Fabinho

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Not one of those clamoring for Fabinho to play CB at Brighton,he did well against Wolves but Brighton will provide a much greater threat in the air than he had to contend with the other night,other than those reservations I'm loath to lose one of our best midfielders for a stint at CB. Hoping ' fingers crossed' either Matip or Gomez are fit enough to slot in beside Van Djik if only to play Fabinho in the position he belongs.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 pm

Fabinho is the only option to play at CB - Matip will be back next week and Gomez plus Lovren back the week after - Fabinho will be there. Midfield will be fine with Hendo and Gini
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 pm wrote:Very Van Dijk-like there tonight.
Well impressed with his performance
:buttrock

Even when he went flying into the tackle and was miles away out of position for their first goal ?

It was the sort of thing Lovren for example gets pelters for

Looks like youve got it bad mate...
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:32 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 pm wrote:Very Van Dijk-like there tonight.
Well impressed with his performance
:buttrock

Even when he went flying into the tackle and was miles away out of position for their first goal ?

It was the sort of thing Lovren for example gets pelters for

Got what bad ? Fabinho made a crucial error that ended up with the first goal - you are normally very critical of players making a mistake - I’m just surprised you yourself didn’t pick it up - or just wearing blinkers at that time
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 am

There were three errors that were made that led to their winning goal and had just one of those errors had not been committed then probably the goal is not scored.

1st error was obviously from Milner’s awful and stupid pass, absolutely did not need to try that, it was the main error and speaks for itself.

2nd error was Fabinho saw we were in trouble and lunged in. Problem for me here is if you lunge in and you are the last man, which he was, then take out the player and take the yellow card as what will happen is it is a straight run to the goal. I don’t really have a problem with Fabinho’s need to make amends from Milner’s poor pass but knowing he was the last man he should not have taken himself out of the play while leaving the opposition still on his feet.

3rd error for me was schoolboy stuff as Milner, now the last defender since Fabinho took himself out, did not run to the ball putting pressure but merely ran back to space allowing them time.

Although Fab lunged in, you cannot blame him for the goal as he was hung out to dry by Milner’s terrible pass. He should never have lunged in without taking out the man though since he was the last man and he should know better. Blame is Milner’s for the goal.

This was how I remembered it and I saw it once. I tried to watch it again but all videos online seem to be inaccessible to me due to copyright restrictions.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:36 am

If you are the last man and you commit a professional foul, it's a red mate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 am

[quote="[url=https://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1307311#p1307311]Lallana
:nod[/quote]

Got what bad ? Fabinho made a crucial error that ended up with the first goal - you are normally very critical of players making a mistake - I’m just surprised you yourself didn’t pick it up - or just wearing blinkers at that time[/quote]

Wtf??? it was all on Milner..Fab made a desperate lunge and missed..Its also pretty obvious where you as are coming from...Hendo lover
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Considering he was thrown in the deep end I think he did well.
For their first, Milner lost possession in the centre circle and then ran away from the ball until he fell over
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:25 pm

maguskwt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:36 am wrote:If you are the last man and you commit a professional foul, it's a red mate...

He was on the halfway line and Milner was still in play, he never would have got a red IMO
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 pm

kazza » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:36 am wrote:If you are the last man and you commit a professional foul, it's a red mate...

He was on the halfway line and Milner was still in play, he never would have got a red IMO

Just did some research mate and found out that they did some changes to the red card rule in 2016 for the last man situation and it is no longer an automatic red card so you may be right...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:35 pm wrote:Considering he was thrown in the deep end I think he did well.
For their first, Milner lost possession in the centre circle and then ran away from the ball until he fell over

:laugh: that’s about it
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Absolute class today,his ball for Milner for Salah's goal was Gerrardesque ,composed throughout and totally dominated the midfield,an absolute class act.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:12 pm wrote:Absolute class today,his ball for Milner for Salah's goal was Gerrardesque ,composed throughout and totally dominated the midfield,an absolute class act.

I agree, Fabinho has everything required to develop into a world-class midfielder.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:35 pm

Any update on his injury?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:44 pm

Growing into a key player for us. Has been a slow burner but it looks like it's going to be worth it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion