Taiyo Awoniyi Mainz- 450k fee
Nathaniel Phillips VfB Stuttgart
Ovie Ejaria Reading

Total- 4.68m

NET= +£33.95
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 am

I'm staggered how we didn't build on our success of 18/19 by strengthening the depth of our squad. Not saying to buy a stand out player, but the support players we've all known we needed last season. I see after the U23's lost to Spurs 0-4 last night that the Echo are calling Brewster 'work in progress'. Just seems very short sighted.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Looks like they were battered too. Not a good sign
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Penguins » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:57 am

No, no, no.
Brewster is the second coming...
Need to keep up the narrative here!
Say after me:
We don't need anyone, we have the perfect team. Ox is like a new signing. Can't get better depth than Lallana...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 am

Penguins » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:57 am wrote:No, no, no.
Say after me:
We don't need anyone, we have the perfect team. Ox is like a new signing. Can't get better depth than Lallana...

Getting boring as f*ck now
The season has started , the window has closed and we have started nicely - no point continuing to cry because our world class manager didn’t do what you wanted
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:39 am wrote:
Penguins » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:57 am wrote:No, no, no.
Say after me:

Getting boring as f*ck now
The season has started , the window has closed and we have started nicely - no point continuing to cry because our world class manager didn’t do what you wanted

Not over yet Lallana, we might still sell more players like Lovren and deplete our squad even further.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Do we really need Lovren? Even with Gomez's injury last season, he played less than 1000 mins. And for a £100k a week defender, that's poor value.

I agree with klopp on this one, a youth player should be our 4th choice defender.  Not a 30 year old guy on a mega contract.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:52 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 pm wrote:Do we really need Lovren? Even with Gomez's injury last season, he played less than 1000 mins. And for a £100k a week defender, that's poor value.

I agree with klopp on this one, a youth player should be our 4th choice defender.  Not a 30 year old guy on a mega contract.

Just don't get this attitude.

"a 30 year old guy on a mega contract"

30 is hardly old for a defender, and £100k a week for someone of his experience in the top flight isn't an extortionate wage.

Injury to any of the preferred back four could have major repercussions.

EG. TAA gets a knock, let's assume Gomez fills in at RB, Matip steps in at CB but what if he's not available ?

We signed f*ck all this summer, unless you're an accountant right now the wage bill is the last thing you should be concerned about .  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 pm wrote:Do we really need Lovren? Even with Gomez's injury last season, he played less than 1000 mins. And for a £100k a week defender, that's poor value.

Just don't get this attitude.

"a 30 year old guy on a mega contract"

30 is hardly old for a defender, and £100k a week for someone of his experience in the top flight isn't an extortionate wage.

Injury to any of the preferred back four could have major repercussions.

EG. TAA gets a knock, let's assume Gomez fills in at RB, Matip steps in at CB but what if he's not available ?

We signed f*ck all this summer, unless you're an accountant right now the wage bill is the last thing you should be concerned about .  :kungfu:

Thing is, Lovren isn't good enough though, is he? And if he's unhappy (which I'm assuming he is) then it's no point keeping him around.

Even when Gomez and Matip were injured last season, Klopp pushed Fabinho into defence. And he clearly thinks we have enough cover with Fab, Matip, VVD and Gomez. We also have Van den Berg and Hoever, who both will benefit massively by training and playing alongside VVD. I think we'll be fine, with one of the young lads breaking through.

Could we do with another attacker? Maybe, but Klopp will always wait until the player(s) he wants are available. And that's fine by me, because I don't think I've ever trusted a manager as much as I've trusted Klopp.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Lovren is going nowhere now...turns out Roma only wanted him on loan and were using a third-party to negotiate it.  Sounds a tad shady to me  ???
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-mohamed-salah-transfer-messi-16762450?fbclid=IwAR1LqZRavmvFf5M_4ERtVvbJ_gksAedoqBXGHEauvnIMR05qyA4MdfWzHZQ

The value of our squad has rocketed and it is down to Klopp. 5 players are valued over 100 million and we never paid 100 million for a single player. We really need to trust the man’s judgement.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Donavan Ried » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:00 pm

This is how I see it...I know both Lallana and AOC have scored recently but they both offer so little in terms of what they bring to the team by way of consistency, goals attacking play and end product that I believe we should move them both on.

