5. sold only in the first week of november
15%
6. iilegal to buy/set off outside bonfire night/religious festivals
4%
7. left completely alone to be enjoyed.
19%

Total votes : 26

Postby red37 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:26 pm

me? Ban the bloody things all together and have properly run displays like they used to. im not the only one thats sick and tired of the damn things going off like H-bombs at 2 and 3 in the morning...pillar boxes being ripped apart...dogs kicking off etc.. 'boom boom f.ucking boom' its all you hear from september til new year...not to mention the ones that havnt detonated on your doormat!

:angry:  rant over!    :D

oh and how the f*** do you set up a poll   :D
Last edited by red37 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:30 pm

They should be reduced to organised displays only. They drive my dog mad aswell. We've tried everything. People don't realise how hard it is when you have an animal and it's near to bonfire night. We've paid loads to the vet over the last few years for drugs and that to calm the dog down. Now we've paid out some more bob to buy some kind of air freshner for him which is supposed to relax hiim because it's supposed to smell like his ma :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:38 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:They should be reduced to organised displays only. They drive my dog mad aswell. We've tried everything. People don't realise how hard it is when you have an animal and it's near to bonfire night. We've paid loads to the vet over the last few years for drugs and that to calm the dog down. Now we've paid out some more bob to buy some kind of air freshner for him which is supposed to relax hiim because it's supposed to smell like his ma :D

:laugh:  i know what you mean...my GSD has to have them sedatives as well..he's like a f***ing Zombie til next dinner time! ive had that Airwick thing- total waste of money m8..you may as well give him a couple of cans of Guiness about tea-time, then a few shots after 8  :D

in all seriousness (like most things) the Fun factor simply isnt relevant anymore...its how well you can cause mayhem that spurs half these cretins on

i must be getting old  :p
Last edited by red37 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:16 pm

red37 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:They should be reduced to organised displays only. They drive my dog mad aswell. We've tried everything. People don't realise how hard it is when you have an animal and it's near to bonfire night. We've paid loads to the vet over the last few years for drugs and that to calm the dog down. Now we've paid out some more bob to buy some kind of air freshner for him which is supposed to relax hiim because it's supposed to smell like his ma :D

:laugh:  i know what you mean...my GSD has to have them sedatives as well..he's like a f***ing Zombie til next dinner time! ive had that Airwick thing- total waste of money m8..you may as well give him a couple of cans of Guiness about tea-time, then a few shots after 8  :D

in all seriousness (like most things) the Fun factor simply isnt relevant anymore...its how well you can cause mayhem that spurs half these cretins on

i must be getting old  :p

Na you're not getting old mate. Look at the age of me anmd I'm sick of fireworks  :D

Sure they are great to watch but you don't need the stuff with the dog.

I'll see what this thing does but I'm not holding out much hope on it anyway. We tried that diazapan last year, it seemed toi work but the next morning the dog had shat all over the kitchen because it gave him diaoreah, which was a bastard to clean up.

If this air freshner thing doesn't work then we'll give him the diazapan with some immodium this time  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:40 pm

It affects all animals though, I have a cat, and a few years ago he broke his leg because a firework went off down the street as he was jumping off the garden wall, and everytime a firework goes off, he hides in stupid places which results in him getting stood on or his tail trampled on. In our street last year, some 13 year old boy set fire to a cat and laughed.... when i was about five, it was only about firework displays, but now people seem to think it's so fun to endanger animals and humans too!

why would someone set off a firework in someone elses letterbox, i'll never know. It's not about "Guy Fawkes" its about showing off and hurting people :(
Hebz

Postby Feeney » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:52 pm

F**king ban 'em to the public - pain in the f**king ar$e when d!ckheads get hold of 'em and set them off at stupid o'clock, probably when i've gotta be up early for work :angry: :angry: :angry:

Too much scum getting their hands on them and firing them at people, property, animals etc.... I'm a big fan of Bonfire Night but leading up to it has now become a joke - it's like a month of fireworks at stupid times, then a pretty crappy fire n then another week of fireworks at stupid times.

Can't you tell i've been woken up once or twice in the past week :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:18 am

Some wee smart bastid threw one from a passing car at me the other night  :D Some kind of banger, I thought Id been shot dead.
Ban em to the public brother! Theyre being used at wrong hours for wrong reasons.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:25 am

Mikz wrote:Some wee smart bastid threw one from a passing car at me the other night  :D Some kind of banger, I thought Id been shot dead.
Ban em to the public brother! Theyre being used at wrong hours for wrong reasons.

Did he miss ya then ?

I paid that wee lad a tenner too! :laugh:  :laugh:

Get ya next time if its the last thing i ever do do!
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:29 am

:D do do?

Wee bastid near stopped my heartbeat! From the almeida walk to somethin like michael jackson... Some old age pensioner wouldve keeled over there brother. Maybe they thought theres a young lookin fella try him :eyebrow
Last edited by Mikz on Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:10 pm

I voted number 8 :D
But i know what you mean Adam when you have a dog and it goes mad when there going off..
My mates little sister whos 3 won't go to bed if she can hear them.. she will cry all night bless herr
x

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:03 pm

Ban 'em! They're a pain in the *rse.... The Fire Service get more call outs that are firework related than to actual bonfires.... Can't see the point of Bonfire night meself, wasn't it the first attempt at a Terrorist act? Now we glorify it, amazing....!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:14 pm

CardinalRed wrote:Ban 'em! They're a pain in the *rse.... The Fire Service get more call outs that are firework related than to actual bonfires.... Can't see the point of Bonfire night meself, wasn't it the first attempt at a Terrorist act? Now we glorify it, amazing....!

:cool:

totally agree they're just a tool for kids to annoy the funk out of me and imo any-one who uses them away from public displats should be made to insert one in they're own anus rocket first  :oh:
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby jkop » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Even at 8 in the morning when the school kids are walking past my house and down the lane bangers and rockets are going of everywhere. (ban em all) :angry:
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:44 am

Most of the options in the poll sound reasonable.

The sale of fireworks should be banned and only legal at organised displays.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:25 pm

I think fireworks should be banned . Living in Brixton this time of the year always presents a problem , distinguishing bangers from gunfire . :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls