Raheem sterling - One for the future

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:26 am

Looks like young Raheem will be the new John Barnes, same Jamaican roots and left winger.
alwayslfc

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm

alwayslfc » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 am wrote:Looks like young Raheem will be the new John Barnes, same Jamaican roots and left winger.

He may have played as a left winger but he is right footed. John Barnes was a true left winger.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 pm

I think he deserves a bit of sub appearances to be honest, looked good when he came out in the 2nd half. I hope we don't rush him though, sometimes promising players show flashes of quality before their consistancy dies down, Insua and Plesis anyone?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 pm

With all due to respect to those 2 players, Sterling is of a much higher quality. I do hope we don't rush him, but we need to also give him a few more cameo's off the bench. 15 or 20 minutes would be great.
Tim LFC

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:13 pm

i think what liverpool are wary about is what happened to fowler and owen, they were one of the first names on the teamsheet at 18, 19 and 20 but were practically finished at 23 because of injuries, maybe finished is too strong a word but they were certainly not the players they once were.
injuries curtailed their careers before they got anywhere near what should have been their 27-30 peak.
i think the liverpool coaching and medical staff believe that the step up in intensity from reserve team footy to first team footy is a gap that needs to be bridged slowly, by throwing players (especially players who rely on sharpness and quick reactions) straight into the deep end like owen and fowler were the shock to their systems meant that injury`s down the line were inevitable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 pm

agreed, look at Arsenal as well when the rushed the likes of Walcott and Wilshere, Walcott was too injury prone and now Wilshere got sidelined for the whole season.

We just need to take it slow and let the players develop properly
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah, you wonder how Oxlade Chamberlain will be in the future too.

On Sterling, looks like he's been training with the first team by the training photo's. I'd expect him to be in the Newcastle squad then.
Tim LFC

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Tim LFC » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:11 pm wrote:Yeah, you wonder how Oxlade Chamberlain will be in the future too.

On Sterling, looks like he's been training with the first team by the training photo's. I'd expect him to be in the Newcastle squad then.

Both him and Wisdom were apparently training with the first team today.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Coady, Suso and Adorjan as well.
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 pm wrote:Coady, Suso and Adorjan as well.

Not sure about Suso or Adorjan, well didn't see much of Adorjan but Suso looks a bit lightweight to me and lacks fitness.

I really like Adam Morgan though, fantastic finisher and scored a wonder goal today
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:11 pm

metalhead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:44 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 pm wrote:Coady, Suso and Adorjan as well.

Not sure about Suso or Adorjan, well didn't see much of Adorjan but Suso looks a bit lightweight to me and lacks fitness.

I really like Adam Morgan though, fantastic finisher and scored a wonder goal today

Agree 100% with that mate, from what i have seen on the LFC channel he is a pretty good finisher, and maybe in time, the sort of owen/fowler type poacher we long for.

Coady too, he just seems to have that little bit of something about him ( sort of footballing brain..................if you know what i mean ).

I think Suso will probably go the same way as Pacheco, Adorjan seems to blow hot/cold.

But definitely some talent floating about below the 1st team
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Adam Morgan looks the business ,but from what I've seen Jack Dunne is the one to watch .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

RedSi35 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm wrote:

Agree 100% with that mate, from what i have seen on the LFC channel he is a pretty good finisher, and maybe in time, the sort of owen/fowler type poacher we long for.

Coady too, he just seems to have that little bit of something about him ( sort of footballing brain..................if you know what i mean ).

I think Suso will probably go the same way as Pacheco, Adorjan seems to blow hot/cold.

But definitely some talent floating about below the 1st team

Suso has a higher ceiling than Pacheco. Borrell was saying he needs to work harder, be less greedy and apply himself more. Also said he's a once in generation talent. He's inconsistent but when he's on his game he's unplayable. Bossed Man U ressies in the 2nd half.

RE: Sterling is pretty much in the first team now it seems, he's been training with them for a few weeks now.
Tim LFC

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Of the current crop of youngsters I'm impressed with Sterling (obviously) and McLaughlin at right back.

Sterling is the obvious star, reminds me of a young Shaun Wright-Phillips when he burst on the scene at City.  Ball seems stuck to his feet and he can carry the ball at pace.  His final ball and decision making are decent for a lad of that age too.  I don't think there's any question he'll make our first team in the next year or two.

I like McLaughlin too.  Very strong in the tackle, very athletic and good in defence and attack.

I'm not sold on Suso yet.  Blows hot and cold.  If he can't perform consistently at that level I can't see him doing it in the first team.  I don't think Morgan is good enough either, he's a good finisher but nowt else to his game, a bit like that youngster Nemeth we had a few years back, great finisher but just useless outside the box.  You need more to your game to make it these days.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Felt a bit bad for Raheem yesterday.  To be thrown on the pitch with so little time, and with a team playing so poorly, IMO wasn't the right time to put him on.  My thinking, either start him in the weakened squad or bring him on as a sub with the true first team.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge