24 viewers - What was your favourite season?

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

24 viewers - What was your favourite season?

Season 1
50%
Season 2
No votes
Seaosn 3
No votes
Season 4
No votes
Season 5
50%

Total votes : 6

Postby dward » Fri May 25, 2007 7:55 pm

I haven't included season 6 as I think most thought it was worse than the previous seasons.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 25, 2007 8:06 pm

I went with one because it was unlike anything I had seen before, also there were so many twists and turns.

Top Tv.

Next up for me was series 5. Series 6 that just finished was awful, didnt enjoy it at all

Season 1.....

Jack Bauer is a Federal agent who heads up the Counter Terrorist Unit. He is given the task of preventing an assassination attempt on Presidential candidate, Senator David Palmer. The 'assassin' is believed to be working on the inside of the Government and Jack may trust no-one. When Jack's family are abducted and the authorities suspect Jack of attempted murder, he turns to colleague Nina Myers who is his friend and confidant... Filmed in real time, Jack faces the worst twenty-four hours of his life as he battles for the recovery of his family and a government mole.
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri May 25, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri May 25, 2007 9:12 pm

Season 5 for me. Tv doesnt get any better than that. Seasons 4 3 and 2 were great too.

Season 1- Good , but i can remember getting greatly frustrated becos of all the presidential guff.

Season 6- Good, but too many of the older favourite characters are gone.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 25, 2007 9:16 pm

Mikz did you really think season 6 was good??

I was very disappointed with it, to much president stuff and not enough action

It needs to change to a different city maybe even country, if they had a day in London now that would be cool
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:48 pm

I'd have to say that season 5 has been my fave. It just seemed to have so many jaw dropping moments that out-did the one that came before.

Season 1 would be second as it was such a fresh concept for a TV show.

SPOILER ALERT

I just felt that it's weaker moments were the ones were Terri lost her memory and Kim getting involved in that stupid drugs bust.

SPOILER ALERT OVER!

I haven't started watching season 6 yet as I've been recording it onto dvd and thought I'd wait til I've got all 24 episodes so that I can have a good ol' 24 marathon! I have heard that it's not been upto usual standards but I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

I think that considering the subject matter involved with 24 the writers are going to have trouble keeping the show fresh and realistic and  there are going to be times were it does seem to lose it's way.
I have heard that major changes are on the way for the next season with a possible location change very likely. There are also rumours of one or two characters from earlier seasons returning, although who hasn't been revealed.

A lot of people on various 24 discussion forums would like to see the show moved to New York. It certainly would be a very good backdrop for the show but when you consider how busy that city is and the fact that it takes 9 months to film the series it would be a logistical nightmare.
I've often wondered whether or not they would ever go back to before the first season and maybe cover what happened with the Drazens in Yugoslavia (or wherever they came from) as I'm certain theres a good story for a season in that.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 25, 2007 10:40 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I have heard that major changes are on the way for the next season with a possible location change very likely. There are also rumours of one or two characters from earlier seasons returning, although who hasn't been revealed.

:nod
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:37 am

Season 1 closely followed by Season 5. 

Then Season 3 (was that the one with Chase and the Salazars?)

Can't recall the rest, but they were all good.  Thought Season 6 was very ordinary by comparison.  Doyle was a very good character though.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 26, 2007 8:37 am

Season 5 for me . Just when you thought it couldn't get any tenser they'd rack it up a few more notches time and time again . Great edge of your seat stuff.

Although still worth watching was a bit disappointed with season six .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Javier Mascherano_20 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Season 5 was a great season and kept me on the edge of my seat.

As for season 6 i thought it was an ok episode but the ending to season 6 was pants !

It doesn't give you an indication of what season 7 will be about or did i miss something ? ???
Javier Mascherano_20

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:18 pm

season 1...by far the best. never seen anything like it. and it was on bbc2 so it had a 24 special after every epsode where fans talked about the episode...

then 5, also class
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Non Football Related Polls