How low have we sunk! - How the mighty have fallen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Poolinc. » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:46 pm

:angry: It has been a long time since I've posted, having vowed that while Houllier remains in charge, I would not do so! However, I feel I have to, as we are now accepting the possibility of finishing 4th as some sort of achievement. Have I gone completely mad? This is Liverpool F.C. we are talking about. A team that should be challenging Real Madrid and the Italians for European dominance. We have slipped so far that even the English title is no longer considered a remote possibility. Houllier professes to "love" the 'Pool and have their best interests at heart. I say "Prove it!" Go, Leave, Get out, Resign, Quit, Take a hike!
He is incapable of bringing us where we should be. Martin O'Neill is the man who can. We need him now, not at the end of the season, when Owen might be gone (and who would blame him?) or even worse, we might lose Stevie G! I shudder to think of the ramifications should we lose these two! We have waited too long and been too patient.
We demand to be brought back to the pinacle of English and European football. We are Liverpool F.C. enough said!!!
Poolinc.

Postby Brightonscouse » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:12 pm

Whilst I appreciate the need for genuine Liverpool fans to vent their spleens regarding the current situation we find ourselves in ( ie:- not settling for second best but settling for fourth best). MARTIN O'NEILL never was and never will be the man to take us forward, back to the place where we are consistently challenging the likes of the Scum , Arsene Whingers, and Chelski for the Prem title.

If GH goes then Rushie/Thommo and Sammy must be the new management/coaching team...back to basics.
Those three epitomise all that LFC are about.
Brightonscouse

Postby Poolinc. » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:21 pm

While the "old boot room" policy of promoting from within served us well decades ago, it will no longer do so. The game has moved on and changed completely from the halcyon days of Shanks and Paisley. If our methods remain rooted in the past then we will fall further and futher behind. We can only emulate the past by embracing the modern methods. Let Thomo and Sammy and Rushie pose for photos with the tourists in the trophy room. We must go forward. We must get O'Neill! The Liverpool way must now be the modern way!
Poolinc.

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:25 pm

Brightonscouse you must be joking lee rush and thommo are nothing more than hangers on. f##k tradition and bring in oneill
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redlester » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:49 pm

I'm with you all the way - couldn't have put it better myself. And if the board are reading this then they should be ashamed that there are genuine fans out there who are so disgusted that they have withdrawn their support - I'm like you Poolinc - I couldn't even bring myself to follow the Reds table position. Altho I see now that we have rizen to the dizzy heights of a precarious 6th place - 6th? ???? and one more poor result could see us confined for the rest of the season to a mid table 10th or 11th - in which case a Champions League spot would be success indeed. 2 factors are in play - 1. resources - and GH has had those at his disposal and squandered them and 2. the manager. I rest my case. Brinn in Martin O'Neill - and do it now - he just might be able to persuade Owen and Gerrard that its worth hanging around.
Redlester

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion