Referee Beheaded After Killing Player

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:12 pm

An amateur football match in Brazil led to two deaths as a referee was beheaded by spectators after he had stabbed a player.

The shocking incidents occurred in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday. According to reports, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu.

Dos Santos Abreu is believed to have struck the referee after questioning a decision. In retaliation, Jordao da Silva stabbed the player.

Having witnessed the incident, an outraged group of spectators turned on the referee. He was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. Police are searching for two more suspects.

Valter Costa is handling the case and, in a statement, he said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."

:0  :0  WTF? That's not the kind of publicity they want with the WC14 looming.

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?p=2090245
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:16 pm

I suppose it makes DiCanio pushing a ref over quite tame
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 pm wrote:An amateur football match in Brazil led to two deaths as a referee was beheaded by spectators after he had stabbed a player.

The shocking incidents occurred in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday. According to reports, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu.

Dos Santos Abreu is believed to have struck the referee after questioning a decision. In retaliation, Jordao da Silva stabbed the player.

Having witnessed the incident, an outraged group of spectators turned on the referee. He was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. Police are searching for two more suspects.

Valter Costa is handling the case and, in a statement, he said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."

:0  :0  WTF? That's not the kind of publicity they want with the WC14 looming.

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?p=2090245

And an Olympic games too!

This is shocking stuff. The video and pics are gruesome.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm

seems like the guardian is running that story also.
the video in the link is terrible but the pictures look to be fake, the first one looks like its in a jungle and the other guy that was pictured dismembered isnt the same one in the video. the guy in the vid was wearing blue shorts and the pictured one in jeans  :suspect:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jdanfield » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I read about this at the time. INSANE
This is Anfield
jdanfield
LFC newBie

Return to General Chat Forum