33%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
67%

Total votes : 3

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:45 am

this is what a woodchuck looks like, which is weird because i always thought it was a bird.

take a look at the arms, they're very short which is going to have an effect on the amount of wood it can chuck. the problem is that with limited muscle leverage and follow through it won't be able to chuck the wood very far. therefore after a certain amount of time a pile of wood will grow in front of it preventing it from throwing anymore wood in that direction. it can now turn a little and carry on throwing wood in a new direction, say... 15 degrees to the left, to form a new pile and keep on in this manner until it is completely surrounded by wood. at this point it will have to stop chucking wood because it will have run out of places to chuck it to. of course, if there is a way of lifting the woodchuck out of its chucked wood it may be able to carry on chucking wood for some time from a new spot. but i would guess that by now the woodchuck would be tired, bored and more than a little grumpy - definitely not the ideal state of mind for effective wood chucking.

you can see that this particular woodchuck has completely f.ucked it up by attempting to throw too large a piece at first having already scattered a few timbers around in a disorganised manner. it now has nowhere to go.

******.hole
Last edited by andy_g on Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:56 am

What are the wind conditions Peewee? Is there a head wing or a forewind? Or god forbid a cross wind which completely flumoxes the average woodchuck...  ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:05 am

Woollyback wrote:Is there a head wing or a forewind?

as i just pointed out, woolly, it has no wings as its not a bird.

:D

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:49 am

Thank you for that David Attenborough

b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:41 am

andy_g wrote:Image

this is what a woodchuck looks like, which is weird because i always thought it was a bird.

take a look at the arms, they're very short which is going to have an effect on the amount of wood it can chuck. the problem is that with limited muscle leverage and follow through it won't be able to chuck the wood very far. therefore after a certain amount of time a pile of wood will grow in front of it preventing it from throwing anymore wood in that direction. it can now turn a little and carry on throwing wood in a new direction, say... 15 degrees to the left, to form a new pile and keep on in this manner until it is completely surrounded by wood. at this point it will have to stop chucking wood because it will have run out of places to chuck it to. of course, if there is a way of lifting the woodchuck out of its chucked wood it may be able to carry on chucking wood for some time from a new spot. but i would guess that by now the woodchuck would be tired, bored and more than a little grumpy - definitely not the ideal state of mind for effective wood chucking.

you can see that this particular woodchuck has completely f.ucked it up by attempting to throw too large a piece at first having already scattered a few timbers around in a disorganised manner. it now has nowhere to go.

******.hole

thats a class bit of research mate.  :D

another question for you:

Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers,
a pack of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers,
where's the pack of pickled pepper Peter Piper picked?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:44 pm

behind you

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:44 am

******.hole

brilliant work, well done    :D
112-1077774096

Postby laza » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:35 am

If woodchuck chucks the wood in a forest and nobody see its
Did it really happen ???
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:34 am

depends if it made a sound or not.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:59 pm

******.hole

Hold on !
How big exactly is that woodchuck ,it looks to me as though it's resting on a match stick . If thats the case it makes the original question immaterial as the woodchuck instead of chucking wood clearly prefers to set fire to entire tracts of virgin forest , cremating in the process not only it's fellow forest dwellers but also picnickers, hikers , forest rangers and film crews from the national geographic channel. Surely the question should be "Woodchucks are they Dangerous ? "
:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:22 pm

:laugh:

don't f*ck with a woodchuck

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:50 pm

The name wood chuck does not mean chuck as in throw that is merely British slang.

To chuck comes from the Native American (i forget the precise tribe) expression chuk which means to carve but to carve in a childlike way i.e. not very good.  So the woodchuck actually chuks its way through a lot of wood in a single day especially if you consider the amount of wood to body size ratio.

It is a relentless chuker of wood so the question how much wood can a woodchuck chuck is How much wood have you got as this little blighter will not stop.

Also whats the time span and quality of chuking

In fact theres to many variables for the answer to be precisely correct at all as you have
Time
Size of the woodchuck
Wood available
quality of the chuk
Was it correctly chuked to start with

But in the spirit of the thread Ill go for 28.94527
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:30 pm

so taff, are you saying that the question should be:

how much wood would a woodchuck carve but carve in a childlike way if a woodchuck could carve wood but in a childlike way?

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Well that about sums it up  :p
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:56 pm

4,365.5 sounds about right dont u think hammer
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1