Paralympics - REAL heroes...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Not sure if anyone is planning to watch any of the Paralympics, but what I have watched in the past has been truly humbling.
These are real heroes, overcoming such adversity to achieve monumental things in their lives. It puts an awful lot into perspective.
Good luck to all competing in it - I salute you all.
Bungle
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:10 am

bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm wrote:Not sure if anyone is planning to watch any of the Paralympics, but what I have watched in the past has been truly humbling.
These are real heroes, overcoming such adversity to achieve monumental things in their lives. It puts an awful lot into perspective.
Bungle

I havent seen any of this but I did plan to. I find it funny how all the adulation, all the pride of being british, all the sickening hypocrisy relating to the Olympics are totally lost with regards to the paralympics. THIS is where the pride is. THIS is where the real work is, and this is where ZERO recognition exists.

Good luck to all our lads and lasses.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:26 am

they have been great...strange seeing my mate on tv all the time. (Danny Crates)
shame he is not running but just working on c4.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Good luck to them but personally I'm not remotely interested, especially when I see stuff like this.

Pistorius claims Brazilian champion Alan Oliveira had longer prosthetic blades that gave him greater stride length

Race analysis suggests superior leg speed rather than stride length was key to upset

F'uck me they're not complaining about drug abuse, instead they're moaning about the advantage another "athlete" gained from the use of superior screw on limbs !. What next ? F1 type testing to ensure wheelchairs are all within certain parameters ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

this is the future. who's got the best upgrades?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 pm

bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 pm wrote:Not sure if anyone is planning to watch any of the Paralympics, but what I have watched in the past has been truly humbling.
Bungle

well said mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am

woof woof ! » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 pm wrote:Good luck to them but personally I'm not remotely interested, especially when I see stuff like this.

Pistorius claims Brazilian champion Alan Oliveira had longer prosthetic blades that gave him greater stride length

Race analysis suggests superior leg speed rather than stride length was key to upset

F'uck me they're not complaining about drug abuse, instead they're moaning about the advantage another "athlete" gained from the use of superior screw on limbs !. What next ? F1 type testing to ensure wheelchairs are all within certain parameters ?

the funny thing is that Pistorius has spent the last 4 years fighting to get into normal races saying its all to do with upper boday and theres not a advantage on blades or how long they are.........and now he says there is.

in truth its just made him look silly.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 pm

lakes10 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:26 am wrote:they have been great...strange seeing my mate on tv all the time. (Danny Crates)
shame he is not running but just working on c4.

Well if were name dropping then........ Adam Gemili who ran in the 100m is a mate of mine

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:54 pm

James O'shea  :bowdown  :buttrock  I went to school with this bloke, well done fella congratulations!

http://paralympics.channel4.com/the-ath ... index.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... quest.html

I actually didn't realise he had his legs slashed off by a train!  :Oo: It wasn't until I saw the Olympics I knew of his story.

:bowdown
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:45 am

Well curtain come down with a fine show

Congratulations to all the athlete's  for their efforts

And well done to UK for putting on the great show
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<