Yeah people will point out that they have both scored recently, and yes I acknowledge that, and yes the have both been injured but even before that they both seemed to offer so little in terms of goals and end product. We have Harry Wilson who seems to offer more by way of end product and goals than both the Ox and Lallana and we should be definitely be look to sign the Salzburg Lad Takumi Minamino; great feet  and end product...We should also move on Xherdan Shaqiri

We also need a striker, a replacement for Divock Origi, someone that offers a bit more in the way of consistency and attacking prowess and can chip in with more regular goals than Origi. Someone like Wilfred Zaha who can play any where across the front three

We could be playing as many as 60 games this season or even next so any strike we bring in can get as many as 45 starts so long as he can play in more than one position up front. This would allow us to rest all of the front three giving all of our strikers 15 fewer games  a season. Zaha would minimize the drop off in performance compered to playing Origi and would also be easier to please than most strikers as we can give him the CL football he wants
Donavan Ried
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:21 pm

Donavan Ried » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:00 pm wrote:This is how I see it...I know both Lallana and AOC have scored recently but they both offer so little in terms of what they bring to the team by way of consistency, goals attacking play and end product that I believe we should move them both on.

Yeah people will point out that they have both scored recently, and yes I acknowledge that, and yes the have both been injured but even before that they both seemed to offer so little in terms of goals and end product. We have Harry Wilson who seems to offer more by way of end product and goals than both the Ox and Lallana and we should be definitely be look to sign the Salzburg Lad Takumi Minamino; great feet  and end product...We should also move on Xherdan Shaqiri

We also need a striker, a replacement for Divock Origi, someone that offers a bit more in the way of consistency and attacking prowess and can chip in with more regular goals than Origi. Someone like Wilfred Zaha who can play any where across the front three

We could be playing as many as 60 games this season or even next so any strike we bring in can get as many as 45 starts so long as he can play in more than one position up front. This would allow us to rest all of the front three giving all of our strikers 15 fewer games  a season. Zaha would minimize the drop off in performance compered to playing Origi and would also be easier to please than most strikers as we can give him the CL football he wants

I can't see the club moving on the likes of AOC and Divock who if I recall correctly both signed lengthy contract extensions this summer. Wouldn't surprise me to see Shaq leave though, he's barely had a look in and must be getting frustrated at his lack of opportunities. Infact it wouldn't surprise me if he left as soon as January.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Donavan Ried wrote:This is how I see it...I know both Lallana and AOC have scored recently but they both offer so little in terms of what they bring to the team by way of consistency, goals attacking play and end product that I believe we should move them both on.

What worries me about Ox and Lallana is their injury records. I do think Ox has something to contribute as an goal scoring midfielder so unless we improve on him significantly I would hold on. Lallana is out of contract in the summer and I dont think we should be offering him another.

Shaq will want out soon enough as he is getting very little minutes. Not sure if his limited gametime is related to injuries  or Klopp just preferring someone else but he doesn't look comfortable when played.

Origi gets played as a winger when he is the only recognised striker in the team. He will never fulfil his potential out there and it's worse when you see us lumping balls down the middle at Mane or Salah. Origi should be central everytime where he would benefit from having wingers either side which is what Mane and Salah are. Still if we could sign a better option then we should go for it.

Not sure about Zaha though and if we were shopping in Salzburg then I'd prefer Haaland as he knows where the net is and we would benefit from having someone who doesn't need multiple chances to score.

Anyway I reckon we will have movement this summer as we will cash in on either Mane or Salah or possibly both.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Why on earth would we cash in on Mane or Salah?  :Oo:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion