Turkey & eu - Should be in or out?

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Turkey & eu - Should be in or out?

Turkey will be an important member - welcome!
45%
The result should be "spesific-limited membership"
14%
Close the door to Turks
27%
I still couldnt reach to any decision
14%

Total votes : 22

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:17 am

Totally agree with you Scott about terrorists having a back door entry into europe through Turkey with no border controls, and also some parts of Turkey are really really poor, and you will have them people swarming into better off countries e.g. England free NHS and social security, I think with the terrorist attacks the laws will have to be changed dramaticaly over whos aloud into the EU now they have ignored this freedom of speech for far to long.
Letting these people preach hate on our streets and funding them with our police to do so.
In ten years time everything will sort of even itself out, with the poles, and poorer countries coming to the EU to earn twice as much as they do in there country of origin, once these countries become as expensive as England, germany, France etc to live in there will be no reason to go there to work as everyone will be the same.

I lost my job on the rigs 3 times because they got Lithuanians in to replace us they cost a third of the price of what we where earning some of them where dentists, lawyers etc very highly educated but couldnt speak a word of english, oil rigs are a very dangerous place to work on, and our job was to make sure everyone evacuates when alarm bells ring, there was a gas leak one day and they where just looking at each other as if to say what is this, whilst people where running around thinking the rig was about to blow up, so these oil earning billions are still trying to save on not having the proper safety messures in place and dont give a sh.it who works there as long as they can earn more money with cheap labour.
Now in the North sea there is not one english employee on these oil platforms now they are all phillipinos, lithuanians and Russians, thats England for you and BP must be proud. b@stards
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:24 am

I'd quite like to see Turkey in Europe. Not only would it be good for Turkey what with it's money problems and all, but It would be nice to have a country that is mainly Islamic so that we can get the views of more people who have different views. I can only see it as a benefit for all.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:49 am

I am detached on this issue because I don't reside in any EU country members and not residing in any non-EU European country. Also, I left the UK in 1993 after completing my studies and at that time, the EU was not the force it is today in terms of togetherness as a big economic block.

However, I believe there are economic benefits of being an EU member as the EU is the largest trading bloc, and have surpassed the US in many areas. The US may still lead in areas such as aerospace but this advantage does not apply to all because aerospace is so bloody expensive and is not of any real benefit to many countries. With self-inflicted problems of affecting the US with regards to its foreign policy, the EU has emerged as a real and viable economic trading alternative to the US because simply there in the EU, the per capita head count exceeds the US.

So, it would be beneficial for Turkey to join the EU. Ans, as Ace1983 said, it would be welcome for a country which is largely Islamic to join the EU and the EU would do well to have one such member. This will allow them to steal a very big march on the US which is shooting itself in the foot with their unfreindly foreign policy.

A lot of countries will jump at the chance to ditch the USA as a trade and tech partner if they get a real alternative and the EU is not short on that count.

This is my 2 cents.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:14 am

While I'm from a country which a year back joine EU, I'll pop some of my thoughts.

IMO no country should be not allowed to join EU, that includes Turkey, but ...
- Every country that wants to join has to obide to EU regulations, laws, etc.
- Poland had to change a lot of laws, improve our economy, etc. And that is the way that countries should be allowed to join EU. That include border control (Polands east border is also EU east border, so we had to make sure it's secure and safe).
- EU is seen by outside countries as the promised land, and Turkey should be allowed to begin negotiations, but also EU has to put some requirements for Turkey to fullfill.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:26 pm

Countries which have some economic and democratic problems, see the EU as an escape for themselves. People in that countries believe that their problems will end when they can join the union.

By the way, Turkish people think that they were already European and the membership of Turkiye have lots of benefits both for themselves and EU.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:28 pm

Pablo_Escobar wrote:- EU is seen by outside countries as the promised land,

Or , to put it another way , the EU is one big pile of sh'it which is attracting a lot of flies ,

I go to the doctor , I'm the only person in the waiting room that has english as their native language .

I take a 30 minute bus ride , during which I hear a dozen conversations ,non of them in english .

