Are they ready? - French kids to feature next season?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Are they ready? - French kids to feature next season?

Reserves (Play season in reserves)
11%
Squad (Limited substitute appearences)
67%
Team (Regulars in first team)
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby LFC4EVA » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:07 am

Given the performances in recent pre-season friendlies, What role do you think Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Simana-Pongolle should play for Liverpool next season?
'Football is not a matter of life and death, Its more important than that'
LFC4EVA

Postby AHAK » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:26 pm

Ive watched a couple of the pre season games and things looked to have changed slightly which is good.  For a start houlier has got the midfield and the stikers pressing the ball when the opposition defenders are in position...this never happend at all last season and if we continue to try and play more in the oppos half we will score much more goals and should play much better footy.

the two lads?...they look great! if rooney is ready then le tallec definately is. pongolle looks like he needs a bit more time but the other lad oooozes class.  I'd have the kid le tellac over murphy any day of the week!
AHAK

Postby AHAK » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:27 pm

le tallec over the shitbag DIouf as well......£10 bloody million??!!    :0  :angry:
AHAK

Postby ROBtheRED » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:19 pm

AGREED - IF HE'S GOOD ENOUGH HE'S OLD ENOUGH!

WILL WE EVER HAVE A SIDE AS GOOD AS THIS LOT AGAIN? ?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:19 pm

i think we have to be verrrrrry patient about the french lads-- i just don't understand getting all these young players from a crummy league and expect them to be better than a comparable engish player-- where is the junior team products like before??

concerns-- i've watched all the games with the evil trolls from manchester on the us tour and boy do they look good or bad for everyone else-- they look better without becks -- so they're the target but they will not be beat with kids-- we need more proven english talent
vlady16.1

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:31 pm

Im not convinced over either player. If Le Tallac was that good he would be running out in front of the Kop and not for some average French outfit. As for Pongolle I think performances to date speak for themselves. The lad has done absolutely nothing. The only saving grace is we signed them cheap as youngsters so no financial loss here.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:34 pm

I think they cost us around 5m.

Still early days, although both players admit that their careers have stalled.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:42 pm

im not sure about le tallec he seem a tad arroganace after scoring the winner against wrexham in the team he demanded to be in the starting lineup. when he knows there's a new manger wether you scored the winner or not u did nothink last season and scoring a goal against wrexham doesn't make you a better player. as for pongolle he needs to improve his first touch maybe we should loan him out as his not ever gonna get a chnace unless someone is injuryed.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:47 pm

£5 million pounds  ???  Not money well spent. I thought we got them cheaper than that and wish we had. Houllier was so fond of recruting these lads early and trying to turn them into top class players. Unfortunately they never made the grade. Its no risk if you get them real cheap but if we paid out 5 million here we certainly have not had any return on the investment yet. Theres still a glimmer of hope perhaps but the lights fading fast on these two Im afraid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:05 pm

I'd like to see Pongolle get a chance up front now that Cisse's out of the picture.

As for Le Tallec, after he got off to a rocket in pre-season, I was stunned when he was loaned out.

Bottom line - they need to be thrown in at the deep end. Warnock got his chance, took it and now he's in the first team picture. Benitez needs to be similarly brave with the French lads.
ivor_the_injun

Postby the great one » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:07 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I'd like to see Pongolle get a chance up front now that Cisse's out of the picture.

As for Le Tallec, after he got off to a rocket in pre-season, I was stunned when he was loaned out.

Bottom line - they need to be thrown in at the deep end. Warnock got his chance, took it and now he's in the first team picture. Benitez needs to be similarly brave with the French lads.

but warnock was thrown in the deep end against olymiapakos good player but not expereince throwing them in against tough european ties is a risk.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Yes, there comes a time with young players where they simply need to be played. At the moment we are not exactly flush with top class fit players, so the younger guys should start getting run outs, particulalry in the cup game against Boro.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:25 pm

Arsenals kids beat everton 3-1 some young french kids aswell, why where all of ours flops  ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:04 am

i think we need to bring le tallec back as benitez sees him as a forward which were short of. id like to think he can do for ALT what hes doing for traore and biscan (sorry.....IGOR)
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Return to Football Related Polls