Rogerio ceni

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 am

Have you lot heard of him?  He plays for Sao Paulo and recently scored his 100th goal.  He's almost had 1000 appearances for Sao Paulo, and scored his 100th goal.  An average of about 1 goal in 10 games.

He's their goal keeper  :oh:

He takes their pens and many free kicks.  43 pens and 53 free kick goals.  I'm assuming the other 4 came from them losing and him joining the attack as a last-ditch attempt sort of thing.

What the feck? what kind of keeper scores 100 goals... If Pepe leaves we should definitely sign him up  :D

Apparently he was the MOTM in 2005 when they beat us 1-0 in the FIFA Club World Cup.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:17 am

ethanr wrote:Have you lot heard of him?  He plays for Sao Paulo and recently scored his 100th goal.  He's almost had 1000 appearances for Sao Paulo, and scored his 100th goal.  An average of about 1 goal in 10 games.

He's their goal keeper  :oh:

He takes their pens and many free kicks.  43 pens and 53 free kick goals.  I'm assuming the other 4 came from them losing and him joining the attack as a last-ditch attempt sort of thing.

What the feck? what kind of keeper scores 100 goals... If Pepe leaves we should definitely sign him up  :D

Apparently he was the MOTM in 2005 when they beat us 1-0 in the FIFA Club World Cup.

Shows how much of a joke the Brazilian league is really.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:11 pm

So he takes a penalty in the 80th minute with the score at 0-0, and hits the post, the oppo collect the rebound and counter attack faster than he can get back to his goal. they score. His team lose.

What kind of d!ck head team coach do you have to be to let your keeper takes the pens?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:So he takes a penalty in the 80th minute with the score at 0-0, and hits the post, the oppo collect the rebound and counter attack faster than he can get back to his goal. they score. His team lose.

What kind of d!ck head team coach do you have to be to let your keeper takes the pens?

Haha exactly.  Tho I imagine if it's 0-0, somebody else may take it.  Even harder to see are his free kicks... What's the chance his free kick goes in? keeper gets it and chucks it up the pitch to somebody siting at half and goes for a tap-in.  They must sit a few people back or something.
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:17 pm

ethanr wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:So he takes a penalty in the 80th minute with the score at 0-0, and hits the post, the oppo collect the rebound and counter attack faster than he can get back to his goal. they score. His team lose.

Haha exactly.  Tho I imagine if it's 0-0, somebody else may take it.  Even harder to see are his free kicks... What's the chance his free kick goes in? keeper gets it and chucks it up the pitch to somebody siting at half and goes for a tap-in.  They must sit a few people back or something.

wouldnt they be offside?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Reminds me of that Chilavert for Chile was it? He scored a few too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:28 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
ethanr wrote:

wouldnt they be offside?

No they wouldn't have to be all the way up the pitch.  You sit right before the half line and you can't be offside.  Keeper punts the ball well into their half and it's a foot race.
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:06 pm

tubby wrote:Reminds me of that Chilavert for Chile was it? He scored a few too.

yeh I remember him, always an FM purchase back in the day  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion