For how long should mutu be out?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dom1 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:43 pm

:D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:39 pm

Ban him and anyone else on drugs for life. I realise a lot of players take drugs but while yer hand out minimal sentences then it will continue.

When I put my money on the turnstile I dont do it to watch some smackhead.

These guys are paid a fortune to play clean, when they take drugs they let the side, the club themselves and more importantly themselves down.

Football is the only sport that lets players continue when caught taking drugs which just goes to show how weak the whole organisation is. The FA and the clubs are just too scared to deal wth the matter as they know its gonna cost them money.

There are going to be more players caught until the FA, PA, the government and the clubs clean it up.

I'm surprised by the fans who seem to accept it as normal practice which it is in society but these guys are meant to be athletes, its a joke.

For a start we could get the clubs to carry out regular tests and if LFC did this then it would probably give them an edge but they wont cos they don't want to manage the situation but let the FA take the lead of being the baddy and they have been proven to be weak time after time.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1098209959 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:37 pm

i would say 1 year.
67-1098209959

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:14 am

kindaconfused wrote:Ban him and anyone else on drugs for life. I realise a lot of players take drugs but while yer hand out minimal sentences then it will continue.

When I put my money on the turnstile I dont do it to watch some smackhead.

These guys are paid a fortune to play clean, when they take drugs they let the side, the club themselves and more importantly themselves down.

Football is the only sport that lets players continue when caught taking drugs which just goes to show how weak the whole organisation is. The FA and the clubs are just too scared to deal wth the matter as they know its gonna cost them money.

There are going to be more players caught until the FA, PA, the government and the clubs clean it up.

I'm surprised by the fans who seem to accept it as normal practice which it is in society but these guys are meant to be athletes, its a joke.

For a start we could get the clubs to carry out regular tests and if LFC did this then it would probably give them an edge but they wont cos they don't want to manage the situation but let the FA take the lead of being the baddy and they have been proven to be weak time after time.

he should get shorter than rio if he gets banned and he could of played yesterday against blackburn if he's was fit i hope they dnt throw the book at him.its stupid how quickly the media find out this stuff ??? and its a sex drugs apperanlty why should he get banned for 2 years for addmiting taking coke,viarga etc but rio gets 8 months for missing a drugs tests. i know its a diffrent league but davids and stam got 3 months for taking coke in the italian league mutu should be orded to counselling it will hit chelsea pockets more if they cancel he's contract cus there still paying him :laugh: but he admitted it apperantley to his reprsentives and to the pfa i won't belive he took it until i here it from a direct from him or at his new confrence this week.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:23 pm

Funny article in yesterdays paper about Mutu                                                                                  Mutu feels a right charlie

Sunday October 24, 2004
The Observer

Startlingly, the world of football seems to have reacted to Adrian Mutu's drugs escapade with a degree of common sense. In particular, and at last, there is the dawning realisation that there may be a difference between recreational drugs and the performance enhancing kind. You can have one without the other.
If the Chelsea striker had snorted a fat line of coke off the mirror that José Mourinho carries everywhere for reassurance as part of his pre-match preparation, his performance might have gone something like this: Mutu kicks off to Kezman. And immediately the jabbering starts. 'Hey Kezman did you see the quality of that kick-off it was just fantastic the way it went straight to feet and the way you controlled it Kezman was out of this world and the way we're teaming up at the moment there's no doubt we can win the League and the Champions League and... Kezman, have you got any Romanian grandparents? Because we really should be playing at the highest level and, no ******, I reckon we could win the World Cup if we keep playing like this. And, I don't know about you, but I think that George Bush seems to know what he is doing. Enough about me. What did you think of my kick-off?'

All of which blathering is unlikely to improve Mutu's game, although it might give a much-needed confidence boost to Kezman. One that would be entirely legal because, at the time of writing, there are no laws against benefiting from the effects of passive drug-taking. The problems would start when the mood swings and paranoia kick in and Mutu approaches Kezman over a half-time orange: 'Forget all I said about that kick-off. It was ******. You're ******. The team's ******. The manager's ******. Bush is ******. Now I mention it, I'm ******.'
IT APPEARS THAT the drugs test that Mutu failed could have been ordered by his club. If so, it is akin to the Mafia ordering a hit on one of their own family.

What neater way to dispense of the services of a team member who has gone so off the rails as to be unloanable? I can foresee a spate of in-house drugs busts, or, failing that, training ground incidents in which out-of-sorts stars are subjected to career-ending and insurance-claiming injuries. And, after the Football Association's admittedly feeble example with David Beckham, there is little the money-men could do to rebut such a claim. Who knows? Perhaps Chelsea signed Winston Bogarde to carry out precisely such behind-closed-doors hits.

THE OTHER POTENTIALLY significant consequence of Mutu's week is that it could mark the end of the knee-jerk assumption that all celebrities are Kings of Love. From Angus Deayton to Sven-Göran Eriksson they have been named and shamed and praised for their bedroom performance.

In Sven's case this has gone so far that one can assume only that he has updated that tired Eighties response to a sexual compliment 'don't tell me, tell your friends' to 'don't tell me, tell the News of the World '. And that much to Sven's delight, a succession of women have followed his instructions.

Mutu has not been so lucky, 'Transylvanian temptress Laura Andresan, 23' being less than complimentary as she bucked the trend last week in lurid and damningly lucid detail. It all started positively enough with a cut finger leading to some blood sucking and, inexorably, a top-of-the-kitchen-table coupling.

But things became murkier when they retired upstairs to join 'mutual friends' Crang and Anca (a cracking name for a pub) in the Bucharest flat's only bedroom. For a while, each couple did their own thing, but then Mutu 'must have realised he wasn't turning me on' (a horrible 'must' for Mutu; perhaps it dawned upon him when Laura told him, as she told The Sun , that 'he was like a beginner at sex - like a young boy with very little experience').

Whatever, Mutu switched to Anca. Sadly, for the long-term future of the foursome, 'ex- Penthouse model Laura... didn't fancy Crang' (Crang's views are not recorded). Mutu returned to Laura, but 'for all his money, good looks and charm, the great Mutu was not so great in bed. And when it was over, I realised I didn't even like him very much.' Which, it could be argued, is a bit late in the night to come to such a realisation.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1098692964 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:41 pm

peewee wrote:he has now said it wasnt coke but it was something to stimulate his sex life

The guy makes too many U-turns.

Any excuse to get away with it...

After all it was still a "performance enhancing" dugs... :p

He should get 2 years! He should be "made an example" of..!
77-1098692964

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:06 pm

ManUtd wrote:
peewee wrote:he has now said it wasnt coke but it was something to stimulate his sex life

The guy makes too many U-turns.

Any excuse to get away with it...

After all it was still a "performance enhancing" dugs... :p

He should get 2 years! He should be "made an example" of..!

like rio was made an example of at least he took the test unlike rio who missed the test to get the drug out of his system  ???  like stam and davids got 3 months for taking coke  ??? have we actuyally heard a direct quote from mutu saying he took coccaine he took somethink else to enhance he sex life no we haven't.we heard from the pfa and mutu agents but not him so wait to his news confrence this week and then we can decide wether his guilty or not
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion