LIVERPOOL v QPR

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 pm

7_Kewell wrote:how much time benny...

How long is a piece of string - there is no set time for players to develop .

Look at Drogba for example - guess when he started going ?  25 he was - if he was at Liverpool at the age of 22 you would have him slung out.

Look at Lucas - for 18 months people like yourself wanted him gone - now he is one of the best in the prem in his role if not the best.
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

Look at Drogba for example - guess when he started going ?  25 he was - if he was at Liverpool at the age of 22 you would have him slung out.

Look at Lucas - for 18 months people like yourself wanted him gone - now he is one of the best in the prem in his role if not the best.

i'm confused...so you're saying its acceptable to spend 100+ million on players and no expect anything back for 2-3 years?   :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 am

Benny The Noon wrote:

When you spend a considerable amount of money:

35 million on Carroll
20 million on Henderson

You do expect signs or glimpses of great things to come, we haven't seen that from either of these two.

As for Downing and Adam they were bought to have an immediate effect on our performance. They have been downright awful and we should show them the door as soon as possible.

Fans have a reason to be annoyed as this HAS effected the first XI and Kenny needs to come out and admit this. You are only setting yourself up for failure to come out and ask for patience when you have spent so much money and not delivered on any improvements (except for Jose Enrique). We aren't Manure where we have been winning titles, year in year out, and can afford to bring in expensive youngsters to mould in with the first XI. We are a team that needs FUNDAMENTAL improvements. It is unbelievable that we still require an attacking midfield option, quality right and left midfielders and a 2nd striker (that fits into our system) after so MANY seasons.........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:52 am

The thing is this kind of result would have been put down as a fluke result if we have won many of our previous winnable ... But now this has become more of a norm associated with this team rather than an exception which is unacceptable...

As far as I'm concerned, we are truly a midtable team, a mediocre team and we need alot of work in the summer. Kenny doesn't seem to have a system for the team and while that maybe suited for teams with better quality players, for this team, it doesn't work. Adam, Carroll and downing are just too one-dimensional and while Hendo seems to be more versatile, he still lacks experience.

If we do not win the FA cup, it'll be a disappointing season for me especially since our league form suggests we might even finish 10th or lower. It is very hard to swallow considering we have spent much more than other clubs with the exception of Man City...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:06 am

eds wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

When you spend a considerable amount of money:

35 million on Carroll
20 million on Henderson

You do expect signs or glimpses of great things to come, we haven't seen that from either of these two.

As for Downing and Adam they were bought to have an immediate effect on our performance. They have been downright awful and we should show them the door as soon as possible.

Fans have a reason to be annoyed as this HAS effected the first XI and Kenny needs to come out and admit this. You are only setting yourself up for failure to come out and ask for patience when you have spent so much money and not delivered on any improvements (except for Jose Enrique). We aren't Manure where we have been winning titles, year in year out, and can afford to bring in expensive youngsters to mould in with the first XI. We are a team that needs FUNDAMENTAL improvements. It is unbelievable that we still require an attacking midfield option, quality right and left midfielders and a 2nd striker (that fits into our system) after so MANY seasons.........

spot on
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:29 am

:0  :no
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 am

Gutted absolutely gutted, dont think I can remember us losing a game in that manner
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:33 am

I hoped that I would calm a bit down after the result but i'm still p1ssed off with the manner we let our 2-0 lead slip away. Wtf! Seriously, enough with the excuses, every single game it's the same damn excuse "we played really well but unlucky" oh well we aren't getting any results from "playing well". Kenny has to admit his mistakes in the transfer market, ship out the players he thought were good enough and buy other quality players. I've never seen Adam so shyte
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:59 am

THe problem with Kenny was he made sh.it signings last summer and is now paying for it and he could be the next manager to go after AVB, either he quit or sacked. I just don't know why he went mostly British when there were better and cheaper talents in Europe, Africa and S.America. Look at who Newcastle bought to replace Carroll and he's scoring for fun. He and Commolli could have got him instead of Carroll. Ten years away from management I think have limited his scope to the British Isles only and what we're seeing now is the outcome.

Because of what he had accomplished both as a player and first spell as manager here, I still want him to be in charge for another 12 months. If we're still a mid table club this time next year, Henry should give him the sack or ask him to resign. I hate to see this legend of ours being continously bashed by fans and media.
alwayslfc

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 am

happy brigade out in full force I'm guessing? I didn't see much of the second half but we killed them in the first half hour, I don't understand how we could have let that slip from being in such a good position. Anyways its still a matter of progress, I wouldn't bother discussing sacking Kenny, he's gonna be here next season like it or not. Patience is a virtue
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 am

I've been patient for 19 years mate.

There are lads married, drinking in pubs, working full time and probably fathers standing on the Kop who've never witnessed us winning the league. How patient must we be?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 am

Reg - calm down !!!

LFC is a work in progress (Ok it has been for a while now but be patient!)

Give the manager time (Hodgson would have a laugh at that one!)

We were unlucky again!

Give the hugely paid massively expensive players time to develop (How that applies to Downings pathetic Premiership performances given his club and international experience I don't know)

Gerrard plays a blinder against the bitters and suddenly we forget just how lack lustre he has been recently.

The Carling Cup and a good run in the FA Cup is only papering over the cracks.

SORRY LADS WE ARE IN NEED OF A TRANSPLANT.MAJORY SURGERY IS REQUIRED!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:45 am

i think there is 3 things going on;

one is that we are really not all that good. we have decent quality (but not exceptional) in one or two areas but that's about it. to be a bit tough on them; suarez is a magician around the box but a shocking finisher, gerrard is past his best, reina is not the keeper he used to be, carra is over the hill, the flanks are the least creative in the league.

two is that we have signed some very mediocre players for way too much money. adam, downing and maybe even henderson are nowhere near the quality we have had in the past and nowhere near what we should be getting if we want to be anything other than an upper mid-table team.

three is slightly more generous and is tiredness. we've been playing a lot of games recently and collapsing in the last 15 mins of a game is a classic sign of fatigue. what's more worrying is that we have some serious fixture congestion coming up and we don't have any kind of strength in depth to keep players fresh.

now and again we can drag ourselves up to a good performance as we saw in the derby, but sadly all that does is make us believe that everything is ok. time is not really going to make it much better, and as much as i love kenny i really don't think his management skills are as good as we would like them to be and try and believe them to be. the cup runs are great, of course - but lets remember we struggled against championship opposition in the carling cup final and won on the lottery of penalties.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 am

don't think Kenny is the problem here at all but if he is he needs to stand up and admit it. Buying the English players was a gamble that if it had paid off he would've been deemed a genius, however, it isn't working. I think Downing can still do a job here though. I quite like his play.
Kenny should now say 'right, I fuk'd up. Lets approach this from a different angle' and plead with John Henry for the funding to change things.

As for the QPR game, I thought I'd have another look at it after a sleep but I still feel the same. I'm through with this team for this season. I'm wasting no more money, time and effort watching and cheering on this rabble. I'll keep one eye on the results but as far as the team goes they can please themselves, let's face it, most of the overpaid kn@bs do anyway!

Over summer should see a change and hopefully a fresh new team set up for next season. Lets hope so.

Credit to QPR though, they didn't deserve to win but they did.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 am

Are you being serious about not bothering !!

Shanks quote of " If you can't support us during the bad tunes don't bother turning up for the good times "

We have a poor run in the league and people start saying " they aren't wasting anymore effort" - fair weather
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games