A mid table club

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rui446 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:14 am

I am just worndering if that the five year plan of GH is to turn liverpool into champoions of England or a mid table club...
A Draw with Newcastle..a game which at times we hanging on for our dear lives...is being viewed as a good result!!!!!..for pete;s sake anyone with have a brain would know that newcastle showed more hunger and passion for the game and if not for kirkland we would have been soundly beaten, as the way we started ..i think GH was going for a 0-0 draw , the only way that starting line up was going to score was by that type of freak goal.... but the thing that hurts i mean hurts is that that @##4@@$@V Of a manger is happy with the result...I cannot understand .....whats was so good a draw and we played like cr#p..good a for lmid table team or a team fighting relegation definately not for club of Liverpool's pedigree or stature. have these fools who are in charge no pride no passion...i mean to make it to the top you need ambition, drive and passion and most importantly desire to win each and every single game....a draw against no matter what ever opposition should never be considered a good result... what does it say about a team which dominated the game in England for so long to ,,to go to a game expecting to happy with a point...... PATHETIC.. ABSOLUTELY PATHECTIC.....I am no Football Manager .... but what i have for this club none of the idiots at the top have and that is pride and if you are really pround to be associated with the club of liverpool then you would never stand for the mediorce performance ...even worse be happy about it.. injuries are an excuse for losers and that GH that is what you are ..a very BIG one ,,, i ma sorry i was very supportive of you and rspected you becasue you came and turned things a round but now you are killing the clun that i love and i will not stand for it..

Why why cant anyone who can do something about the matter see what millions of people all over the worls can see...

After seeing that perfoamnace by liverpool i had the agony of watchng Manure dismantle Aston and thought they learned to play like that from us and now ours cant play that kind of game even if their lives depended on it..... ever see Manure or Arsenal going into a game seeking to be happy with a draw ... that is why the have so many titles between them... do you think they never had any injury problems...
rui446

Postby leothelion » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:27 am

ONE WORD YOU MENTIONED THERE MATE IS THE KEY TO OUR PROBLEM "PRIDE" WHEN YOU THINK BACK TO THE GOOD DAYS THE TEAM PLAYED FOR THE LOVE OF THE TEAM NOT FOR THE MONEY .HOW MANY IN THE CLUB COULD YOU SAY THAT ABOUT NOW BOTH PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:13 am

PRIDE IS NOT A FACTOR IN FOOTBALL ANYMORE. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY (SHAME)

rui446 i agree with you, i didnt see the game on saturday but i did see the interview with GH saying that it was a good result. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS WHEN A LIVERPOOL TEAM WOULD SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN A VICTORY.

obviously houllier isnt the right man for LFC and he wasnt from the beginning. because he doesnt have liverpools best interests in mind.

which is to be one of the best teams in the country. which as you all must admit you are not even close to at the moment.

AND WHATS WITH ALL THESE FRENCH YOUNGSTERS!!!!! DOM1.
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:01 pm

GHs negative tactics nearly cost us a point, his aproach to the game seemed to be one of....er we will play for a draw why else would he play heskey on the left pongy up on his own? no support from the midfield, in the second half he takes pongy off brings vlad on and still left heskey on the left? gh is running scared! that game was there for the taking if we had aproached it with an attack minded plan i hope gh is not going to revert to the boring "lets go there for a point" tactic! cos he promised he would adopt a more attacking style both home and away, i didn,t see any of that yesterday?. it,s the end of the line for the frenchman as far as i am concerned and he should take some of those average under preformers with him!! :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:24 pm

Went for a draw - got a draw - thanks to a flukey goal.
Not impressed at all!
Best form of defence is attack - Newcastle could have been beaten if we had shown more creativity and guts.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:24 pm

Went for a draw - got a draw - thanks to a flukey goal.
Not impressed at all!
Best form of defence is attack - Newcastle could have been beaten if we had shown more creativity and guts.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:34 pm

Yeah played very defensivly and were lucky to get the draw but I can understand why Liverpool played like that. Half the team are out, on that point I have to agree with Houllier, and if I was offered a point against Newcastle before the match I'd have taken it. It is a pity it was won so boringly but it makes a change from running rings around Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man U and losing. I dont want to start playing like this again but the point is won and normal service can be resumed at home against Southampton............ actually no not normal serivce probably only lose, hopefully we can play sensible football, attacking when needed and defending when needed to win the three points nothing spectacular just thre points.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:30 pm

simic_ie, even if Liverpool were to have the so-called FULL TEAM, Kermit would still approach the play with the same sterile tactics! You are saying about normal service being resumed at the next game, with the inept manager we have, what we have seen at Newcastle is NORMAL SERVICE, in fact this has been normal service for the past 2 season.
GH has lost the plot, he is turning good to average players into planks and turnips and Liverpool will always struggle to beat well organised teams or get the runaround against teams who can string laong more than three passes because we sure as hell can't do better than string along more than 3 sucessive passes!
Get rid of this French toad (sorry if I offend any French people, I only mena this to this one particular person). He has wasted too much money, brought mediocrity to the club in recent times and if we continue to stick with him, we will sink deeper into mediocrity and pretty soon, a UEFA qualifying end of season league position will represent "a good season"!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:19 am

MISSED THE GAME AS I WAS WORKING BUT JUDGING BY WHAT I SAW IN THE HIGHLIGHTS I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YE THAT ALL THREE POINTS WERE THERE FOR THE TAKING IF THE TEAM WAS MANAGED PROPERLY
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:57 pm

I think your all being a bit harsh, I thought Houllier got his tacticts right considering the cirumstance.  We coulden't have gone all out attack aginst a team like Newcastle, when a player like Heskey is spearheading are attack. I am satisfied with a draw, not over the moon, but satisfied.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion