Man Utd V Liverpool Sun/20/10 KO @16.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:27 pm

2 lost pts. Just a garbage performance. Says everything that Lallana had more movement and energy today than the regulars.
City will be celebrating as will Manure now that thev've sabotaged for us. Mission accomplished.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:27 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:25 pm wrote:Did we really have 14 fouls to their 6? Was that the Atkinson factor?

Ref was pretty awful really, played to the crowd
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:27 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:26 pm wrote:That was painful. But we didn't lose and we go on.

What's worse is that the winning streak ends at the home of the army of darkness!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Robbie Savage : "The first half was very tight. VAR had a huge part to play but both decisions were right."

I don't agree that the foul on Origi wasn't a foul.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Boocity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:26 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 pm wrote:1-1 Winning run comes to an end...United will be celebrating this as a big win for them now.

We only have ourselves to blame, just don't seem to be able to turn it on after a break and Salah missing didn't help

We had a lot of possession but nothing comes from it. Trent and Robbo's crosses were pissed poor, nothing much came from Mane and Bobby all day. Gini goes hiding after the first 10~15mins and the less say about Hendo the better. Collective brain fart we definitely don't deserved the 3 points
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:33 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:30 pm wrote:Robbie Savage : "The first half was very tight. VAR had a huge part to play but both decisions were right."

TBH compared to some of the fouls he was giving to Utd it definitely was.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm

Boocity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:27 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:25 pm wrote:Did we really have 14 fouls to their 6? Was that the Atkinson factor?

Ref was pretty awful really, played to the crowd

Which will ALWAYS be the case playing at the dump...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:30 pm wrote:Robbie Savage : "The first half was very tight. VAR had a huge part to play but both decisions were right."

From VAR pov, Origi seems to have gone down far too easily
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:36 pm

P---  poor performance... the mentality giants tag has well and truly been shown to be waaayyy too premature.

We have a mental block at Old Toilet that is akin to the blue ***** when they play us. Until we go there and actually play FOOTBALL for 90 mins we are not going to deserve that tag. Aimlessly hoofing the ball around like a league 1 side is an appalling display.

Mentality giants win their biggest match of the season, especially when you have a record on the line..YOU DO NOT ALLOW this shower to end such a record-period.

We had no heart and no desire in the first half and ..a non -existent captain who should have been relieved of his duties a year ago.

Second half was a little better but how many chances did we create?

If any of Mane, Mo and Bobby are out for a few weeks never mind months we will get overhauled by City.
Today was clear evidence that we SHOULD have bought a back up to the front three- Origi is not the answer, his key goals last season notwithstanding.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:52 pm

We didn’t lose. Forget the ref and VAR. We were pool except for the last 10 minutes. I’ll take the point and move on.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:12 pm

Just seen the replays of that foul on Origi on Bein, It was definitely a foul, he was kicked in the  back of the calf
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:40 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:30 pm wrote:Robbie Savage : "The first half was very tight. VAR had a huge part to play but both decisions were right."

I was driving so i listened to the first half of radio. Man it was hard listening to Sawage..

Anyhow back to the game poor performance from us. Tbh i had a slight feeling it will be like this. We need more creativity in the middle or maybe someone who can rotate with Mane/Salah.
2 points dropped imo but oh well keeps them lot happy lol. Well at least it keeps Ole at the wheel for a wee bit longer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:27 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:26 pm wrote:That was painful. But we didn't lose and we go on.

What's worse is that the winning streak ends at the home of the army of darkness!

It's sh!t, I admit. But I take comfort from the fact that we've bought Wally more time at the wheel. They will probably lose against Norwich next week.

What does need addressing, however, is the need for a 4th attacking player.  Origi (the legend) isn't a wide man and we need to sign someone (young and upcoming) who can come in.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:09 pm

That was an awful display from us today and you just knew we had it in us to not show up.

As bad as Mo has been of late we really needed him there. Origi is a poor starter and really struggled today with the basics, His control and passing was atrocious at times. He was fouled but didn't help himself by going to ground like a ton of spuds. Henderson wide right was a joke and he was the worst player on the pitch. Absolutely baffled as to why Klopp made that choice as it was never going to work. Bobby was poor also and looked like he had the strength of a 5 year old girl with his powderpuff efforts at goal and lack of awareness on the ball. I don't think either of those 3 should have started that game.

That is the worst Manure team in donkeys years and yet they made us look really poor just because of a bit of organisation and desire to get something from the game. We created sweet F.A in fairness and were more than happy to go sideways and backwards before humping it to nothing. What is the point in hoofing it to Mane anyway when he is 5ft nothing up against the likes of Maguire. We just hand away possession in those situations despite being further up the pitch and in a better position before we started giving it backwards. Absolutely crying out for a bit of creativity we are.

Atkinson was terrible. Gave them absolutely everything he did and Var is just total bollox. If it wasn't a foul on Origi then why didn't he get a yellow for diving. I do think he went down easy but still it was a foul so him not getting it just makes Var look pathetic.

Anyway gutted that we lost our winning run against them because of how bad they are but equally annoyed at the performance we put in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Boocity:
"Charlie Nicolas is an absolute joke at doing predictions, City have just come off a defeat at home to Wolves, have a dodgy defence and he predicts 5-1 to City and of course the usual for us, he is desperate for us to drop points, almost every week he predicts a draw or loss for us and he has gone with a 1-1 this week as he reckons Utd's 'Desire' will push them on to get a draw. Bring back Merson, he was bad enough but at least he was only bias towards Arsenal as you would expect."
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games