I go to the post office ,there is a queue of 11 people in front of me ,one of them is some old dear from south london ,the rest are a mixture of east europeans , somali's and west africans ,all drawing their benefits (despite the fact that half of them are wearing designer gear ! )

I stand in a queue at the bus stop ,( queuing being a very english  and socially polite thing to do ) the bus arrives and it's every man ,woman and child for themselves !!! .As the queue now disintergrates into a frantic mob . (Did i mention that the africans at the back of the queue were the first onto the bus ? )

The British way of life has been swamped by a massive invasion of foreign cultures and sociological standards .
Everything changes but not always for the better . I like foreign cultures ,but I like them a lot more when they are in their own country .

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:17 pm

If i were you, I wouldn't be really bothered. To be a part of EU will be okay, but staying as it is; is not the end of the world. But if i were a person from your government, of course i'd do everything to become a part of EU for reason of security, economic, etc.
If I were you, I wouldn't see being a european as such an important matter in my personal life.

As for the choices, I don't think Turkey will be an important member (but who cares); The result should not be "spesific-limited membership" (it's not fair and sort of embarassing); Close the door to Turks -> why? for terrorism reason? terrorism is "YIN" for "YANG", "evil" for "angel", "head" for "tail". You got US then you got Osama; you got Blair then you got Bomb. So i'll choose undecided.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Pablo_Escobar wrote:- EU is seen by outside countries as the promised land,

Or , to put it another way , the EU is one big pile of sh'it which is attracting a lot of flies ,

I go to the doctor , I'm the only person in the waiting room that has english as their native language .

I take a 30 minute bus ride , during which I hear a dozen conversations ,non of them in english .

I go to the post office ,there is a queue of 11 people in front of me ,one of them is some old dear from south london ,the rest are a mixture of east europeans , somali's and west africans ,all drawing their benefits (despite the fact that half of them are wearing designer gear ! )

I stand in a queue at the bus stop ,( queuing being a very english  and socially polite thing to do ) the bus arrives and it's every man ,woman and child for themselves !!! .As the queue now disintergrates into a frantic mob . (Did i mention that the africans at the back of the queue were the first onto the bus ? )

The British way of life has been swamped by a massive invasion of foreign cultures and sociological standards .
Everything changes but not always for the better . I like foreign cultures ,but I like them a lot more when they are in their own country .

:kungfu:

:nod  :nod Very true indeed woof!! I always thought people in mainland UK were going over the top complaining about immigrants!How wrong was i??
Since the the troubles ceased over here we've had a massive influx of allsorts of aliens!!
An i aint happy about it,my boss started a Russian plumber the other day and he works his :censored: of for £7 an hour a lot less than the rest of us get paid!Im just hoping his brothers and uncles etc are'nt in the trade or me and my mates could be outta work pretty soon!!
Who said Enoch Powell was wrong??
66-1120597113

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:29 am

Ya, the biggest probs seem as "cheap-foreign-employment"(like cggy and Barry say) and adaptability troubles of many foreigners..

What can i say, you are right too.
:lookaround
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:36 pm

I like your unbiased view on this
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:52 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I for one will emigrate should sovreignity be surrendered to anyone, especially the Germans. :angry:

was ist mit die Deutschen los?

Das sieht den Deutschen ähnlich!   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:11 pm

let Turkey in. they dont have as much terrorist problems as britain.
109-1093441336

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:18 am

wait and see the real vote
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:10 pm

Yet another black hole to swallow up british taxpayers' money. I've nothing whatsoever against Turkey or it's people but whenever a (relatively) poor country joins the EU it's plain to see who does the paying and who does the benefitting :no

The overall tax burden on people in Britain is too high as it is, the last thing we need is another European member to subsidise
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:51 pm

Woollyback wrote:Yet another black hole to swallow up british taxpayers' money. I've nothing whatsoever against Turkey or it's people but whenever a (relatively) poor country joins the EU it's plain to see who does the paying and who does the benefitting :no

The overall tax burden on people in Britain is too high as it is, the last thing we need is another European member to subsidise

It's one of the most important 'new' criterions;

-Before being accepted to union, the member has to straighten his economical situation. And that must be done by itself (or whatever its English meaning is  :D  )

..i suppose  :)
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Non Football Related Polls