Boycott the daily mirror

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I havent bought it since the disgraceful headline "Racist" was on the back page. I tried to e-mail the pr'ick Maddock to rip into him but havent been able to as it came back postal failure.
I wonder if anyone else feels the same about how badly theyre treating Suarez and LFC?
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:45 pm

TBH I've never bought it anyway as it's full of :censored: with the exception of Brian Reade.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:01 pm

tubby wrote:TBH I've never bought it anyway as it's full of :censored: with the exception of Brian Reade.

Its a habit really mate
But Im absolutely fuming that they chose to write that about Suarez. Totally out of order
Thommo's perm

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:50 pm

I'll be very surprised if Suarez doesn't take action over that headline as it was a clear defamation of his character. I haven't read the article but the RACIST headline over a picture of him was too far.

As has been said elsewhere, the fact the FA have handed out this verdict without the explanation has just opened up Suarez up to this free for all character assassination that he is having to endure and the press are loving it.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Boycott all the feckin papers... You only need a laptop or a smart phone or an Ipad & Google News.

Havent bought a newspaper in ages.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:04 pm

I can't take anyone seriously who talks about the news but buys a red top.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sixbuster » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:44 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I can't take anyone seriously who talks about the news but buys a red top.

Here here I agree
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:03 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
tubby wrote:TBH I've never bought it anyway as it's full of :censored: with the exception of Brian Reade.

Its a habit really mate
But Im absolutely fuming that they chose to write that about Suarez. Totally out of order

Agreed. But it's what the papers are there for, to print sensationalist headlines to sell and get a rise out of people. Don't give them the time of day mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Bermenstein wrote:Boycott all the feckin papers... You only need a laptop or a smart phone or an Ipad & Google News.

Havent bought a newspaper in ages.

Aye

Cant remember the last time i bought a paper.

Read the free metro in the morning, rest is off phone.

Tabloids are just bleh
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:18 pm

in all fairness his article on suarez the other day was a joke for a liverpool supporter. i've come to expect better from him in the past.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:08 am

Thommo's perm wrote:I havent bought it since the disgraceful headline "Racist" was on the back page. I tried to e-mail the pr'ick Maddock to rip into him but havent been able to as it came back postal failure.
I wonder if anyone else feels the same about how badly theyre treating Suarez and LFC?

Thommo there all as bad as each other. Even the so-called quality press isn't totally balanced. Find it difficult to take any paper seriously given their history of misreporting especially when it comes to football.Wouldn't bother getting too upset.They are not worth it!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:34 am

the problem is that now 90% of all sports reporters are now based in Manchester the more they are going to be pro Manc.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:55 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I can't take anyone seriously who talks about the news but buys a red top.

To be fair I dont buy a paper for the news. As Ive said its more of a habit. But I do take notice of the back pages and was totally pi'ssed off with that particular editon. Maddock is supposed to be a scouser I think? I dont expect them to be pro-LFC but I dont expect them to be anti-LFC either. I hope the club takes them to task on this and gives them a kick in the bollix.
They need to get their tongue from up purple noses ar'se
Thommo's perm

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion