Todays game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:50 pm

A real gut wrenching defeat at the hands of an ugly and distasteful team. A knockout blow from another set piece. Benitez reckoned we dominated and where unlucky. We did everything but score. This striker situation is so frustrating as we would be winning this kinda game with good finishers. Damn  :Oo:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:36 pm

you's all talking rubbish, remember today, we had no cisse and no baros, and pongolle and garcia aren't exactly strikers are they? i wouldnt' get carried away with this defeat, the team is rebuilding, and mistakes are goin to happen until the manager makes his stamp on the team, it was a poor result but you ca't blame the players for the effort, they were unlucky espeically with teh ball kicked off the line and they dominated the game, but you should look at the good points as well as the bad, its no good saying fantastic great performance when we win and ****** performance if we lose, a supporter will be sensible about it and realise this is just the start of the revolution, can't expect us to win every match
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:43 pm

good point mrcool2003, well said, a disappointing result nonetheless - 1 point from a possible 6. :(
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:55 pm

1 point out of possible 6? If you coun't the first easy fixture after Fulham it would be Charlton so it is 4 out of 9 counting today's game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:19 am

yeh ok, don't be so pedantic A.B. . I was just including the last 2 games.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:37 am

yeh ok, don't be so pedantic A.B. . I was just including the last 2 games.

No I'm not being pedantic just trying not to be negative.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:07 am

I am not really sure why rafa sent la tellac on loan instead on pongolle. Pongolle's 1st touch is awful. If he does not improve it, he will never make it at this level....

did la tellac have any bust-up with the new team ?

Anyway, we lost becos we had no striker who could hold up the ball.......  FCUKING uefa, why did they implement the stupid transfer guidelines in the 1st place..... :angry: . I am sure rafa would have bought/loan a stiker immediately after cisse injury. Now must wait until jan.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc4life » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:37 am

We need to get back to goal scoring ways! Consistency is key to a successful season. No matter how well we play, we must put that ball in the back of the net! :angry:
lfc4life

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:02 pm

The_Rock wrote:did la tellac have any bust-up with the new team ?

If I recalled correctly, he had a run-in with the gaffa, demanding a starting XI place after a couple of good display. Next we know, he was farmed out on loan as he is considered a surplus then. You're right, FSP's first touch let him down and he seems a bit light weight. Should have use his speed more, that's his asset. I am gonna have patience with him for a while and I am sure Rafa would have pointed out his weakness.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:56 pm

With pongolle playing up front u really have to knock it on for him to exploit his pace and run on to.  Having said that, it isn't too easy for those in the middle of the park to play the ball when the movement isn't there.  His touch yesterday was shocking, if you keep on playing it at pace to his feet, I'm afraid your are gonna concede possession every time.

I hope the lad comes good for all our sakes, he has proven in the past with the ball at his feet running he can get defenders to commit themselves and make mistakes, lets hope rafa can work the some of his spanish magic on him.
Jari's mullet

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:47 pm

He looks far short of the finished article, i dont think we have time to wait that long.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion