dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:31 am

yeah on bbc bav
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:31 am

anyone still watching this??

Its back on and last week was a double bill... Story has gone quite boring... T-bag from prison break has joined the show and is one of the main character atm...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:29 am

im loving the new season, characters are better now, decent storyline... its sweet
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Heroes went from being very good in its first season, to being a bit mental, the writers went mental, wrote themselves into a mess, and a such it's taken 5 seasons for it to get back on track to being somewhat interesting. I think it's too little too late for it. Expect this to be the last series.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:18 pm

I think s2 was a bit off but otherwise it's been a solid show. The good thing about this type of show is it's very easy to write in new characters so it's easy to get back into watching it. Glad to see Peter has his abilities back.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think s2 was a bit off but otherwise it's been a solid show. The good thing about this type of show is it's very easy to write in new characters so it's easy to get back into watching it. Glad to see Peter has his abilities back.

That was it's downfall, though. The writers went mental and started writing in all sorts of useless characters, and it was as if they got bored with them and threw them out. There was no consistency. They killed characters off, and realized it was a mistake, then wrote them back in and made up some bullsh*t backstory of how it was possible, like the bird that freezes...what's her name? Is it Tracy? Anyway, she's a f*cking usless character that shouldn't even be in there. What's her purpose to the story other than she's great to look at?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:07 pm

I dunno, ask me at the end of the series. :D To be honest if I wanted to I could pick holes in most shows too, even good shows like 24. Infact I remember watching the most recent series of 24 on Sky and in almost every ep there was a moment where I went 'hang on that would never happen'.

Something you just need to lower your expectations with these shows. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:23 pm

bavlondon wrote:I dunno, ask me at the end of the series. :D To be honest if I wanted to I could pick holes in most shows too, even good shows like 24. Infact I remember watching the most recent series of 24 on Sky and in almost every ep there was a moment where I went 'hang on that would never happen'.

True that. 24 isn't even that good TBH. It's the same OTT formula. Rince and repeat. I mean FFS, Jack is more formidable than Rambo and Jason Bourne combined. And he says "damn it" too much for my liking.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I dunno, ask me at the end of the series. :D To be honest if I wanted to I could pick holes in most shows too, even good shows like 24. Infact I remember watching the most recent series of 24 on Sky and in almost every ep there was a moment where I went 'hang on that would never happen'.

True that. 24 isn't even that good TBH. It's the same OTT formula. Rince and repeat. I mean FFS, Jack is more formidable than Rambo and Jason Bourne combined. And he says "damn it" too much for my liking.

And his phone never seems to run out of battery.  :laugh:

I think the last good show I watched where I can honestly say I loved it from end to end is Generation Kill.

Anyway I will still be watching Heroes tonight.  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:36 pm

The new story is not bad and i could see it turning out a little interesting with that samuel character. wonder where some of the characters have gone like suresh? micah? 

I thought sylar would be out of the show but glad his connected with parkman... Top character...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Madmax wrote:The new story is not bad and i could see it turning out a little interesting with that samuel character. wonder where some of the characters have gone like suresh? micah? 

I thought sylar would be out of the show but glad his connected with parkman... Top character...

I thought that was complete rubbish how they handled that with Sylar. It almost made me not want to watch it again when I seen Nathan was still breathing, but only as a shape-shifted avatar of himself with his mind in sylar's body. And as true to Heroes form, characters just randomly apprear, then disappear with no explanation. It's just a random mess.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Madmax wrote:The new story is not bad and i could see it turning out a little interesting with that samuel character. wonder where some of the characters have gone like suresh? micah? 

I thought that was complete rubbish how they handled that with Sylar. It almost made me not want to watch it again when I seen Nathan was still breathing, but only as a shape-shifted avatar of himself with his mind in sylar's body. And as true to Heroes form, characters just randomly apprear, then disappear with no explanation. It's just a random mess.

yeah the sylar concept is pretty poorly done but i like his character so was happy his in it in some sense.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

didnt you watch it last night on 3?

And Sylar being around again in yer mans head was class. This is my 2nd fav season, after one which was of course awesome
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum