LIVERPOOL v Leicester ASIA TROPHY FINAL KO 1.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 pm

I don't know about you lads but with just 3 weeks to go before the start of the season I reckon we could do with giving our best XI a few runs outs to iron out any creases that might be there. With a massive, possibly season defining CL qualifier quickly looming up on the horizon I can't help but wonder why the young lads and fringe players getting so much game time.
I'm hoping our best XI (or at least something resembling it) gets at least 45 minutes tomorrow, imagine all that effort we put in last year being flushed down the s[hitt]er because we were undercooked in the qualifier.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:24 am

Should be a good game, looking forward to it. Yeah i think Klopp will more or less field a strong xi but will shuffle around 2nd half.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:36 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 pm wrote:I don't know about you lads but with just 3 weeks to go before the start of the season I reckon we could do with giving our best XI a few runs outs to iron out any creases that might be there. With a massive, possibly season defining CL qualifier quickly looming up on the horizon I can't help but wonder why the young lads and fringe players getting so much game time.
I'm hoping our best XI (or at least something resembling it) gets at least 45 minutes tomorrow, imagine all that effort we put in last year being flushed down the s[hitt]er because we were undercooked in the qualifier.

:nod , I'd like to see our 1st eleven (or as close as possible to it) given a proper run out for this one.
I do feel that fans who spend small fortunes on travel to attend these pre season games are often short changed in the overall quality of the "team" we put out.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Really good game so far, very competitive, deffo a cut above the usual tepid pre-season "friendlies.

Super goal from Coutinho as he cuts inside from the left and fires in one of his trademark torpedoes into the far corner of the net.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Good pre-season game and title :) ....But it looks like more of the same...Super effective attacking game and same weakness on defense....
Salah is a great signing...He and Mane will drive Anti-dizziness drugs sales through the roof...
No surprise we need a quality CB and Defensive MF...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Very good game. The lack of interest on here is absolutely amazing.  Admittedly I have given up on the transfer thread because the journalistic rumour mongers generally speaking are a complete waste of space and I really can't be bothered giving their garbage the time of day.  Anyway back to the game. Thought in parts we played extremely well and the assist and goal from Coutinho were brilliant. No doubt Barcelona representatives took note!! Salah  looks as if he is going to be a handful and his pace is going to be a real benefit to our style of play. Would  have liked to have seen more from Danny but at the end of the day I suppose that Danny's game.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:15 pm

I wish we could take those fans with us back to anfield....they're the type of people who will get behind the team whether we're winning or losing! I think the new season is going to start off like the last.....quick out of the blocks. Whether we can sustain that and not collapse by xmas depends on who else we bring in. Defence is a priority!
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:47 pm

only me » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:02 pm wrote:Good pre-season game and title :) ....But it looks like more of the same...Super effective attacking game and same weakness on defense....
Salah is a great signing...He and Mane will drive Anti-dizziness drugs sales through the roof...
No surprise we need a quality CB and Defensive MF...

Yep, it looks like Salah and Coutinho are operating on the same wavelength already and they've only played a matter of minutes together. Once Mane is back we will cause a lot of teams a lot of problems.
You're right about us looking vulnerable at the back as well. Hopefully the acquisition of Robertson and Van Dijk (fingers crossed) will go some way to addressing that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:59 am

Im impressed with Salah so far, looking very good. That assist to salah was exquisite, great goal.
Couts thunderbolt was typical of him.
By the way we won a trophy :D. If Maureen adds the charity shield then why not add this one. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:10 am

Good entertaining game to watch, agree with the other posters as we did look good offensively but a little unsure defensively. I thought Jordan looked good and I hope he can stay injury free as he is solid when fully fit. Overall a good runout for all players.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games