we win a hell of a lot a games without looking that convincing, last years CL final being a good example.
Listening to the commentators on the radio waxing lyrical about us last night though reminded me of the Liverpool teams I watched when I was growing up, when there was a game that really needed winning, when our backs were to the wall, Liverpool were famous for not just scraping through but for turning up big time. We were renowned the world over for it.
Over the last 8 months, whilst there have been big wins where we haven't been at our best (CL final, City at home etc) there has been an increasing number of times where we have turned up when it was really needed (Barca, last night etc).
Then it suddenly dawned on me, those great sides of yesteryear didn't just throw a switch and become machines over night, I was too young to remember the 60's, the 70's were more my era so in a sense I came into the story halfway through, I grew up watching a club that had already developed the winning mentality, last night I got the feeling that I was watching something I missed out on first time around, I got the feeling I was looking into a sort of footballing supernova where instead of stars and galaxies a footballing dynasty was being formed. We are looking at a team, and a club, learning how to be great again.
Then I realised that perfection I've been looking for out of this team isn't going to happen now, that's going to happen further down the road, every time I throw my arms up in exasperation and ask why we aren't dominating the midfield against Man City well the answer is because Naby Keita is still only 24 not 28 and Trent is still at right back learning his trade, we arent yet a footballing machine that has won title after title and knows instinctively how to win, this team is closer to those early 60's pathfinders than the serial silverware collectors of the 70's and 80's.
Last night it dawned on me that we are only at the beginning, the best is yet to come.

It dawned on others a lot quicker hence why it was quite staggered the level of negativity you aimed towards the team - you had no issues waxing lyrically about Rafa’s team or Rodgers team when it was clear to most this team outstripped both considerably and they were showing it week in week out - remember all the hissy fits during the summer because Fernandes wasn’t bought ? Or other players

Maybe you will now see what 99% of people have seen for the past 2 years.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:27 pm wrote:That wasn't a win it was more of a statement, as was the last half an hour in Salzburg, I haven't got Amazon prime so I only listened to it on the radio but it sounded like it was our best performance of the season.

It dawned on others a lot quicker hence why it was quite staggered the level of negativity you aimed towards the team - you had no issues waxing lyrically about Rafa’s team or Rodgers team when it was clear to most this team outstripped both considerably and they were showing it week in week out - remember all the hissy fits during the summer because Fernandes wasn’t bought ? Or other players

Maybe you will now see what 99% of people have seen for the past 2 years.

You need a mulled wine or six, mate...
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:43 pm

Let's not get too revisionist, my main criticisms revolved around the MF, particularly when Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum were our regular midfield. I said they weren't good enough to be a title winning midfield and I stand by that statement, i don't think it's a coincidence that we have improved as that particular MF unit has played less and less.
As for whinging about Fernandes, I was the one who kopped flak for saying said he looked shyte, I did whinge about us not signing anyone generally because I believe clubs should always look to strengthen, no team is the finished article, we certainly aren't now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:02 pm

City down to 10 after 10mins fwiw...Ederson gets the red panty

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games